It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks reveals the truth in massive info dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

WikiLeaks reveals the truth in massive info dump

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — A cache of a quarter-million confidential American diplomatic cables, most of them from the past three years, provides an unprecedented look at backroom bargaining by embassies around the world, brutally candid views of foreign leaders and frank assessments of nuclear and terrorist threats.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They finally did it. Now we can see the machinations and lies of the worlds governments. Of course, now we can see why they've been freaking out about this huge amount of disclosure. It is time for these governments to quit ruling in secret. We need more movements like WikiLeaks. Hopefully this will encourage more whistleblowers to come forward.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Weird, i've been going in and out of wikileaks and no sign of the documents yet.

how come all those Journals allready have those before we do??

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They've used different delivery newspapers. just follow the breadcrums on twitter.com... and it'll take you to the US cables P1 of 5 to 7? the papers are releasing a certain amount of the entire thing over the coming few days. Just have to sit back and enjoy the show

edit on 28/11/2010 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
wikileaks.com seems down once again.

CNN.com tells us:

The whistleblower website WikiLeaks said Sunday that it was under cyber attack, preventing it from posting tens of thousands of classified U.S. diplomatic cables, it said via Twitter Sunday.

The site, meanwhile, was experiencing a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack, it said. That's an effort to make a website unavailable to users, normally by flooding it with requests for data.

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 28-11-2010 by Gab1159 because: URL

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger

They finally did it. Now we can see the machinations and lies of the worlds governments. Of course, now we can see why they've been freaking out about this huge amount of disclosure. It is time for these governments to quit ruling in secret. We need more movements like WikiLeaks. Hopefully this will encourage more whistleblowers to come forward.

www.nytimes.com

Has anyone here actually seen the *real* Wikileaks dump, or just the take on the dump by the MSM?

I agree with you on movements/whistleblowers, etc. to come forward to an extent, but still should all be made public due to its potential negative consequences?

I am becoming a bit skeptical of Julian as I have read that he was willing to hold off the dump if the US would give him ample compensation--which makes me think he has the motives of most of the corrupt world he seeks to uncover....follow the money....follow the money...

edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Double post -apologies

edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: computer is too darn slow

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"""It is time for these governments to quit ruling in secret.""

Never going to happen. President Bush jr ruled the Federal Government will not inform the public if radiation levels are too high now for the populace from some accident.

Wikileaks is a distraction from the real things everyone should be concerned about. How is the tiny working population of America going to support +70 million baby boomers now needing Social Security and Medicare...and still support a Federal Government....and still pry Taiwan from China....and still deal with North Korea....try to appease the Saudi's to keep giving us oil for our worthless $$$??

Wikileaks is an orchestrated entity to distract everyone, mainly foreign Governments.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
UPDATE: Wikileak is no more down.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
"""It is time for these governments to quit ruling in secret.""

Wikileaks is a distraction from the real things everyone should be concerned about. How is the tiny working population of America going to support +70 million baby boomers now needing Social Security and Medicare...and still support a Federal Government....and still pry Taiwan from China....and still deal with North Korea....try to appease the Saudi's to keep giving us oil for our worthless $$$??

Wikileaks is an orchestrated entity to distract everyone, mainly foreign Governments.

Well said and I agree. There are far bigger issues at hand and a lot of the Wikileaks circus seemed...well...too scripted in many cases. Yes there is some damage control and even with this weekends big release aside from some foreign bickering and name calling, there doesn't appear to be much bite...so far. That could change and this particular release was touted that it could alter government operations globally, time will tell I suppose.

brill

new topics

top topics

join