It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks #CableGate Data now available, access it HERE.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I agree.

I've tried the actual site but all I can get is About Wikileaks 1 out of 5 attempts.

The other 4/5 time out, if I try any of the links they time out too.

Busy day for them for sure, but this doesn't help any either.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Nothing??

How about extensive spying and data collecting of UN officials? That's a huge deal already. I don't see how a UN headquarters could continue to exist in its current form or location!

The US has been collecting data on everyone since the NSA started. I would HOPE they would be checking out foreign nationals running UN business on our soil

Embassies acting as spy bases? No really? News to me... errr well James Bond spy movies told us that

Russian Gov. dealling with Russian mob? Hmmm kinda like the CIA and drug lords?

Seems to me the Gaurdian is saying Iran is 'evil' Showing that Iran's neighbors want them nuked, Israel.. well we knew that, but the Saudis and the Emirates... hmmm

US embassy cables: Saudi king urges US strike on Iran
US embassy cables: Emirati crown prince broaches invasion of Iran

If I were conspiracy minded, I 'MIGHT' think, just looking at the titles, that these were leaked to make us want to Nuke Iran... Good thing I know our government would never pull dirty tricks

Hmmmm I will lurk and see what gets dug up

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes, exactly. I mean wasn't there just a thread yesterday that the British govt basically told British MSM outlets that they could not release ANY cables that might threaten British National security (are they called D-notices?). Everyone is reading The Guardian... why in light of the D-notices would anyone expect to find the truly revelatory parts in any MSM story?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaffeineTippedSpear
So..... if they don't comply...?

Do we not have ships off their coast?

Though I do admit I would never have expected the Democrats to be the ones to push that red button

edit on 28-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

US embassy cables: Israel seeks to block US planes for Saudi

The GOI described 2010 as a critical year -- if the Iranians continue to protect and harden their nuclear sites, it will be more difficult to target and damage them. Both sides then discussed the upcoming delivery of GBU-28 bunker busting bombs to Israel, noting that the transfer should be handled quietly to avoid any allegations that the USG is helping Israel prepare for a strike against Iran.

edit on 28-11-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ok, I am calling foul...

unless I am missing something, this seems, if anything, a united world against Iran for being general dicks. I mean, I am a optimist and like to believe in a easy world overall...but even I am thinking what I am reading is a bit on the leaked propaganda side.

I don't believe that the majority of these damning reports will end up being little more than a good case to war against Iran...I mean, dont get me wrong...Iranian government is a bunch of jacktards that need to be sent to the pen...but come on now...

Highly suspicious about this...alternatively...if this is absolute fact nothing deeper non-propaganda, then I am totally impressed with the world I live in and will never again feel things are out of my control...way to go world...but ya...its almost a self realization of childlike ignorance to think this is it...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Is that cablegate data a constantly changing item or not?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum

Yes, exactly. I mean wasn't there just a thread yesterday that the British govt basically told British MSM outlets that they could not release ANY cables that might threaten British National security (are they called D-notices?). Everyone is reading The Guardian... why in light of the D-notices would anyone expect to find the truly revelatory parts in any MSM story?

No, they can't tell them not to release anything with a D notice. A D Notice was issued asking them to pre-inform the PM, but compliance is voluntary. It might be an offer they can't refuse, of course. But the info will leak out. The documents are available. All sorts of organisations with different agendas will be pouring through them.

If there's nothing damning about Israel, I will definitely start to be suspicious.
edit on 28-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hold judgment until we see if we have them all. Media might be picking & choosing.

link   
Plus like many of us said, why where american officials building up these releases?

Gossip, they where afraid of releasing gossip to the public, yep right.

link   
reply to post by CaffeineTippedSpear

Careful... its not "Barack"... like Barack Obama.

But it is Ehud Barak:
here

Saudi Arabia is gunning for Iran because they are the next biggest competitor in the oil resource market.

As someone else pointed out, SA is the biggest funder of terrorism... and yet there are cables claiming that Iran needs to be stopped because of their ties to terrorism... hypocrisy and insanity?

Also, there was a cable I just saw claiming that "Iran is basically a fascist state, we need to do something quick"

Yet, if anyone has more than a week attention span, they will remember that the U.S. recently made a contract to sell around 60 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia...

I would say that the U.S. appears to be more influenced by the fascist ideology than Iran is... but they both have their skeletons.

But we did import a lot of Nazi's... there was some stories on that recently...

Gonna be a long night of checking into these cables.. I wish WL had them up and searchable - I think these News Orgs were only given fractions of the entire database. Earlier estimates were around 2.7 million -- we will see soon enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The Guardian says: "There are some cables the Guardian will not be releasing or reporting owing to the nature of sourcing or subject matter. Our domestic libel laws impose a special burden on British publishers."

The New York Times says it has taken similar precautionary measures and gives this justification for publication of the story.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

The Guardian says: "There are some cables the Guardian will not be releasing or reporting owing to the nature of sourcing or subject matter. Our domestic libel laws impose a special burden on British publishers."

The New York Times says it has taken similar precautionary measures and gives this justification for publication of the story.

Yes that is well worth bearing in mind.

Also, I can only find 58 cables so far. I'm guessing this is the first batch of many?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

LOL, yeah, it's called a D-Notice.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by CaffeineTippedSpear

Careful... its not "Barack"... like Barack Obama.

But it is Ehud Barak:
here

Well spotted!

Saudi Arabia is gunning for Iran because they are the next biggest competitor in the oil resource market.

Wow. Proof that they want war to control oil.
There might be some dots to join here with weapon sales.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OMG,..... they have been eating humans!!!
in the soup....
Haha
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thanks wcitizen for clearing that up for me. I didn't quite fully understand it. I'll be the first to admit I still have tons to learn about most everything I'm reading on ATS.

Though, very correct, it may well be an offer they felt they couldn't refuse. I'm not a big believer in the MSM, so I am still skeptical that they would release any of the cables that are truly damning. Add to that didn't WL only provide the MSM with 250,000 cables as opposed to the entire collection of them? It's possible too that WL played pick and choose with just what cables were disseminated in that manner.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
3 minutes ago

wikileaks tell #c4news there is lots more to come - they have lots more. #cablegate

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

How about extensive spying and data collecting of UN officials?

Well thank god.

AS if other countries don't do the same, it's the UN a filthy cesspool of corruption, I hope they move it.

edit on 013030p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I saw this and thought it might be of interest

Wikileaks changed it's IP address from 91.194.60.32 to 46.51.186.222, and it's back up again. Hosted under Amazon EC2. So it's in the U.S.A.

That one is down now too, it WAS working.
edit on 28-11-2010 by hadriana because: added last line - new IP is down too

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join