It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#statelogs cablegate online database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's the live coverage at Owni. They helped with last batch of data on Irak logs.

And they're putting online the database as it goes : here

Unlike The Guardian, New York Times,... they don't plan on retracting information.
Try your luck in search or use the tags as the database grows.

And please, post your findings.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Isn't this considered espionage? If somebody is stealing government secrets and tapping their internet connections I would think that would be spying or "terrorism" in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

As far as I know, someone in the IT chain had enough of the things he was seeing before his eyes and had the guts to make a copy and find a proper channel for this kind of problems, wikileaks, so that people get to know some truthes.

After all they keep telling us they got nothing to hide, so I guess they don't need to be scared.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Was hoping to see a lot of pages with text and a search option..
where ? and how ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Try previous memos at the end of the page or just type in the search box as usual.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We will see if they have anything worth hiding. My favorite so far is moving bunker busting bombs to Israel to use against Iran's nuclear reactors, and how the US government wanted it kept on the down-low so no one would suspect them of helping Israel prepare for a strike on Iran.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

I'm starting to think the people who say wiki leaks is CIA/Gov ran are correct. At least I guess I'm hoping they are because either way its really sad how unsecured our military secrets are.

What would happen if wiki leaks was actually ran by China or Iran? Would people still be so giddy that they were hacking and stealing our secrets?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now thats two places i cannot get on to access what is going on about wikileaks. THE TRAFFIC IS SO HIGH, IT'S CRASHING SERVERS. Some of this stuff is so juicy that everyone will have to take a look. No wonder servers are crashing. Maybe they want it to crash.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
is this part of the insurance file????

or a different leak

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's the one everybody has been talking about this last week.
Diplomatic cables.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

You seem to be going about this the wrong way... what's going on, is that we are finding out the kind of espionage the US has been conducting itself. Apparently it's ok when they do it to others, even their so-called allies?
edit on 28/11/10 by flice because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, there was a hint before about something related to assassinations.
People tend to blame CIA in these scenarios, but it's hard to ever know the truth (JFK...).

One thing is sure, wikileaks can't be gov / cia / iran / china /* all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
cablegate....__._/

Url for the data directly from wikileaks.

Key figures:
* 15, 652 secret
* 101,748 confidential
* 133,887 unclassified
edit on 28-11-2010 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Found one that's going to annoy the french : 10PARIS170

(MoD)Morin was referring to a classified deployment of French Special Forces that have a limited mission to find two kidnapped French journalists.

That could be damaging in two ways
- revealing that there are special forces actively scouring the region
- or the fact they've had no success in over 300 days.

join