It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights vs Authority???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok So we have folks who read alot of political philosophy
interesting hobby.

So famous french philosopher "Swet t. Balzac" asks;

"How can we reconcile the idea of doing no harm to another and maintaining individual rights with the (so called)" necessary" authority to maintain order and protect those rights???"
the floor is yours:
edit on 28-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by 46ACE because: screwed up,.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"Any politician or revolutionary whom promises both liberty and equality are either lunatics or liars."

-I forgot the author

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
interesting hobby.

"How can we reconcile the idea of doing no harm to another and maintaining individual rights with the (so called)" necessary" authority to maintain order and protect those rights???"
the floor is yours:

I addressed this in a thread I created on a theory of how this would work. Symetrical System

The right for you to extend your arm ENDS where my face begins.

Basically your rights are forfeit any time they infringe someone Else's rights. You cannot infringe rights to express rights under any kind of fair system.

The idea of "law-protected" rights is rather conundrum because it usual leads for abuse of rights to protect rights as you have said.

In my theory, the idea is to eliminate Power, Authority, and Control from all aspects of the social structure. With those three things present in the social structure rights are no more then privileges.

For people to eliminate those aspects of society there would need to be a severe psychological revamp of the human thought process. I'm not exactly sure of a sure fire process to accomplish this psychological revamp but I theorize that the "slate" has to be wiped clean so to speak and civilization has to start completely new with its own new foundation. This can't be accomplished without complete and total societal collapse and anarchy (initially).

People don't like to live in a true anarchy type world. We organize and categorize everything from day to day to life long. Eventually after anarchy took place and destroyed old psychological ideals (primitive primal thought processes) new ideals could take place as a new norm. This is the only way one could rid the concepts of Power, Authority, and Control from the social structure and psyche of the people.

I recommend looking at the theory I posted it addresses this issue.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thank you for posting I (Mssr. "balzac") will read your thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

interesting hobby.

the floor is yours:

I addressed this in a thread I created on a theory of how this would work. Symetrical System

Basically your rights are forfeit any time they infringe someone Else's rights. You cannot infringe rights to express rights under any kind of fair system.

The idea of "law-protected" rights is rather conundrum because it usual leads for abuse of rights to protect rights as you have said.

In my theory, the idea is to eliminate Power, Authority, and Control from all aspects of the social structure. With those three things present in the social structure rights are no more then privileges.

For people to eliminate those aspects of society there would need to be a severe psychological revamp of the human thought process. I'm not exactly sure of a sure fire process to accomplish this psychological revamp but I theorize that the "slate" has to be wiped clean so to speak and civilization has to start completely new with its own new foundation. This can't be accomplished without complete and total societal collapse and anarchy (initially).

People don't like to live in a true anarchy type world. We organize and categorize everything from day to day to life long. Eventually after anarchy took place and destroyed old psychological ideals (primitive primal thought processes) new ideals could take place as a new norm. This is the only way one could rid the concepts of Power, Authority, and Control from the social structure and psyche of the people.

I would like to see your system voluntarily/experimentally tried in a test community like todays run down Detroit. 1000 educated and willing volunteers: provided they had the option to leave the community and return too American society at will..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

interesting hobby.

the floor is yours:

I would like to see your system voluntarily/experimentally tried in a test community like todays run down Detroit. 1000 educated and willing volunteers: provided they had the option to leave the community and return too American society at will..

I fear that if it was ran as intended in the run down parts of Detroit there would be no survivors left to benefit from the Anarchy Lesson. However, that is intended. The whole premise of the voluntary system working is based on the complete revamp of the human psyche from primal to intellectual.

As long as people are striving to survive, they will adhere to the primal psyche as we have done since we have existed. Because its run down and more dangerous the "survival mode" is constantly in high gear, making it almost impossible to operate on any other level, at least any that would involve intellectual thoughts/ideals/philosophy ethics and morals.

The human psyche needs to be stripped of old world primal concepts such as control, authority, and power, which are all perceived as necessary on some degree for survival. I'm not sure how it would be possible to strip those thought processes from that demographic as hardened as they are and those power concepts ingrained within their very nature of survival.

again, its all theory it had disclaimers all over it =D

It would be very interesting to see test ran on different demographics though to see which would be more successful at adhering to voluntarily to such a system.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks perhaps "detroit" was a bad example because of the implied violence: I mainly grabbed "Detroit" out of the air because it is an "economic wasteland" and any improvement would be welcome. If we drew a line around it and declared it off limits to the feds TPTB wouldn't object as much.as a thriving tax rich environment. economy.
edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join