It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hits police car - Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson encounter, August, 1979.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well that makes searching a topic easy.
who knows what page on this site you will find anything

Digging through his and Tesla's publications and all the other topics seems enough to do.
Did they give a shape on this craft.
That seems to be missing since the triangle.
Reports get changes as Lyne said his fathers sighting was perhaps like the oval of
Zamora who reversed his normal looking people to small child like perhaps under
pressure.

In seeing videos of Zamora as the oval takes off his hat is blown away but I would
rather think the hat was forced toward the ship by Tesla force waves.

The bright light is all we see now on youtube and part of the environmental effect
of the Tesla pressure waves on the air that can radiate black light according to
Tesla if his invention is being used. Thus getting too close as Cash and Landrum
can cause harm to humans.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Well that makes searching a topic easy.
who knows what page on this site you will find anything

Certainly an interesting speculative read my friend, particularly about the flying submarines -thanks for the link.

As for Sheriff Johnson and his encounter with an unidentified flying object, Realtvufos has done a great job in sourcing a rare newspaper article about the incident below - the Police Officer states "I don't know what the hell it was" which, to my mind, pretty much sums up the whole UFO subject in general.

“Deputy OK After Close Encounter”,30 August 1979 (The Milwaukee Journal, Wisconsin)

Marshall County (Warren, Minnesota) Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson encountered a small UFO which damaged his car on 27 August 1979

Newspaper Article

Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Another newspaper report describing the Val Johnson case as 'the most dramatic and exciting UFO experience ever reported' - there's also mention of another close range, multiple witness, daylight disc report from Wisconsin in 1979.

Newspaper Article

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I read about this case in a book, and I personally feel that it's overhyped. On the other hand, maybe I'm missing something here.

This might be a strange case, but why does it require an extraterrestrial vehicle to be part of it? What if: Some criminals were doing some illegal activity at night, which involved bright lights and hammers, when a police car shows up. The criminals want to scare people away from what they're doing, so they shine a bright flashlight at the car. The policeman slams on the brakes (which is what MY natural reaction would be), skids, then hits his head against the steering wheel. The bad guys find out that he's still alive but unconscious. Then one of them decides to do some selective vandalism with a sledgehammer and bending antennas, etc., like mentioned in the video. They pack up and leave.

In the book I read, it said that there was no evidence of any excessive heat involved, and nothing in this scenario contradicts anything in this thread's video. (The force acting on the inside of the windshield could just be the windshield popping back into its natural shape after a hammer hit.)

Like I said, maybe there's something about this case that I don't know. If there is, please illuminate me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've read about the case from ufo hunters season 1 that i watched in the past. It is where the car's armor is damaged and the antenna is like 90 degrees curved right?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Yes and the point is made how to actually bend the antenna at that angle requires some serious force and cannot be done by hand, as the inherent elasticity in the antenna makes it all but impossible.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks, karl12, for giving this case an airing. Yet another facinating UFO encounter impossible to write off as 'chinese lanterns' or some such, and shows Mr Klass up somewhat. Interesting that the car has remained in storage ever since, and the windscreen technicians report makes facinating reading......

Wow, mysteryskeptic- if the birds around your way would do that to an armoured police cruiser, I certainly wouldnt ride a motorbike in your district!!!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I think the missing time actually means that at the time of "impact" the watch and car clock stopped. When encounter ended, time pieces started up and by comparing time to maybe his CB radio or fellow officers when they came he was able to determine the lost time. You cant be literal with everything because some details are assumed.

link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I think the missing time actually means that at the time of "impact" the watch and car clock stopped. When encounter ended, time pieces started up and by comparing time to maybe his CB radio or fellow officers when they came he was able to determine the lost time. You cant be literal with everything because some details are assumed.

link   
reply to post by badw0lf

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Thanks, karl12, for giving this case an airing. Yet another facinating UFO encounter impossible to write off as 'chinese lanterns' or some such, and shows Mr Klass up somewhat..

Thunda, thanks for the reply mate and I agree this is certainly a very interesting UFO case
- I think when it comes to Mr Klass's 'debunking' attempts he's shown himself up on quite a few other occasions as well and astronomer Allan Hendry has a few interesting things to say about his 'methods of investigation' in the paragraphs below.

.Hendry objected strongly to Klass's modus operandi, which Hendry argued was based on suppressed and distorted evidence, unscientific reasoning, ad hominem attacks, smear campaigns, character assassination, scientific bait and switch tactics, and seemingly refusing to evaluate evidence that conflicted with his preconceptions.

This is all part of the Klass method of, as Hendry puts it,"using a truncated version of the information available to him and shaping it to his own ends."
There is no way of winning an argument with him because, even when presented with documented evidence of the incorrectness of his position, Klass seldom concedes he is wrong. Instead he holds fiercely to a position even when it is demonstrably at variance with the facts.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
New article about the case mentions 'similar UFO report that came from Vermillion. S.D., two days after Johnson's close encounter was reported'.

Officer suffers after encounter with UFO

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Implying that police officers or pilots, or whomever, must have been 'drunk' when they report seeing something anomalous is pure evil in my mind.

If drunkedness was an issue, they should have been relieved of duty as a matter of course, not after reporting something. It's this kind of subtle threat to a person's welfare and reputation that keeps us from knowing the full extent of whatever it is, and learning from our joint perceived reality.

It's a modern day version of 'she's a witch, I tell you, a witch!!'

If you are unable to fathom things outside your own experience, that's fine. Your brain is limited, as is everyone's. Just don't think that what you know now is the be-all and end-all of human, or other, experience and possibilities.

Gawd, I'm getting sick and tired of closed minded pea brains. Haven't you people held back the human species long enough?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
oh wow, interesting! There are alot of encounters reported by reputable people... it's a shame we've yet to see concrete evidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"no one could of bent the antenna without disturbing the bugs..." ha ha holy crap that's genius cop work.

Not sure what did the damage, but highly doubt anything "odd' seems like a cop had some fun and made up a nice excuse to cover for himself.
Acid was big back then. Only thing i cannot give logical excuse for is the "Welding burns" but that could be added by the director.

This is one of those are you willing to believe or not.
Thanks OP but not my kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

'Not your kind of thing', huh? A sighting with physical trace evidence- what is your thing exactly? You say some very strange things- like 'Acid was big back then'- this was August 1979, not the 1960's, and are you seriously suggesting this cop got wasted on acid and then pretended he had seen a UFO? Ive heard some ridiculous suggestions when trying to debunk UFO cases, but that is stretching it a bit.....

And you say 'a cop had some fun and made up a nice excuse to cover for himself.'- what, by claiming to have collided with a UFO? I cant think of a worse way to try and 'cover' for yourself. As they say in the clip, an officer risks everything by making a claim of a sighting, and Johnson doesnt seem the type to be making up flights of fancy.

Dont see whats so amusing about the deputy pointing out that the antennae was bent, but the bugs stuck to it werent disturbed- it just backs up the case that no-one had grabbed the antennae and bent it.

You are entitled to your opinion, and to believe it or not, but dont try and make it sound like some ridiculous nonsense just because you have made up your mind.....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

It's a tactic that has been used multiple times in the past by TPTB. These pathetic people that try to ruin the lives and careers of pilots, police officers and other members of stature truly are a disgrace and a very sad part of humanity. For these people the tactic is quite simple, if you can't explain what has taken place or find a common scientific solution, then attack the background, ethics, family and credibility of the person that has come forward. It's a commonly used tactic right out of multiple intelligence agencies playbooks and I would *hope* people of intelligence see through this type of method in modern day society.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Very nicely said.

I do believe what I said in my last post fits perfectly my friend.
Pseudo-skeptics are a dime a dozen on this message board and what is highly uncommon are members that can read the evidence and put forward a valid skeptical viewpoint without attacking the persons credibility.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join