It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 3,000 dead for every person killed on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Since school age I have believed that you don't just get even you get ahead. If I get punched in the eye then I don't stop till he has two black eyes. It seemed reasonable and kept others from trying to bully me. I have been a supporter of a strong defense and repay with interest, but I find the ratio of 3000 to 1 dead is completely ridiculous and should stop at once.

war deaths
The war on terror has costs the lives of over 900,000 humans in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The blood of the dead is enough to fill 2 Olympic size swimming pools and have enough left over to fill
many hot tubs. We can bathe in the blood of our enemies!
That estimate isn't including the million severely injured.

According to the Center for Defense Information, the estimated cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will reach $1.08 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2010. That is 3.6 Billion dollars for every single person killed in the 9/11 attacks. And the families weren't properly taken care of!

cost in dollars

Now Obama is sending the war machine to Korea when we are fighting 2 wars already and broke?

About Costs of war on terror.

Iraq

As of Oct 2010
Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion
190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.
Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq - $10 billion
Halliburton Overcharges - $1.4 billion
Amount paid to KBR, a former Halliburton division, to supply U.S. military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing and other items - $20 billion
Not to mention the rest of the global war industrial complex and banker's cuts!

Any wonder we are Broke!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

R.I.P :'(

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
trple post
thats rare
must have been important
edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   
ddblpost
edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   
welcome to planet earth, the biggest killzone and money and arms pit in the universe

say you forgot the US soldiers dead of gulf war syndrome and suicide and homelessness
(not critsizin, just saddly, adding to, your list

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I did think of those but the numbers are only estimates and I'm sure that they are way low. I can only imagine the heartbreak and disillusionment that the suicides felt.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
thanks for the poignent thread...

are you surprised with the Puppet Øbama and his action in office being 180º from the campaign fluff
star4U

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What about the reprisal for the actual implicated terorists, 900,000 for 19? I'm willing to bet that 900,000 people are the civilian count and not actual combatants. I'm sure the death toll is in reality, much, much higher.

Now, those 19 guys may rank as the best terrorists of all-time when you consider how many innocents have died by their actions, IF? anyone could believe that they were that precisely organized. Even if they pulled that off, they had lots of help. Someone high up supplied money and connections. Never any word about that that only exists inside the 'conspiracy' realm, apparently meaning absurd nowadays unless its the feds pointing at you.

So, if 3,000 Americans are worth 3,000 times their enemies, what do our opponents think their fallen are worth to them? It just helps to foment more hatred and revenge. And we help them just enough to string them along, thinking the world is full of violently cruel men, when in fact its full of just a very few. Everyone else is just along for the ride.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's working because we haven't had this type of attack since. I don't care if the number gets up to a million to one.

Muslims want to kill us and must be stopped at any cost.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Were you as fired up about Oklahoma City as you are about 911? The actors in that one were dyed in the wool American patriots, but if you subscribe to that story, then you are wont to consider that not only are we creating muslim terrorists, we are creating American terrorists by sending them to war and allowing them to come home with their disgruntled world views.

You frame your solution as kill them all, yet you characterize absolutely no compassion for those who do the killing. Even if you have been in a war situation before, which I doubt, you fight for your life and your team and your honor. Hate and murder gets you killed. Thinking about Sally Officeworker who died years ago gets you killed too. Why? You have to be focused on whats true and whats not.

War has been blurred in these days. Everyone who is actively engaged can be turned. You could be too if it was worth your time. Sides don't matter when you get what you want.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

900,000 are total deaths including combatants. 1.5 million suffered severe injuries and in that environment and those countries I doubt 1/3 lived. For accuracy I didn't include those numbers.

The point is that this is useless and meaningless deaths. The point could have been made with much less cost and a small fraction of the dead!

To the post that says it is working. Bah. I have a bridge in the desert to sell you. Fishing is great!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Please do not say we come back as american terrorists. I was agreeing with your entire post til you made that ill remark. After two tours in iraq im a husband and a wonderful dad. Ironically, my best friend is ahmed saiid, a muslim iraqi neighbor of mine who watches football with me every sunday. Keep your false judgements to yourself

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Sorry Cart, mis reply. The idiocy and shallow minds being equal says that one group of humans is less than another. I can give a crap what religion someone believes or not. The bottom line is that I am human and I demand respect for that fact and that fact alone. I give the same.

If you want respect as a country then you give it. We as a country used to understand this. Unfortunately corruption has filled the ranks of our leadership to the point that they have no compassion for others in America let alone in foreign countries. They simply sample the polls and compare those with their agenda and set the spin machine to spit out the justification that the public wants to hear regardless of the agenda followed!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Please forgive my simplistic generalizations. The post you were addressing was semi-sarcastic directed towards a different poster.

Of course I don't believe that soldiers come back from war with a newfound bloodlust and a chip on their shoulder. Also, I don't believe that muslims are terrorists in training. Most people are quite peaceful by nature and that includes every nationality, race, and creed. To single out one group as the almighty enemy is pretty much what perpetuates this cycle of war that has been going on for millennia.

Its very sad that new generations are being indoctrinated to believe in hate towards another group because of circumstances that they never signed up for but are affected by. Like your family or friends being killed. It goes both ways.

I know our soldiers are trained to be disciplined and professional. You are an example. But it can't be denied that some are motivated by war and hate. Going out of your way to start * is not the solution. Nor is kill em all, let God sort em out. Yet, there is that element out there too. Eye for an eye only leads to more of the same is my basic point.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

And I respect your opinion I really do. I am very proud to have served and would love to go over for a time. I have my beliefs and you have yours, we may not agree but hell, nobody ever will. Yes many marines are fueled by hate, i am not here. Over there yes, when you are watching your friends die, it makes you an animal, but now I have to play dad because I MYSELF am not at war right now. I have to flip that switch back off. VERY MUCH respect to you

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dfens

lets be fair. I know for a fact that the USMC is trained for a COMBAT environment. NOT POLICE. There is a huge difference. In combat there isn't a need to determine if the enemy is armed with what looks like a weapon or a toy. The enemy isn't going to look for negotiation either. The enemy is trying to kill you for his country! A good marine doesn't die for his country. He makes the other SOB die for HIS country.

Not policing the civilians or hand holding school children across the street. Combat and killing is what the USMC was designed to do. STUPID leaders put warriors into police actions and have the blood on their hands!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Methinks that 95% of those killed were killed by the opposing side. I never did accept the terminology of "collateral casualties."

I think "enemy enablers" would be more accurate.

Here's a thought. War is two sides killing each other until one side gets tired of killing, or one side gets tired of dying.

Apparently, not enough have died.

Yet.

I always thought that if someone came looking for trouble, I never wanted them going away disappointed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I just want to expand on the difference with a personal experience. I being a marine was talking to my brother, a Ca policeman, who told me about his last arrest for drugs.
He responded to a noise complaint ..told the owner to turn the music down for his neighbors sake and if it was loud in an hour...nighttime hours... when he patrols past the house then there will be a problem.
Music went down..till he left.. An hour later it was blasting when he came by and he knocked on the door.
A person answers and he asked for the owner..Owner comes to the door and apologizes. He invites my brother inside to watch him turn the music off. My brother, being too cool, said dont have anything I can see get you in trouble...Owner laughed.. Well right on the sink is a bag of pot. My brother asked why did you leave this here.. next thing is a fight . Brother against 3 ...it goes to the backyard ..one is going for his gun and one runs back inside and the other is boxing. He gets a call of for assistance. Still he has a headlock on one going for his gun and he is 1 arm fighting the 2nd off and kicking .. the third runs out with something in his hands. Brother thought it was a gun and he was done! Nope, A camera.. then backup arrived and all were arrested safely.

I told him that he fked up. Once someone reached for his gun he then uses deadly force. Snap the neck of the one in a headlock. Pull the gun and shoot the fighter and whn the other ran out of the darkened house then shoot him as well. Yea 3 dead for a simple Pot bust in CA but why risk my life for a few high dumb asses? I am a former marine. I kill first.
He was a trained police officer that uses deadly force at last resort. He was awarded for that bust. I would probably have been fired or jailed or at least investigated.
The point is that training and Job assignment is supposed to be considered in job assignments. I applaud the marines that adapt to that environment withoujt specialized training. I would shoot em first on suspicion or observation of suspicious activity!

Marines do combat well. Police do Police work well. Switch roles and you have problems

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Lets see....rounding the number of casualities on 9/11 to 2,900 for ease of multiplication...

3,000 times 2,900 equals 8,700,000.....

So you are saying 8.7 million people have died in the war on terror? I think your math is a wee bit off.

top topics

join