It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - US Cables now out in Guardian! (LINK HERE!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Wikileaks - US Cables now out in Guardian! (LINK HERE!)

www.guardian.co.uk

Secret US embassy cables taken from a cache of 250,000 cables leaked to the Guardian by whistleblowers' website WikiLeaks

Interactive, 28 Nov 2010:

Use our interactive guide to discover what has been revealed in the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables. Find stories and original documents by country, subject or people
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is what we have waited! Out now!

US embassy cables: browse the database

Use our interactive guide to discover what has been revealed in the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables. Mouse over the map below to find stories and original documents by country, subject or people

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow, there is some crazy stuff in here.

Rogue shipments of enriched uranium? Arctic sea incident?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
This is what we have waited! Out now!

FANTASTIC

250,000?

I think I will wait some more till someone finds any good one

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Exactly what i was thinking lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Without progress in the next few months, we risk nuclear proliferation in the Middle East, war prompted by an Israeli strike, or both

That caught my eye...

full document here: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

oh I like these... seems Iran's neighbors wanna wipe em out too

US embassy cables: Saudi king urges US strike on Iran
US embassy cables: Emirati crown prince broaches invasion of Iran

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hm, most of these cables seem to be "Iran is bad". Or perhaps that is all that Guardian intends to tell people about.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
war prompted by an Israeli strike,

Well Israel has been itching to do that for some time.

If I were conspiracy minded, I 'MIGHT' think, just looking at the titles, that these were leaked to make us want to Nuke Iran... Good thing I know our government would never pull dirty tricks

Hmmmm I will lurk and see what gets dug up
edit on 28-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
waiting to Macedonia files about conflict in 2001
nothing yet though

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Agreed.

Either wikilinks is cointelpro else guardian is simply spreading propaganda.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Already covered in my thread started a few minutes before this one here:

Wikileaks #CableGate Data now available, access it HERE.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I tend to think it's both. The problem with Wikileaks around here is people hero worship Assange without any thought. They really believe him when he proclaims it is all about the truth-Well, the truth according to who? None of what I am seeing is remotely new. If you read the paper or watch more than MSM cable channels, you know this stuff. As for allies spying on each other-well whoopdiedoo. They know what is going on and they don't need wikileaks to tell them.

The Iraq file release destroyed the pro-Iranian government forming in Iraq.
The Afghanistan file release painted Pakistan as in league with the Taliban/Al Qaeda.

Where did these ideas come up before? Hillary Clinton, CFR white papers, etc. I think this is intended to start a conflict with Iran and push China away from the U.S.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I was with you until the last sentence. Why exactly would the U.S. want to distance their selves from China? Aren't we still interdependent? It seems to be a very schizo-like relationship we have with China. We're freinemies?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by antonia

I was with you until the last sentence. Why exactly would the U.S. want to distance their selves from China? Aren't we still interdependent? It seems to be a very schizo-like relationship we have with China. We're freinemies?

www.theatlantic.com...

Read this. I've also seen many other articles from military brass stating China is the only threat to the U.S. I don't think they want open war with China. I think it's an attempt to weaken them. Remember, China is growing as a nation, using more oil than ever. This will lead to conflict with the U.S. as we want that oil too.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I think I will wait some more till someone finds any good one

This just in - Red Mercury is Real (according to the defector docs):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46900be1b25f.jpg[/atsimg]

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 28-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by antonia

www.theatlantic.com...

Read this. I've also seen many other articles from military brass stating China is the only threat to the U.S. I don't think they want open war with China. I think it's an attempt to weaken them. Remember, China is growing as a nation, using more oil than ever. This will lead to conflict with the U.S. as we want that oil too.

Thanks for that link!

Yeah, I agree. China is the only real threat. There has been a lot of proxy wars going on with China & Russia for decades now. Actually NK & Iran are perfect examples. Iran is about the petrodolar & securing the oil fields for our needs. Korea seems to be just about having a military presence right next to China for strategical maneuverability.

I've had a good laugh at the linear thinkers over the years that keep saying China doesn't pose a real threat now and they won't until at least mid-century. In my mind the confrontation will lead to world war for resources, namely oil, within the decade. I'm not sure we'll make it through that in one piece.

I think what we're going to see is an increase in resource wars, then a collapse of civilization as the climate continues to increasingly fluctuate. Hey, at least we're living in interesting times!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am still just reading this interesting new tons of material.... Have to say at this point - US is screwed, how can partners of USA ever count on their secrecy, or is the information in media soon as next week again?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So far i see nothing but low level cables.
A have only found ones labeled secret. no top secret.
Plus the CIA has there own codes and send there's after its double encrypted first in the CIA code then in state department code. and that is only if state only allows anything sent must go through embassy cables.
The CIA had there own communications systems in countries like China or Russia.

The CIA never trusted the state department with any secrets and never just relied on state to protect anything.

I Suspect very few real secrets to be in these diplomatic cables.

In some countries the US ambassadors did not even trust the state department communications system and would send really top secret material by the CIA system.
The embassy in Russia was one of the ones that even the ambassadors did not trust do to all the bugs built into the building by the Russians. After the embassy there was built the CIA brought in there own crew and built a CIA communications room with sound and electrical proofing inside the embassy.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I Suspect very few real secrets to be in these diplomatic cables.
In some countries the US ambassadors did not even trust the state department communications system and would send really top secret material by the CIA system.

I suspect your right. I will hold to my belief (for now
) that these 'leaks' were deliberate. Look at the fuss Gary McKinnon created with just looking at unsecured NASA computers and getting nothing.

Something smells really bad about this 'leak' Not meaning that wikileaks is to blame, but the source.

As to communication systems.. these came from SiPRNET

The Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) is "a system of interconnected computer networks used by the United States Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified SECRET) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a 'completely secure' environment".[1] It also provides services such as hypertext document access and electronic mail. As such, SIPRNet is the DoD’s classified version of the civilian Internet.

en.wikipedia.org...

So I do not see why anyone would expect any TOP SECRET stuff from there

There is alos the lower NiPRNET

The Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) is used to exchange sensitive but unclassified information between "internal" users as well as providing users access to the Internet. NIPRNet is composed of Internet Protocol routers owned by the United States Department of Defense (DOD). It was created by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to supersede the earlier MILNET. NIPRNet is, by design, a parallel airgapped analogue to the SIPRNet, providing seamless interoperability for unclassified combat support applications, as well as providing a gateway to the public Internet. While the two networks are not intended to logically intersect, occasionally it is seen as necessary to tunnel the encrypted SIPRNet over NIPRNet (SIPR over NIPR). SIPRNet and NIPRNet are referred to colloquially as sipper-net and nipper-net (or simply sipper and nipper), respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

But the top secret stuff goes by JWICS

The Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS pronounced JAYwicks), is a system of interconnected computer networks used by the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of State to transmit classified information by packet switching over TCP/IP in a secure environment. It is cleared up to Top Secret and SCI. It also provides services such as hypertext documents and electronic mail. In other words, the JWICS is the DoD’s Top Secret version of the Internet together with its Secret counterpart, SIPRNet. JWICS superseded the earlier DSNET2 and DSNET3, the Top Secret and SCI levels of the Defense Data Network based on ARPANET technology.[1][2] In day-to-day usage, the JWICS is used primarily within the intelligence community, with SIPRNet and NIPRNet comprising the overwhelming bulk of usage within US DoD. JWICS was allegedly one of the networks accessed by Bradley Manning, who is accused of leaking the video used in Wikileaks' Collateral murder. [3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Curious that Manning line wasn't there last time I looked

SiPRNET portal (just because I like pinging cool .mil sites from ATS

nic.mil...

JWICS Portal
www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil...

Hey it's okay they don't bite for knocking on the door

But it will give them some busy work sorting us all out

So what if all these 'leak's are deliberate to make us get 'annoyed' enough that we will allow us to Nuke Iran?

My bad... too many conspiracies I guess

top topics

<<   2 >>

join