It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fortifies Its Arsenal With the Aid of North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com

Iran obtained 19 of the missiles from North Korea, according to a cable dated Feb. 24 of this year. The cable is a detailed, highly classified account of a meeting between top Russian officials and an American delegation led by Vann H. Van Diepen, an official with the State Department’s nonproliferation division who, as a national intelligence officer several years ago, played a crucial role in the 2007 assessment of Iran’s nuclear capacity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I find this very disconcerting in light of what is going on between North and South Korea.

The mind boggles when you consider the ramifications of this, along with the allegations that North Korea sank a South Korean sub . . .

I'm not a big tin foil hat kinda guy, but I'm starting to sniff a bit of a rat thing here with the US and other countries looking to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Call me nuts, something ain't right here

www.nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Iran is sooo getting bombed....These leaks are the "green light" for Israel to go ahead and bomb Iran and thats gonna happen very soon....plus if North Korean sold those missiles to Iran then they probably have a whole bunch of them stocked up somewhere....or all fo this could just be BS and nothing but an "excuse" for Israel to do what its been wanting to do for so long....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

www.nytimes.com

Iran obtained 19 of the missiles from North Korea, according to a cable dated Feb. 24 of this year. The cable is a detailed, highly classified account of a meeting between top Russian officials and an American delegation led by Vann H. Van Diepen, an official with the State Department’s nonproliferation division who, as a national intelligence officer several years ago, played a crucial role in the 2007 assessment of Iran’s nuclear capacity.

was this a wiki-leak cable that was just released? If so, then in my mind wiki-leaks is for sure a CIA front to release "information" to justify attacking Iran.

We all knew Iran was next and that it was inevitably coming to a head. Conveniently surrounded by Iraq and Afghanistan from US occupations. I didn't realize they would try such an interesting approach to indirectly influence people into believing Iran needs to be preemptively attacked, just like Iraq was preemptively attacked.

The agenda is predictable the methods, not so much.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yes, the OP's linked article clearly indicates that the info. is from a (wikileaks) cable.

Not looking good for NK or Iran, if said info. is true.
edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
19 missiles? Is that all? Iran has acquired more weapons from the US than it ever did from North Korea.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So the Wikileaks release contains information that helps justify the next war. SURPRISE SURPRISE... This is all just warmongering propaganda. I am surprised that people are falling for it. A few little bits of slightly embarrasing documents help to give the propaganda hidden in with them credibility. Garbage... not to be trusted.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm wondering how all these other nations (like Paraguay for example) are feeling about the U.S. basically admitting they are hacking into their government's leaders and military officials communications?

This is happening in many of these #cablegate documents. This is going to piss off a LOT of government against the U.S. They will stop cooperating with the U.S.'s "Global War on Terror".
edit on 28-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Then again all of our intelligence agencies said IRaq had Weapons of Mass Destruction.

They didn't have squat.

Iran has no Navy. They have no Air Force. They can't even take their own crude oil and make gasoline.

We have the Patriot, Arrow, Phalanx, THAAD, AEGIS, and Direct Energy missile defense systems protecting Israel right now.

Not even God himself could launch anything at Israel. So Iran is a threat to who??? The only reason we want to take out Iran is because they are a fuel source for China.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okay, I think people are starting to loose touch with reality here on ATS.

We now think WL is a front to justify attacking Iran and NK? So how about the potential damage of all the other info?

They didn't need to go to all of this effort to attack either. And they'd still need the support to do it. And they'd need to have every other government and named official on board and able to accept such public exposure.
And, what, they threw in the "inappropriate actions by a Royal" just for fun I suppose?

There is a point at which reasonable paranoia becomes ridiculous.
You people really scare me sometimes. Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Okay, I think people are starting to loose touch with reality here on ATS.

We now think WL is a front to justify attacking Iran and NK? So how about the potential damage of all the other info?

They didn't need to go to all of this effort to attack either. And they'd still need the support to do it. And they'd need to have every other government and named official on board and able to accept such public exposure.
And, what, they threw in the "inappropriate actions by a Royal" just for fun I suppose?

There is a point at which reasonable paranoia becomes ridiculous.
You people really scare me sometimes. Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The thing that people should find of interest here is that now that they are under threat, Russia is quickly turning on Iran.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I'm wondering how all these other nations (like Paraguay for example) are feeling about the U.S. basically admitting they are hacking into their government's leaders and military officials communications?

This is happening in many of these #cablegate documents. This is going to piss off a LOT of government against the U.S. They will stop cooperating with the U.S.'s "Global War on Terror".
edit on 28-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I imagine Paraguay feels the same way the US and all nations feel about other countries' spying on them.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

top topics

join