It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've changed my mind about "Disinfo Agents"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
Dis-info agents are real.

Nobody is saying they arent. But they are not nearly as common as the word is used here. And having an agenda does not always mean someone is a disinfo-agent. They just have an agenda different than yours.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yet another excellent thread, Skyfloating.
I fully agree with you. That's all I have to say .... and it says it all ... but I'm typing some more just so I don't get a one line warning.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

I checked out the Pyramid thread - the people said the link doesnt work because it didnt work, not because they are disinfo agents.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Actually they worked for everyone that time when the debate was there. I know, because some ATSer written some articles from those on that day.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
...some of the anti-PTB agendas are anti-PTB because they want to be PTB themselves

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7659d2f19be.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been called plenty of bad things in my time here at ATS but, disinfo agent isn't one of them.

What am I doing wrong?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Sentinel.

I have watched your discussion style for a few threads now...ultimately, you become nuclear defensive the moment someone challenges your view or stand on anything. You then start winging insults, and ultimately the conversation becomes quickly spiraled into a pit of disinteresting namecalling.

The pyramid space ship thread is no exception. You did occasionally offer some interesting posts, but calling other people liars, disinfo agents, etc etc etc, only weakened everything you wrote about alll together. Are you stating such things because you want to make other people aware, or because you need to believe they are?

There is a really interesting demonstration on what wins and loses the heart of a battle.
David Icke is known as sort of the fringe loopie loon of conspiracy theorists...his ideas are pretty out there.
When he first "changed" from a fairly reasonable reporter to a full fledged conspiracy theorists, he went on a talk show...talking about reptilians, breathlessly talking about all sorts of nutty stuff and getting visibly shook up (well, as much as a proper british man can get shook up).

it was absolutely humiliating for him.

Many years later, he was invited back on the show...obviously for yet another round of humiliation...well, here is that clip...its worth the watch:

Composure wins an argument all the time
Before this second interview, Wogan was called a disinfo agent. Icke was called a disinfo agent, etc...after this video came out..it made you put things in perspective

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, look at this pragmatically: disinfo agents are just people with a job like the rest of us. If any ARE here, I imagine they could possibly just be surfing the net like the rest of us, eh?

No, I'm partially kidding.

Seriously though, this site might be watched on occasion just for grins and giggles by some shadowy agency, but it is basically just another internet opinion board with most of the 'news' rehashed from other sources anyway. And our 474,863 or so Aliens, anti-Christs, Christs, Angels, messengers from God, messengers from Satan, Satan, God and Unleashed68 every few months make it kind of hard for this site to gain real world credibility. My opinion, anyhow.

Another good thread as always, Skyfloating.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The ptb have already won. William cooper said it best, they have won as the people have no idea what they are going up against. How can you take the ptb on, without knowing what they have at there disposal.

The ptb have already won.

Andrew,
There are more of us then there are of them,
you are quite capable of taking are of yourself without any assistance from any agency or government.
Giving up in your mind, surrenders your heart.
You and I are the powers that be Andrew, all you have to do is get the blinders off of the rest of the flock, and look out.
edit on 28-11-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Explanation: At the risk [its that obvious] of sounding like a eugenics freak [wait for the goodwins law to be invoked sometime soon!]...

Originally posted by Sentinel412

You know I wouldn't call people as disinfo agents IF they wouldn't act on that way.

What if they arent disinfo-agents but just idiots?

... Then they wouldn't be HUMAN! They would be Monsters! Seriously! Here is Why!...

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Article 1.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Now who here is going to argue that idiots are endowed with reason and conscience???

Personal Disclosure: There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade... within the T&C's of course!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Remember when this happened...
Internet Users Have Been Defamed By The Anti Defamation League

One persons disinfo is another persons info.

Sounds harsh, but from an ADL Perspective it is info.

What constitutes disinfo depends on which side you are on, thats what the OP is saying.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

What constitutes disinfo depends on which side you are on, thats what the OP is saying.

Or maybe you are the Mod that drew the short straw and thus had to post a thread to quell the idea that ATS is rampant with alphabet agencies trying to derail the truth...

Can't blame me..It IS a conspracy site..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

People generally do not like facts mixed in with their delusions.

That's the crux of the matter right there. I recall someone passing a remark and asking exactly why I was on this website 3 or 4 days after I'd joined, just because I'd posted comments in a few threads 'debunking' those daft New York balloon 'sightings'. It's an easy comeback for someone who doesn't want to argue the facts and evidence to call you a 'shill' or disinfo agent. It's childish and serves to do little but derail the actual discussion taking place. In my humble opinion, those accusations should be treated the same as a personal insult by the moderators and the post deleted.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Haha, I think that kind of attitude comes from a disinfo agent.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I agree with you
and you have explained it well. When you have proven your argument by showing credible facts such as using science and given excellent sources, and it is the same posters who has posted against you in every thread that you have posted in. I go through this in every 911 thread that I have posted in and it is always the same people, some who have been posting for years and mostly in the 911 threads. Some of these people deny every single fact you present to them and it doesn’t matter how credible or where the source comes from, they will always deny them. When these posters are done ridiculing and insulting you, they have accomplished their goal of railroading the thread topic, one of their main accomplishments.

When science is used as a proven fact by credible people, and the debunker rejects it without showing any credible source or facts and grants himself authority of the topic in question by asserting he is an expert, or as some have said a scientist and then “only” gives his opinions to why he is right and how everyone is ignorant, then I have to question the debunkers motives. This is not about how ignorant the poster is, when clear undisputable evidence has been shown to him and then he insults you’re intelligent with his ridiculous nonsense by given only his opinion.
Another trait that is a fact about disinformationist, they don’t like answering your questions they avoid anything to credible to begin with, in fact they only ask you ridiculous question that he knows cannot be answered.

I am convince we have many groups working for different dissinfo camps, and I believe one of their main goals is to appeal to you on an emotional level in hoping you will break ATS rules so you end up Banned.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You dont have to work for a goverment agency to spread disinformation. Some people are not even aware of what they are doing, they see something that is interesting to them on the web and post it here, then get torn to pieces for posting "disinfo".
Or some people just really beleive in something and try to pursuede others by showing them their point of veiw, even though the majority of people agree it is wrong. and then get attacked for posting "propaganda".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I've completely changed my mind. A part of the reason why I have changed my mind is because I have been called shill, disinfo-agent, agent provocateur and whatnot so many times that meanwhile its just a childish deflection to me. Another reason is that Ive noticed how its almost always applied to someone who disagrees with another. The person calling "disinfo agent" will almost never suspect that of person that agrees with them.

Well, finally....welcome to the club

Ive been called those names for years now, and Im finally glad a mod has realised that most of the arguments are based on childish retorts, when the accusers argument is smashed to pieces.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Well, finally....welcome to the club

It took a few years

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yet another excellent thread, Skyfloating.
I fully agree with you. That's all I have to say .... and it says it all ... but I'm typing some more just so I don't get a one line warning.

Well thank you so much Flyers Fan. Id never suspect people like you of being disinfo...which means you probably are!

j/k

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Great post.

Its all a movie , to keep the masses from assembling in MASS.

If we think one way ,then TPTB give us someone(the insider/professional/whatever) who thinks like we do,(David icke,Richard c hoagland,jhon leer,william cooper,allex jones,phill scnider,david willcock ,project camolot,ect ect ect

They all, in one way or another, have been give disinfo. TPTB control it all ,so unless anyone actually discovers their own information,that none else has ever ever seen(you dig up the info from a archaeological dig ) all info we get is second hand info from someone else(your source/TPTB)/ or some form of medium ,from schools to the MSM.

All of it controls our opinion .example( if you in your life have never ever thought of a purple elephant in a pink tu tu ,)
guess what? you just now have had that thought , permanently embeded in your brain by me just now !

See it is that easy

I am just saying

All the info we get no matter the source unless found by only you,all our thoughts and perceptions are from everyone else .

No thought is your own,some other thought that has been floating around since man has started to think,
so unless you are several million years old ,your thoughts and my thoughts and the TPTB thoughts are not our own cant be .

Everyone that exists today ,has had all their thoughts controlled by someone or something else,
because, none just all of a sudden popped into this world, we all where raised by someone for some period of time,the effected our perception

thats all I am saying

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I know an advertising firm which pays people, per post, to push whichever point of view someone wants. It's hidden away as a component of interactive advertising. For the firm I know of, it's their fastest growing area, and has prevented them going under during a time of spending cut-backs.

I also know people who accept this money, and think it's a clever way to make a living at their computer.

And we all know about Megaphone.

Truth is not an issue for the real disinfo agents. Money or loyalty dictate that one view be pushed and all others be quashed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join