It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks starting to smell funny

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I've found it increasingly suspicious that wiki-leaks is still a capable entity. Honestly if the information they have is as highly sensitive as it seems and was truly "not intended" to be released then the existence and capability of wiki-leaks should have been destroyed.

I think you're over-estimating some of the capabilities of TPTB, and under-estimating the capabilities of the hackers who run Wikileaks. TPTB have people on the payroll who get paid to do a job. They also have lots of procedures that have to be followed, rules that have to be obeyed, and policies that have to be adhered to. The WL crew grew up in the underground, they care only for getting things done. They're also proactive about auditing code, hardening machines, testing their security posture, and distributing their resources so that they can't be easily shut down.

In short, the people with heart and soul give it their all. The wage slaves do their jobs, go home, and get paid.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
did you ever consider that the government might want these world leaders and messages exposed for being asses and not playing into their game or some other agenda?

just blame everything on hacking terrorist spies and everything will be ok:/

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I 100% believe Wikileaks is allowed to continue because someone at the top WANTS it to continue. The docs may be real but they were selected real documents. The military/CIA/NSA knows the type of person who would leak docs. They just selected that personality type and gave them access to the info. They know better than to WRITE down sensitive info.

Why do I think this? Because a well known psychological trick to gain someone’s trust is to tell someone something very embarrassing but not really damaging. That’s exactly what these documents were - embarrassing but not any real damaging information (or at least not new damaging info).

So the next person who wants to release will go to this site thinking they are honest. Or if some other dis info is needed to be released, they will turn to this site.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
reply to post by jibeho

Because:

WL has broken no laws
WL isn't located on US soil
WL has leverage (insurance file)
Outright banning it would interest even more people
give it more credibility
and give the feeling the US has something big to hide.

For all intents and purposes WL has broken laws, however, that is not to say that the laws are legitimate. There should be transparency and accountability in government. When there is this much secrecy, corruption runs rampant and it has for far too many years.

As far as the info or disinfo question... In just about any situation it is very hard to determine which program is in effect. I do know from experience that a real information release will follow a specific attack methodology against the releasor. First stage will be an attempt at discrediting and/or diversion, second stage will be financial attrition, third stage is generally elimination via accident or what appears to be natural causes, forth stage is elimination with prejudice to make an example (I am at stage 2 and have been for 9 years, that could change soon with the potential release of a movie and I could be allocated stage 3 or 4 status, but at least I have a dead man's switch so it's not all bad I guess).

If the information was real and fairly complete, I would be able to pick out a very specific location and date in 1988 that involved the US State Department, the French, a joint Israeli/French corporation, an Ambassador, two South African government ministers and an offshore company, with all the names, that did the arms deal to get Saddam to invade Kuwait, but that info isn't in Cablegate, yet I was there when it went down. So I question the validity and integrity of the cablegate package, but maybe there is no way all the information could be gotten out?

These politicians have stated before that "one must never let a good crisis go to waste." Obviously the implication here is the utilization of the Hegelian Dialectic and the Delphi Technique of directed consensus in order to change some "standard" or worldview. Seen it done before haven't we, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, Mandela, WTC '93, WTC 911/01, WMD's, NK and Iran, etc.

I also find it surprising that apparently there is no damning information contained, especially concerning Israel. That must have been filtered or was never included from the get go. It's also a little disconcerting that the information is simply embarrasing and not intimately damaging, it's almost like a schoolyard gossip circle. I was really hoping to see information from Diego Garcia, sat platform comunications transfers, discrete planning, assassination orders, operative movements, etc., you know the real meat of what is going on in the world. Ces't la ve...

If Julian Assange is not a plant, then the information he has released is not directly damaging enough and hence it can be used as a tool to further someones agenda, possibly changing the internet or some security protocols to take more from common people and transfer it to the PTB. If it really was that damaging, he would eventually be dead after they discredit him enough, the jackals wait in anticipation of high paying targets like him. Since he is still alive and operated from a nanny state (UK) with more cameras than people, with face recognition software and all manner of junk for spying on the subjects there, he could have been acquired and taken down at any time.

So, either Assange has been fed disinformation tempered with a lot of truths to forward someone else's agenda or the information is just not that valuable or TPTB know that if they take him down it will lend credibility to WL which they may not want or Assange is a superspy and the cleverest bloke on the planet capable of outwitting hords of other superspies and their governments. Take your pick, but something is wrong here ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/29.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: of a missing word

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
To be honest I find it a bit of an anti-climax. Diplomats and politicians slagging each other off, crikey where is the news in that? It made page 5 of my paper.

I fail to so far see the smoking gun that seems to be so eagerly awaited. I am not reading every document but I seemed to have learned that Prince Edward is an ass when he is abroad, Saudi's wanted Iran's Nuclear plants Bombed and everyone else is behaving like twits.

I would love someone to breakdown the leaks into something I can understand.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That is an assumption and it can be wrong. What if wikileaks has set up many other servers and computers yet to be used around the world to ensure their plan against the elite of the world? Think about it, Julian Assange could not afford all of this alone, you know there are big boys behind wikileaks who remain anonymous.

Do not treat Illuminati as if they are Gods, if anything their tactics prove them to be weak. They use fear because their ideal cannot stand with the people on its own merits. KILLUMINATI!!!

TIME WILL TELL UNTIL THEN SOAK UP THE KNOWLEDGE GIVEN BECAUSE IT IS ALL RELEVANT IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Originally posted by Zaanny
If Wiki was not part of the " Big Plan " it would not be here still.

This is a tool for them to use...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how valid is the idea of these "leaks" being controlled. The sensitivity of the info so far seems relatively low...PM of Italy and Putin like to party. hm...US and SKorea thinking of reuniting the peninsula. hm...US looking to bribe countries to take detainees...hm. This info just doesn't seem too sensitive to me.
So I can't help but think I'm on the "they're letting this stuff out" bandwagon on the grounds of them wanting to create a scenario where they "must" take control of this situation. There is just oh so much public unrest. They've been building to a point where they're pushing the public to react. They're pushing public opinion one way, and that is against tptb and what they're up to. It all seems to lead to one thing, and that is implementaion of these 1,000s of executive orders and ultimately the "marshall law" scenario or complete take over of power. They've already started taking over sites, raiding civilian homes, 4amendment crushing searches...
One thing I' ve learned to never ask is ...."what next?".....
So, I won't ask it now, either....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lets look at what we have so far using 2 criteria - if it is a surprise and how big it is. In no particular order.

Putin and Berlusconi are bff's - Surprise - My guess is Putin is just tuning Berlusconi so he can play him like a violin to whatever tune he wants. If it happens that way it could be a pretty big impact down the road.

Saudi is main supporter of AQ - No Surprise - its been said for years.

Saudi (and much of the Mid-East) don't want Iran to get nukes and urge action - No Surprise - I suspect I'll get heat for this - but honestly, Iran with nukes is a danger. As for impact - it will make things even hotter in the mid-east.

Yemen tells US to keep blowing things up and Yemen will say they did it - No surprise - its been said for years.

US asks diplomats to spy - No surprise - Well duh.

Iran got missile parts from NK - Surprise - not unexpected but surprising. Will add leverage to the "attack Iran" camp.

US asked China to keep NK from giving missile parts to Iran & China said "meh" - No surprise - China doesn't like the US.

Iran smuggling arms - No Surprise - Its been widely reported.

What has been said will make the world a more dangerous place - but was any of it "really" a huge surprise?

Most of it would be like opening a high school girl's diary to entire high school.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
yes the info we got isn't quite what we were after? is that something you all are saying? if you are i agree..

this is not what i expected, not quite the smoking gun documents we really wanna see.

there's one vice president who got some millions dollars from on payment given by the Norwegian, wow no surprise there. I even heard rumors about 911 documents being in this wikileak, but wtf who the hell writes down illegal info on paper and stores it some place. ><

right?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I think you smell funny by starting this thread.

Why do you think Wikileak smell funny? Ah, I see. The CableGate is mostly about USA, right? Guess you do not like too many bad things said about America?

As I see it, US has been bullying many other nations diplomatically, covertly and militarily for decades! Now only some aspects of its wrong-doings got exposed and it already feels not happy about it??

No nation is perfect. Many are bad. But USA is the real hooligan country in this world. It embraces a thug's philosophy in its foreign policy. Just like a common criminal, US considers your home his home. He thinks it completely "natural" to threaten you and terrorize your neighbors. If you dare to say no to him, he will call up his gang and "exercise" on your lawn with his big guns and big bombs. While terrorizing you, he paints "Terrorism" on your doors and windows, and presses the whole neighborhood to call you a terrorist.

When you still say no to him, he deems it his "right" to enter your house. He can take or damage whatever in your house, and molest whoever he feels attractive. Though you and your family are bleeding, he tells you shamelessly that he is "defending" his "freedom" and your "freedom". After conducting such deeds day in and day out, he coerces everyone to agree that he is a gentleman, a fair-playing athlete, a caring uncle, a role-model and a hero who brings peace to the street.

Now with this latest CableGate leak, US image is blemished. But just as a thug, he does not care if the leak reveals truth about himself. Rather, he announces his displeasure to the world and complains loudly about the (potential) damage to his "assets".

Think the above account purports too harsh a view on America? Watch this:
The War on Democracy

Don't tell me how much US has donated to UN. Don't tell me how much US has given (loaned) to the Third World. But tell me how much US has gained from this world and how much US has costed the World for its "way of life".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by killallbullies

yes America is bad, but this wikileak isn't making it so bad as i wish it would.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It would seem that the US is benefitting much more from these "leaks" than being hurt by them. So far, these leaks have essentially EXPOSED a lot of foreign officials, diplomats, warlords, Prime Ministers/Presidents as the double-talking "statesmen" that they are. People might think that the US is hypocritical, corrupt and "bad." Well, this is a HUGE DOSE OF REALITY that just about every country around the world has a host of "bad" people at the top. They may despise the US for being so successful, but these "leaks" reveal that their own backyard is smelly, too.

And what is the deal with that US-bashing post? I do wonder if the author of that post has ever LIVED in the US. It's not perfect here. It's just filled with a LOT of the same kinds of loving and hard-working people that his/her country is filled with. Usually, it's the double-talking people at the top who make life hard for the majority of people. Keep that in mind when bashing countries. It was bad form and in poor taste.

I would not be surprised if these "Wiki-LEAKS" are part of a *disclosure* program. Here's our dirty laundry, and guess what, a lot of the stains are from YOUR COUNTRY and its LEADERS too. How surprising and uncomfortable to discover that other countries are part of this global agenda?! It should make it more difficult to try to keep a black and white vision of what's truly happening in the world. When YOU realize that the BANKS and BIG CORPORATIONS and GLOBAL ELITE are truly pulling the strings in the world, YOU will discover that there is no "Great Satan of the West" because there is just ONE "Great Satan" and it is GLOBAL, in YOUR back yard as well as ours, as proven by these illuminating documents.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When i first heard about what was 'leaked' my first thought was 'iran aint gonna like that one!", but seems ahmadinejad just seems to think this is typical disinfo bullcrap against iran, and im starting to doubt the creditbility of these wikileaks.

"Iran today lashed out at the WikiLeaks revelations, with the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, dismissing the controversial leaks as a "worthless" psychological warfare campaign against his country."

www.guardian.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah, this is pretty much my take on it. I am waiting a bit, though just to see what all comes out....but if its 90% stuff like "The Pres. of France has a Stinky Butt, and I don't like him" type of messages that just embarass our Diplomats by having their nasty personal messages released to the World at large, then I'll be a tad disapointed. I really think WikiLeaks is an amazing thing.......the first time in my Memory where such an organized resource of Leaks has ever existed. I may find myself really wishing that they would trim their releases to only the Shocking, and Criminal sort of things, however...It will be harder and harder for WikiLeaks to maintain a Strong Moral Arguement in their favor if they are not at least a tiny bit discriminate about what they release.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, I think WL needs to go through the documents

rip out parts that expose diplomacy stuff...I don't need to know personally that face to face, a nation shakes hands, then behind the scenes, they call each other jacktards...the only thing this will do is make diplomacy as a concept nearly null and void.

If you take just a moment to consider it...who gains when diplomacy itself is removed from credibility...what option is there next...no more need for diplomatic solutions because the world as a whole has completely lost faith in the process.

As far as actual criminal actions...sure...lets shine a light on that and get some arrests going...but leaking documents simply for the sake of leaking documents is not "bringing truth" verses simply spreading chaos for no real reason.

If your mother gained 50lbs...Dad may say she looks wonderful and will look even more wonderful once they both start their new workout and diet plan come new years...then walk away and mumble she is looking a bit rough...does that mean junior whom overheard dad should run to mom and tell her exactly what dad said? Whats the point and final outcome beyond nothing changing except for anger, resentment, and potentially dropping the whole getting fit come new years together plans out of spite?

From what I understand...this is going to be mostly about diplomacy...I will be pretty jaded against Wikileaks if the only intent was to create anger and mistrust worldwide and eliminate diplomacy...

However, once diplomacy itself is gone...then I guess we can simply talk with bombs as a civilization...nothing like moving our civilization back a thousand years and speak only in ways of military strength. Hoorah

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

no doubt, you gave hella correct name for this thread
more & more evidences come wl is good puppy of cia
Nothing curious is out of cia/pentagon/...., but ludicrous rubbish like that: www.aolnews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If Wikileaks was a real threat it would get no media attention. Wikileaks is
crap. The info they release is boring and isn't earth shattering. Crap like
Alex Jones.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

you're correct, too many ritual dances spin around that crap. why has mainstream not spent so huge Time for GOM situation?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

I think you're over-estimating some of the capabilities of TPTB, and under-estimating the capabilities of the hackers who run Wikileaks.

oh, come on, man!
you have seen too many hellywood sh!t: no problem for cia to figure out where is those "superb" hackers & who fetch & carry info to wl

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There;'s nothing fishy about this site, they release information through third party IPs and their site is hosted through different Ips, the gov would love to take them down if they could find them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Actually its very possible to be one step ahead of the CIA, alot of whats used is kept underground until the exploits are found and patched, but by than the hackers have moved onto a new exploit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join