It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks starting to smell funny

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

every hacker can be traced with tech methods; cia has list of really powerful hackers; most weakest point of wl-like resource is whistle-blowers, they can be revealed in no Time with internal investigation of gov. depts & so on. yes, we could assume Idea about 3rd Power to maintain wl. but, in fact, wl has issued Nothing to be harmful for pentagon/cia/.. on the contrary, they only have supported official point

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

To me the wikileaks "leak" is being extremely publicized to the point i feel like it was planned. It is being thrown all over the news from local to the global news. now if this was truly something that the govt was afraid of coming to light wouldn't they have stopped the leak from even reaching the news or to wikileaks to being with? because this isn't like the "burn book" that was passed around in the movie mean girls this is TOP SECRET information about our govt and the world leaders. because you can almost guarantee the if an everyday person hacked into the secret files of the federal government they would either be put to work by the govt as a hacker, be put to death mysteriously, or be put in so deep a prison hole to where even his family would forget his name. in my opinion i just don't trust it i'm just going to wait and see how all this works out to being a miraculous positive for the US.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eiltihw
reply to post by dmefoc

To me the wikileaks "leak" is being extremely publicized to the point i feel like it was planned. It is being thrown all over the news from local to the global news. now if this was truly something that the govt was afraid of coming to light wouldn't they have stopped the leak from even reaching the news or to wikileaks to being with? because this isn't like the "burn book" that was passed around in the movie mean girls this is TOP SECRET information about our govt and the world leaders. because you can almost guarantee the if an everyday person hacked into the secret files of the federal government they would either be put to work by the govt as a hacker, be put to death mysteriously, or be put in so deep a prison hole to where even his family would forget his name. in my opinion i just don't trust it i'm just going to wait and see how all this works out to being a miraculous positive for the US.

It WAS planned. Planned well in advance by Wikileaks, that is - as soon as they got the documents. The Wikileaks guys work with major news corps to synchronize and maximize the impact of released documents on the public. Basically, they're fighting the government at their own game - influencing minds through well-calculated media campaigns.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldur

no i mean planned as in with the government not them...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eiltihw
reply to post by Baldur

no i mean planned as in with the government not them...

Doesn't seem likely, to be honest. Have you seen Hillary Clinton's face recently? She's spitting thunder and barking lightning.

I understand we're conspiracy theorists, but still, Occam's razor!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
LOL just realized wrong thread hahahahahahaha

sorry..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
Did you read my thoughts at all? did the dumb dork that starred you read what I said?

I am not discrediting Wikileaks at all. Im saying that something is up.. The scapegoat for information is an Army PFC. Noone without a rank of AT LEAST Major or ABOVE has access to all the information released, period.

So, please point out where I discredit wikileaks. When you cant, I will accept your apology

And you couldn't be more incorrect with the statement:

"Noone without a rank of AT LEAST Major or ABOVE has access to all the information released, period."

It was "reported" that ALL of the information was taken off of SIPRnet (Classification Secret and below internet, JWICS is Top Secret internet). I had access to SIPRnet since my rank of an E-1 (along with thousands of others). Not saying that anything else you said was wrong but your assessment that it takes a Major or above to have SIPR access is flat out incorrect. Thank you and have a nice day

Oh would just like to add that if the PFC in question was in intelligence he would have in addition to SIPR he would of had full access to JWICS as well.

NT

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Maybe this is all the tip of the proverbial iceberg. If the Assmaster had some really damning stuff about any of the major countries that could be just what is saving his derrier, unless thats what the whole insurance file is.

This could be why there is such a major kick off, yet no action, "you stay away from me and your reputations will only take minor slamming, attack me or disappear me and you will never know what hit you in regards to leaking of sensitive info."

Makes sense, all of what has been released so far seems more of an embarresment than anything else.
edit on 30/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
did you ever consider that the government might want these world leaders and messages exposed for being asses and not playing into their game or some other agenda?

While he has not yet gone to trial, Bradley Manning, while chatting on instant messenger with Adrian Lamo, mentioned a number of interesting things. One of the things he stated was that he'd lifted a quarter-million diplomatic cables, which he'd sent to the WL team. Now, suddenly, something like a quarter-million diplomatic cables are being released. Not conclusive, but certainly damning for Manning's defense when he finally goes to trial.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
As far as the info or disinfo question... In just about any situation it is very hard to determine which program is in effect. I do know from experience that a real information release will follow a specific attack methodology against the releasor. First stage will be an attempt at discrediting and/or diversion, second stage will be financial attrition, third stage is generally elimination via accident or what appears to be natural causes, forth stage is elimination with prejudice to make an example (I am at stage 2 and have been for 9 years, that could change soon with the potential release of a movie and I could be allocated stage 3 or 4 status, but at least I have a dead man's switch so it's not all bad I guess).

The rape and molestation charges filed against Assange in Sweden are proof that this is spinning up. Also the leaked document (heh) that outlines a strategy to take down Wikileaks, which is unfolding almost like a roadmap... word on the street has it that lines of monetary donation to Wikileaks are coming under fire right now. Perhaps Assange's frequent media appearances are being made in preparation for stage three or four (as you put it) - if a public figure is shot and dies during a mugging, and the mugger got away clean... pretty suspicious, don't you think?

If the information was real and fairly complete, I would be able to pick out a very specific location and date in 1988 that involved the US State Department, the French, a joint Israeli/French corporation, an Ambassador, two South African government ministers and an offshore company, with all the names, that did the arms deal to get Saddam to invade Kuwait, but that info isn't in Cablegate, yet I was there when it went down. So I question the validity and integrity of the cablegate package, but maybe there is no way all the information could be gotten out?

More cables are supposed to be released soon. Perhaps you'll get your chance.

I also find it surprising that apparently there is no damning information contained, especially concerning Israel. That must have been filtered or was never included from the get go.

Again, more are coming. I'm interested to see if anyone has anything bad to say about Israel, too...

Since he is still alive and operated from a nanny state (UK) with more cameras than people, with face recognition software and all manner of junk for spying on the subjects there, he could have been acquired and taken down at any time.

Actually, he operates largely out of Sweden and Iceland these days. He's also known to pull a couple of stunts to avoid such surveillance and vanish after public appearances. After TPTB had agents laying in wait for them at a conference in the United States this summer (some jokers put RESERVED FOR THE FBI signs over their parking spaces) it makes sense.

So, either Assange has been fed disinformation tempered with a lot of truths to forward someone else's agenda or the information is just not that valuable or TPTB know that if they take him down it will lend credibility to WL which they may not want or Assange is a superspy and the cleverest bloke on the planet capable of outwitting hords of other superspies and their governments. Take your pick, but something is wrong here ;-)

Or maybe he's just not doing what you think he should be doing. It's become pretty popular to accuse people of being paid shills or mentally ill when someone has publically espoused a strong belief, and then suddenly changes their mind about it all of a sudden (case in point: a famous formerly vegan blogger). It's not much of a stretch to include "disinformation agent" in the category of people one thinks isn't doing something right.

If we as a community are going to get down to the bottom of anything, throwing accusations like "disinformation agent" around make it that much harder. We've got evidence, we can do research, we can do first, second, and third order analyses of what we have.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
That is an assumption and it can be wrong. What if wikileaks has set up many other servers and computers yet to be used around the world to ensure their plan against the elite of the world? Think about it, Julian Assange could not afford all of this alone, you know there are big boys behind wikileaks who remain anonymous.

They did. They've spoken of their distributed architecture, and we as readers can probe that architecture in certain ways to see some of what they did. Their back end, however, remains opaque.

Do not treat Illuminati as if they are Gods, if anything their tactics prove them to be weak. They use fear because their ideal cannot stand with the people on its own merits.

They, if they indeed exist, are no more gods than you, I, or anyone else. The only difference might be that they might claim both the right and the responsibility of gods.

If Wiki was not part of the " Big Plan " it would not be here still.

This is a tool for them to use...

Might I point out that TPTB aren't all powerful? Remember, Gary McKinnon put his real name, real phone number, and real address in some of the systems he cracked. And they weren't found until many years later because TPTB don't think to look for things like that (which says more about the white hats of the infosec field than anything else, maybe...)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Lets look at what we have so far using 2 criteria - if it is a surprise and how big it is. In no particular order.

You've said nothing here which isn't true.

The point is, it's no longer conjecture. It's no longer hypothesis. It's no longer conspiracy theory. We now have proof. The next logical question is, what do we do about it?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

]
oh, come on, man!
you have seen too many hellywood sh!t: no problem for cia to figure out where is those "superb" hackers & who fetch & carry info to wl

Actually, it is. If that were so, why were so few people who leaked information caught?

System logs can be altered; loggers can be turned off. Security protocols aren't applied evenly, and don't get me started on how craptastic Active Directory is on that. Cut and paste from one document into another doesn't make it into audit logs. Documents can be photographed or photocopied (though probably not in secure facilities). There are more zero-days out there than the white hats know about.

Security isn't about making things airtight. Security is about managing risk up to a point, and making it likely that an attacker (insider or otherwise) will set off alarms or leave obvious traces if they're up to anything. The thing about security methodologies is that there are always ways around them, and the white hats don't think like the black hats. White hats have to follow the rules they're given by whomever they work for. Black hats do whatever is necessary, and rules be damned.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually its very possible to be one step ahead of the CIA, alot of whats used is kept underground until the exploits are found and patched, but by than the hackers have moved onto a new exploit.

It's easy to stay ahead of the CIA, the FBI, and the Secret Service. They are constrained by rules, orders, and funding. Black hats aren't, and by definition break whatever rules they please to accomplish their goals. The TLAs don't spend all their time finding zero-days and writing exploits that they might share with one or two people, and they're highly motivated to find vulnerabilities in security methodologies for their own benefit.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

System logs can be altered; loggers can be turned off. Security protocols aren't applied evenly, and don't get me started on how craptastic Active Directory is on that.

i don't argue to stop every leak always has been actually impossible task because of old-good man's factor. but methodology to seek after leaking persons is well-known for cia. there works simple Law: most humans can tell everything, but their bodies Never lie

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At the rate they are releasing documents, it would take them over 2 years to release all 250,000+. I'm not sure anyone has the attention span to care to wait that long. Also, thus far, there hasn't been anything of real value leaked. I'm suspicious.

If they really wanted to get this information out there, they are really taking their time and haven't shown that they actually have anything substantial.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

This is the first time reading content on this website since 2001 that i felt the need to say something.... To something that someone has no idea about...

"Lives at risk - no, the job they signed up to do puts their own "life at risk" "
-They are putting their lives at risk for our country! A total disregard for human life is exposing these people putting them at more risk! Something they most likely didnt think that some punk in the army was going to release, some on their side! Un-calculated risk added

"Interests at risk - this is what strikes me as something we need to make sure we find. WHAT interest? WHOS interest."
The interests of the united states, IE:1 the U.S. citizens that travel abroad in foreign countries that we have embassies in, 2. Places such as poor countries that we give money to and invest in their eco's and where we try to stop Muslim Extremists from blowing up, those "INVESTMENTS"! Those Interests!

And this is what really really got me pissed!
"US Army PFC... NO, a PFC in the US Army does NOT, simply does NOT have access to anything important, ever. EVER. I was a PFC at one point, and this is simply false. "

U are simply WRONG! bottom line...
I'm going to use the Marine Corps as an example: "Any" "Intelligence Analyst; MOS CODE: 0231" With-in the Ranks of PVT E-1 to E-10 SgtMaj has access to those cables and Top Secret Information and it doesn't matter what unit your with, for the most part if u have the need to know for that BASIC information Most will get it! Oh and u dont have to be a #ing officer to have access to it... most likely unless ur at a HQ echelon type level a Maj is going to be f****** busy with other b*******... usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AvidyaSoulsLostwChronos

can you prove your conclusions w/o useless emotions?
at current moment, no the least evidence is to assert wl have spewed out something warmy to worry about for pentagon/cia/.. no at all, published info is Just trivial or pure & simple rubbish

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Youre very correct.

Tons of people have access to SIPRNET.

Manning was an intel analyst, meaning he had access to JWICS as well.

People want to believe what they want though, especially in light of their own paranoid schizophrenic fantasies.

This works out well for us in the end though. With wikileaks totally discredited, it will be ignored as propaganda.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Having access to sipr doesnt mean access to nipr or jwics. How do I know.. 20+ years being involved.

Anyhoo...

If I were this nefarious omniscient government run by illuminati banksters.. Id simply have him assassinated, suicided, or meet with an accident. The fact that he hasnt points to the Government here and elsewhere ( considering interpols involvement) arent as powerful, knowledgeable, or nifty as some suggest.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join