It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean President To Address Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ummm...thats because nothing new has happened. Its all quiet. Leave it to folks on ATS to keep it going with "what ifs".

\

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Wow, the Korean tension seems to have changed it tone
Nothing in the news anymore

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Is 10:25 in tokoyo,, there have been no domestic arrival in ~.30 min ,, may mean nothing,, now if more cancellations,, maybe,,

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Report on President Lee's Speech

I think I heard two very quiet hammer clicks and a "are you feeling lucky, punk?".

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Report on President Lee's Speech

I think I heard two very quiet hammer clicks and a "are you feeling lucky, punk?".

president lee is a pussy.

he should have quickly mobilised his army and sent them to their positions and demanded "" whatever "" from the north...

but then again the north did say that the south started it...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well from that news post,. I'd say that Lee is either asking for
permission of the people to take Kim down,.
Or, he is again just handing out IOU's
edit on 28-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: spelduh

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
President have spoken!

Lee calls N. Korea's attack 'inhumane,' calls for national unity

Seoul. South Korean President Lee Myung-bak on Monday strongly condemned North Korea's recent shelling of a South Korean border island, saying an attack against civilians is an "inhumane" crime strictly prohibited even during a war, Yonhap News Agency reported.
"I can't contain my anger over the North Korean regime's cruelty that ignores even the lives of children," Lee said in a televised speech.
He pledged that Seoul will make Pyongyang pay a price corresponding to any future provocations.
Lee said the North's deadly artillery strike on Yeonpyeong Island, where about 1,400 people resided, shows that it would be hard to expect the communist nation to abandon its nuclear program and military brinkmanship.
Lee appealed to the South Korean people for unity, saying a "unified people" would take national security to its strongest level.

www.focus-fen.net...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Lee Vows to Make North Korea Pay for Attack as China Urges Talks

"It’s become clear that more patience and tolerance only leads to bigger provocations," Lee said today in a national address from Seoul. "North Korea will be made to pay for any further provocation no matter what."

www.businessweek.com...

Uh - scary development continue...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

"Lee appealed to the South Korean people for unity, saying a "unified people" would take national security to its strongest level. "

In the US whenever a sitting President wants a war they always seem to quote Lincoln.
This kind of sounds similar in a Korean sort of way.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by JanusFIN

"Lee appealed to the South Korean people for unity, saying a "unified people" would take national security to its strongest level. "

In the US whenever a sitting President wants a war they always seem to quote Lincoln.
This kind of sounds similar in a Korean sort of way.

I just started reading this, but when I see "Unified" and Korea in the same sentence it usually means unifying North and South Korea.

War or real peace treaty?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If "we" were attacked, and the president said "next time it happens, we are going to respond..." I would expect an assassination in less than 24 hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
They are communist after all, so they know successful revolution better than anyone else.

Not communist.

They're Juche. Anyone trying to understand this conflict would be wise to read up on what that means. Calling NK "communist" is simplistic to the point of absurdity - akin to calling a table a horse because it has 4 legs.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
hmmm the entire b-2 fleet dropping MOAB's across good old pyong with a side of a strategic cruise missile barrage followed by bringing the old B-52's back in action for a good old cluster dump..... that should spark things up a bit wouldnt you think. in my eyes they should just put up and fight or shut up and unite.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe MR.LEE will tell the S.K. civilian that "don't worry ,Mr.Obama is with us,he can protect us, you see his aircraft carrier has already been here."....Just guess..hehehe....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
germany was re-united peacefully, although it took the destruction of the soviet empire to accomplish it.

so i guess the only way to re-unify korea would be the destruction of communist china or the destruction of either north or south korea.

the chinese and united states would never allow that to happen respectively.

this stalemate will last indefinately, unless the u.s. can come to some finiancial terms to compensate china for the loss of n.korea if n.korea should lose.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

maybe hes just jumped ship....chances are if they do go to war, he will be killed/assinated so hes getting the hell out of dodge...maybe hes just a coward

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
They are communist after all, so they know successful revolution better than anyone else.

Not communist.

They're Juche. Anyone trying to understand this conflict would be wise to read up on what that means. Calling NK "communist" is simplistic to the point of absurdity - akin to calling a table a horse because it has 4 legs.

I study communism all the time. Just because it is not text book communism does not mean it is not a variation of it, which it is. Obviously there are no countries that follow Lenin's communist theory perfectly, because as he describes, communist revolution depends on the "peculiarity" of the country and people involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
this stalemate will last indefinately, unless the u.s. can come to some finiancial terms to compensate china for the loss of n.korea if n.korea should lose.

Why should the US compensate China for North Korea? The Chinese chose to back North Korea at the urging of Stalin right when the US/UN forces had the North Koreans beat. That was their choice. Now look at this mess. We have taken out our old Cold War proxy [Saddam] in the ME. Russia and China need to deal with theirs. [North Korea] Does China have a big enough pair to not only admit their mistake but to also deal with North Korea like we dealt with Saddam?

It has cost the US a fortune to rid the ME of Saddam.
We [US/West-Russia/China] will have to live with our Cold War proxy ghosts and pay the price. If that Means China has to take a loss then so be it.

Compensate China Pffft.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_B_Told
I just started reading this, but when I see "Unified" and Korea in the same sentence it usually means unifying North and South Korea.

War or real peace treaty?

The North for decades has always brought up "Unification" while simultaneously regurgitate it's line of aggression against the South. This is the first time I've heard the South even remotely airing something similar.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
South Korean President mentioning "unification"?

That's interesting, indeed. Can't seem to recall, right off hand, ever hearing that before...

Korea unified is long overdue, in my view. A relic of a cold war era better left behind. Not forgotten, mind you...but left behind.

Given the "gettoitivness" of the Korean work a day citizen, I should think that unification here, would go much more smoothly than Germany's did, or is.

This incident will, if given a chance to by both sides, blow over like they all have...here's praying for common sense to break out, rather than war.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join