It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've changed my mind about "Disinfo Agents"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by controlled chaos

Just who in the hell are these TPTB I keep hearing about. Bohemian grove? Skull and Bones? Masons?
Hollywood elite? Rainbow coalition? Logcabin republicans?

Do they all get together, plan and scheme to social engineer our thoughts, actions and responses? Then activate certain programmed individuals to infiltrate the web, use NLP and make us do what we ordinarily wouldn't do?

yikes.....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's easy to expose a disinfo agent.

1.) Find the most ignorant person on the thread.
2.) Find out who is agreeing with them.
3.) Designate one heads and one tails.
4.) Flip coin, discover disinfo agent.

It's funny because disinfo agents would obviously agree with the dumb people because they further instill their ideas by agreeing with them, and it would be a waste of time to spend tons of time trying to convince someone else with strong convictions. So if they are arguing with you, they aren't a disinfo agent.

Not they they really exist anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
I know an advertising firm which pays people, per post, to push whichever point of view someone wants.

Yeah, its called "social media marketing". I find that reprehensible.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You know ! thats a hard question .

But i dont believe its anyone government tho.But all the information that is put out into the either, that we all collect read and study, to form our opinions,came from someone else's thoughts/ perception/, from a long long time ago,
and has been respun for a looong time.

So, some where back in the day, is when it started .I would have to say during the dark ages,thats when none where allowed to learn to read,yada,yada.unless you where of "noble" blood,

But i would have to say TPTB would be people in major power,with the help from thier minions,example

1st. top of the pile?duno

2nd. all religion,(and their prospective leader) they control most of peoples faith / and take in trillions of currencys from around the world.

3rd. All Power industries,dosent need much elaboration, everyone even Mr. rothschild pays a power bill

4th. All money makers

5th. All media outlets(from news, to schools, to music, to art,to entertainment, ect.ect.)

6th. All food producers

7th.?

8th?

ect.
ect.
I dont really know, but those mentioned above have the most power that can effect countries as a whole, more so than any army.

So i would imagine the leaders of those groups would be incharge to a degree

Minions

dupont
disney
GE
westing house
wallmart
home depot
coke
pepsi
nike
sports teams
college's
movie industry
music industry
yada yada

I am just saying

edit on 29-11-2010 by controlled chaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by burntheships

Remember when this happened...
Internet Users Have Been Defamed By The Anti Defamation League

One persons disinfo is another persons info.

Sounds harsh, but from an ADL Perspective it is info.

What constitutes disinfo depends on which side you are on, thats what the OP is saying.

If infomation if neither true, or untrue.

About posters who are reprehensible, paid to post "misleading info"
They are more than just a screenname, with an agenda.

Like the poeple that were paid by The Army Core of Engineers to post on forums about Katrina.

In a sworn affidavit, Jon Donley, Editor of the online version of New Orleans’ leading newspaper, the Times Picayune, described questionable and possibly illegal behavior by about 20 individuals at the U.S Army Corps of Engineers New Orleans District.

The activity occurred for several years immediately following the Corps of Engineers’ catastrophic levee failures during Katrina. Disguising their identities and using government equipment, the cadre routinely posted misleading and disparaging comments on public forums\ and news stories with a common theme. The group’s apparent goal, said Donley was to “attack people calling for (Corps) accountability, to silence critics and deflect independent review of the Katrina disaster.”
dailycensored.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

agreed but now how is this for a thought....

imagine if you will there is some sentient beings out there observing things on earth & who has means to influence change on earth, wouldn't it be funny if the good people on this planet have nothing to fear simply because they aren't one of the competing 'evils' and that the competing 'evils' will be undone by their own 'evilness'. leaving behind what? us. the good guys

sounds pretty religious but that's not what I'm thinking...

-B.M
edit on 29/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I agree with your train of thought. I too have been called a disinfo agent simply because someone didn't agree with my info, even if it was based on concrete evidence. It's a common word, that is thrown around so much it doesn't seem to have meaning anymore.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
imagine if you will there is some sentient beings out there observing things on earth & who has means to influence change on earth, wouldn't it be funny if the good people on this planet have nothing to fear simply because they aren't one of the competing 'evils' and that the competing 'evils' will be undone by their own 'evilness'. leaving behind what? us. the good guys

I actually think this is happening. The ancients called it "karmic justice".

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
We could actually complete a census, or approximation of disinfo agents just using our own common sense and publicly available data. We can also undertake a "psychological profile" of the disinfo agent in order to better understand the adversary.

ATS FORUMS (from the front page)
Total Posts: 9,917,334
Total Topics: 621,978
Total Members: 209,499

We could exclude dead accounts, accounts that have never posted, etc.
We could exclude accounts that only posted once or twice because one or two posts, I think, would be insufficient data to conclude if that account was created for disinfo.
We could exclude habitual ad hominem trolls because all ad hominem trolls are simply disrupters, noise makers, possibly agents provacateur, but don't act as disinfo agents.

Realistically, how many ATS members could be "paid to post" here?

We could exclude the professional or hobbyist debunkers who are genuinely a part of the ATS community and offer an excellent balance to way-way-way-out-there stuff that is baseless and undefendable.

So, I'm trying to get at a figure for actual, paid to post, government sponsored, propaganda tools. Any guesses?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well I have always been sceptical about the presence of disinfo agents on ATS .
Seriously who needs disinfo agents when some people think that holograms were used on 9-11 ?
I have pointed out in the past the flaws in the arguments put forward by the anti establishment crowd the only difference is that nobody was listening .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yes, majority of ATS are disinfo agents... Whenever Phage shares an insightful post it is burried beneath massive disinfo propaganda from paid agents. He gives us a 3-liner with useful .edu links totally destroying the disinfo campaign provided in original post and the disinfo agents flock like vultures callin him names and posting useless garbrage.

Well....either that, or most posters are just idiots

Really though, some posts I see on ATS make me believe no one would in the right mind seriosuly think what they write but they do, on forums at least. Hence the idea of "disinfo agent", when you can't comprehend something you try to make it look logical in your twisted mind refusing to accept the simple fact that you truly don't understand much.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well I have always been sceptical about the presence of disinfo agents on ATS .
Seriously who needs disinfo agents when some people think that holograms were used on 9-11 ?
I have pointed out in the past the flaws in the arguments put forward by the anti establishment crowd the only difference is that nobody was listening .

Cheers xpert11.

Exactly. People who aren't completely intoxicated with their own ludicrous beliefs do the fine job of dismissing those that are. No need for disinfo agents for most topics and honestly I doubt there is much of a need for them at all. Most people won't change their minds despite any evidence to the contrary (if they even realize what evidence is), so it is hard to fathom why there would be a huge demand for such agents anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

A common tactic employed by politicians and leaders is "the invention of conspiracy theories and the deliberate use of disinformation and misinformation to smear other parties, religions, ethnicities, groups etc. that are opposed to them, and/or to glorify themselves", which is the meaning of propaganda correct?

Due to the nature of propaganda, when prevented with evidence that can dispute, debunk and/or disprove, (i will establish that they mean different things, "to dispute is to challenge a proposed fact", "to debunk is to present evidence which proves that the proposed fact is impossible", "to disprove is to dispute/debunk evidence in favour of the theory, showing that the evidence is meaningless and invalid", 3 terms that usually get mixed up) the propaganda, rather than actually countering the evidence, they resort to calling them names, and the followers will simply reject the evidence, regardless of it's content, therefore closing their minds.

Which was a tactic used by the CIA in the 50s to 1991 (cold war) to challenge many proposed theories, Operation Seahorse, Operation Paper clip, MK-ULTRA, Operation Cyclone etc. Many other authorities use these tactics, and i can see these patterns in ATS used by many people, it has the effect of retpeating itself in believers (many people on ats), so when any theory is challenged it can easily be countered.

In simple, most of the people who call others Disinformation Agents etc., do not realize that they themselves are using and have been influenced by the effects of Disinformation. I agree totally with your points.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Honestly for one to claim there is a grand conspiracy that captures all those groups, and says they are working together, is absolute bull*.

I reckon it's many groups, some unaware of other, some even against one another responsible, it is just easy to create an invisible enemy out of a group that has not been announced by those claimed to be part of it, and then bend that torwards your own agenda, for example, the illuminati, because of the simplicity, and the lack of the need to explain the complex layers of a conspiracy involving many unconnected groups, which is obvious to everybody exists.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarrasmentJonny

A common tactic employed by politicians and leaders is "the invention of conspiracy theories and the deliberate use of disinformation and misinformation to smear other parties, religions, ethnicities, groups etc. that are opposed to them, and/or to glorify themselves", which is the meaning of propaganda correct?

Im well aware that quite a number of "conspiracy theories" are actually smear&slander campaigns, ridden by a specific plan and agenda.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And, they are ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join