It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks #CableGate Data now available, access it HERE.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

Wikileaks

Ohh there is more Currently released so far... 243 / 251,287

lol they will release the 251.287 file in 25 years from now at that speed

And still nothing from Bush nothing from 1990 to 2004 whats up whit that
edit on 29-11-2010 by knowneedtoknow because: forgot Source

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
The more Wikileaks I hear about I keep thinking major disinfo campaign. This will be a good way to start internet censorship for the .gov and IMO is primarily some sort of data mining experiment as well. Will end up good for the .gov no matter what is my guess. Nothing so far has moved the needle.

I have to agree ... this feels more like the bottom card being removed from the tower of cards known as the internet..

Not long now before the whole things tumbles down

I wouldn't be surprised if the "insurance file" was some kind of tracker file that once opened had a simple message saying "Please remain where you are the authorities will be with you shortly"

Watching with interest and a pinch of salt..

bB

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I agree that the apparent need to collect biometrics on world leaders is puzzling. Someone should start at thread on just this issue. Why does the US feel the need to collect that information? How on earth could they use that info, and for what?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Revelation 13:16-18

Something to think about.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Too bad none of this information sheds light on UFOs. There could have been a very real opportunity disclosing the truth once and for all.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It be interesting to see what they really have to say about Canada like if there is any classified documents floating about. But I am not really sure there would really be much right now. Probably a bit later.

However I really do wonder what the documents say about North Korea and Kim Jong Il.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i had the oppurtunity of speaking on C-span's Washington Journal this morning regarding wikileaks ability to "hurt U.S. diplomacy"..."Let's hear from Matthew William(s) in Doylestown PA" "Matthew william(s), do you feel wikileaks release will hurt US diplo...macy?" ME " Do you mean will wikileaks release expose our diplomats as what they legitimately are? spies? by now we've all read how Hillary Clinton asked our spies, excuse me our diplomats to secretly obtain credit card numbers, frequent flier numbers,passwords and even DNA and iris scans of our foreign counterparts. the headlines this morning are almost comical, i laughed out loud when i read today that in an effort to thin the population in Guantanamo Bay we told Slovania 'if you want to meet with president Obama, you'll take a prisoner from GBay' REALLY!!? (laughter!!!) very quickly i'd also like to mention the blatent display of corruption which was exposed in both the Afghan Government, as well as our own Drug Enforcement Agency, our DEA agents discovered that the vice president of Afghanistan was carrying $52 million in cash at the United Arab Emirates, and looked the other way. He was allowed to keep this money without having to answer any questions when obviously this money was dirty, and obviously illegally taken out of Afghanistan. lastly, a few key figures are now pushing for wikileaks to be labeled an "overseas terrorist organization" define terrorist, a radical who employs terror as a political weapon. this definition fits bin-laden, not Julian Assange. If the media got their hands on these cables before wikileaks did, they would have done the same thing, released it to the public. julian assange is a hero. as was Daniel Ellsberg. ( and this is where they cut me off)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I've tried the actual site but all I can get is About Wikileaks 1 out of 5 attempts.

The other 4/5 time out, if I try any of the links they time out too.

Word on the street has it that the Wikileaks nodes were under DDoS attack. I haven't seen anything in the usual places (such as the Outages list) about it, but that just means that no one in a position to talk about it is doing so. For what it's worth I haven't seen signs of network degredation on any of the networks I monitor.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Highly suspicious about this...alternatively...if this is absolute fact nothing deeper non-propaganda, then I am totally impressed with the world I live in and will never again feel things are out of my control...way to go world...but ya...its almost a self realization of childlike ignorance to think this is it...

For a very long time, fifth column operations have been the stuff of spy novels. Shadowy groups operating outside of the law and sanction were a romantic notion unless one were keyed into certain subcultures. Hacker groups have always fallen into this category, only now they are beginning to really organize. The Internet now makes fifth column group not only plausible, but a workable model of non-combat conflict.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wikileaks really needs to put a timestamp on each document they put out. its difficult to pin point the newer leaks when there's no notification as to which have just released.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, this leak is more informative than the last, some interesting tidbits (Yemen bombings and Diplomat spying), but really nothing ground breaking. Wikileaks must reveal something of true value, otherwise they will end up being more harmful than good. If govenments use wikileaks as a excuse to for control of the internet, then it was an aweful idea. My advice, don't leak any more, unless the information is very important.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattydubb
i had the oppurtunity of speaking on C-span's Washington Journal this morning regarding wikileaks ability to "hurt U.S. diplomacy"..."Let's hear from Matthew William(s) in Doylestown PA" "Matthew william(s), do you feel wikileaks release will hurt US diplo...macy?" ME " Do you mean will wikileaks release expose our diplomats as what they legitimately are? spies? by now we've all read how Hillary Clinton asked our spies, excuse me our diplomats to secretly obtain credit card numbers, frequent flier numbers,passwords and even DNA and iris scans of our foreign counterparts. the headlines this morning are almost comical, i laughed out loud when i read today that in an effort to thin the population in Guantanamo Bay we told Slovania 'if you want to meet with president Obama, you'll take a prisoner from GBay' REALLY!!? (laughter!!!) very quickly i'd also like to mention the blatent display of corruption which was exposed in both the Afghan Government, as well as our own Drug Enforcement Agency, our DEA agents discovered that the vice president of Afghanistan was carrying $52 million in cash at the United Arab Emirates, and looked the other way. He was allowed to keep this money without having to answer any questions when obviously this money was dirty, and obviously illegally taken out of Afghanistan. lastly, a few key figures are now pushing for wikileaks to be labeled an "overseas terrorist organization" define terrorist, a radical who employs terror as a political weapon. this definition fits bin-laden, not Julian Assange. If the media got their hands on these cables before wikileaks did, they would have done the same thing, released it to the public. julian assange is a hero. as was Daniel Ellsberg. ( and this is where they cut me off)

well yeah you wouldn't let him speak.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Seems the middle east is glad Obama is in office...SA finds him a calming presence...

4. (S) THE WORLD NEEDS OBAMA: Brennan said President Obama looked forward to seeing the King at the G-20 summit in London. "Thank God for bringing Obama to the presidency," the King answered, which has created "great hope" in the Muslim world. "May God grant him strength and patience, Abdullah continued, "May God protect him. I'm concerned about his personal safety. America and the world need such a president."

I think conservatives may want to skip over that part.

Actually, both sides mostly agree that Obama is a rockstar overseas anyhow..meh

add: Reading more of that cable:
Wow...Saudi Arabia really...really...REALLY doesn't like Iran...and the feeling is mutual. lol...its amazingly horrible how they talk about and to each other...I am actually quite suprised they havent started bombing each other.

Seems there is some bad blood between persians and arabs...they trust each other about as much as cats and mice trust each other.
edit on 28-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Actually we conservatives find this very interesting. The fact that our enemies love our president is a little scary.

And as far as Obama being a rockstar out of country. Well, that faded a long time ago. Most other countries are talking about him like he is a moran now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

US embassy cables: Washington requests biometric information for African leaders

NOw this is interesting, WTF?

Biometric information refers to morphological features that can be used to help authenticate a person to an identity. It refers to things like fingerprints, patterns of blood vessels in the retina, high resolution photographs of the iris with the pupil at a certain diameter, or patterns of blood vessels in the hand. If they were feeling ambitious they might also try to device a way of snapshotting the electrical conduction patterns of the hands (which are tested by more modern handscanners).

Biometric information could be used to verify someone's identity (as in, "Is this REALLY the ambassador I was sent to meet with?"). It might also be part of an effort to get their hands on what are potentially authentication tokens to gain access to restricted areas or data systems. Usually one sees retina- and iris-print scanners and/or handscanners outside of restricted areas (SECRET and above). Fingerprint scanners are used more often to authenticate to workstations or laptops (sometimes with a smartcard, sometimes not).

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by ommadawn

Now, the big question - how do we know that ANY of these documents are the real thing?

OH goodie, so now we question their authenticity because they are not saying what we want to hear.

Wikileaks has a team of volunteers who are experts in certain subject matter areas who vet documents before they're considered for release. They get a fantastic amount of crap that they have to sort through (including outright hoaxes). Some are very knowledgable of diplomacy, certain technologies, physical and information security, and classification methodologies. From time to time, people unaffiliated with Wikileaks will contact them to vouch for certain pieces of information that get posted.

It wouldn't surprise me if friends-of-friends-of-friends sometimes are contacted for their input on certain documents.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
To the guys questioning the use of biometric information gained by covert operations against the UN:
Biometric data is used in a number of applications, amongst those being authentication to computer systems. Considering the context, that's the most likely reason for the US's interest in that information.

Alternatively, the most extreme possibility that comes to mind is checking for susceptibility to common illnesses and ailments. I wouldn't be too worried about that unless Ban Kai-Moon comes down with a bad stomach ache.

The UN needs to become more efficient at ensuring it's own security as an independent panel and needs to work on it's impartiality. I'm sure that setting that goal would help the UN become a much more serious and politically influential organization.

I say security should be applied at the international level, transparency at the national level.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Whatever it is, it seems like black magick to me.

While there are some magickians who are also part of the intelligence community, most of the ones I've met are more concerned with themselves than they are with using their abilities as part of their work. There's a running joke inside the Beltway that you can't go to a Gnostic Mass without running into at least three intel officers.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ukranianmike
Who else cant wait for wikileaks to release some interesting extraterrestrial information.
Hopefully the second amount of documents will be more of an eye popper lol
edit on 28-11-2010 by Ukranianmike because: (no reason given)

I have my doubts that the Wikileaks team is accepting of such things; there have been too many disinformation campaigns and hoaxed documents aimed at the UFO research community over the years. My guess would be that the document vetting members of Wikileaks would bin them rather than consider them candidates for release.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The biometric data from African leaders is by far the most intriguing, yet not the kind of news I was expecting. Geeze these docs suck bad.... so far.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Any extraterrestrial material would be classified as higher than top secret...like...potentially much higher up, so even though I dreamed about it, it would be silly to think anything like that, or supressed technologies, etc...would be in this.

TS/SCI (codeword) at the very least.

Documents classified at that level are very tightly controlled. Only X number of copies are made, and each copy bears a legend to the effect of "Copy x of y." and are counted. If one copy can't be accounted for the panic button (figuratively speaking) gets hit. That information would also kept on hardened and isolated machines in secure facilities (up to and including epoxy in USB ports).

Occasionally someone breaches OPSEC by being lazy, which is why Gary McKinnon went nosing around the unclassified systems first (and only later found classified systems which had no business being hooked up to the Internet). People screw up; it happens.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join