It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks starting to smell funny

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.google.com...

The Obama administration has told whistleblower WikiLeaks that its expected imminent release of classified State Department cables will put "countless" lives at risk, threaten global counterterrorism operations and jeopardize U.S. relations with its allies.

In a highly unusual step reflecting the administration's grave concerns about the ramifications of the move, the State Department late Saturday released a letter from its top lawyer to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and his attorney telling them that publication of the documents would be illegal and demanding that they stop it.

It also said the U.S. government would not cooperate with WikiLeaks

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
edit on Mon Nov 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Lives at risk - no, the job they signed up to do puts their own "life at risk"

Interests at risk - this is what strikes me as something we need to make sure we find. WHAT interest? WHOS interest.

US Army PFC... NO, a PFC in the US Army does NOT, simply does NOT have access to anything important, ever. EVER. I was a PFC at one point, and this is simply false.

Assange says it will cover "every important story"
So, we are to assume
-conspiracy true/false answers
- UFO real or not
- Who is banging who, who is gay (obama?)

Also, I remember a thread awhile back stating that a "whitehouse insider" was saying that people are preparing for an "internal war" or something to that affect, basically sayin # was going to be "released" soon... and this was BEFORE the talk of Wikileaks.. Something is amist here folks, and there is a very INNOCENT, probably YOUNG PFC whos life is being sacraficed here for it.. and its NOT right.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Do you know what is not right? That shortly before the release discrediting threads like this is appearing frequently at ATS. Do you believe we're going to buy it? Think again.

This is the second discrediting thread within one hour. But if I must guess, more will come. Well, 22:00GMT is so close.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wikileaks smells of AIPAC

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Did you read my thoughts at all? did the dumb dork that starred you read what I said?

I am not discrediting Wikileaks at all. Im saying that something is up.. The scapegoat for information is an Army PFC. Noone without a rank of AT LEAST Major or ABOVE has access to all the information released, period.

So, please point out where I discredit wikileaks. When you cant, I will accept your apology

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am not a religious person by any means, but this still rings true regardless of your faith or religion.

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Bring on the info! I am ready and waiting to see what has been hidden from us for so long!
edit on
edit on 11/28/2010 by SpaDe_ because: Again...
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If Wiki was not part of the " Big Plan " it would not be here still.

This is a tool for them to use...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Actually your title is already discrediting. And I won't accept appology because you're trying to use reverse psychology to discredit WikiLeaks.

And to your PFC stuff. Actually PFCs also capable to access highly sensitive materials, because accessing highly sensitive materials are sometimes is not connecting to rank, but to your post. If the PFC was assigned to a serious post, that in this case he was capable to access sensitive material.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Im still awaiting your apology.

I reread what I posted, to make sure I didnt in anyway discredit Wikileaks.. And I didnt.

If you are referring to the article posted, I posted it as a preface to what my original thoughts are. The government is trying HARD to hide what is about to be released.. Where I say
"interest at risk- WHAT and WHO"
That is saying "what interests and whos interests are at risk? we need to find that out" Meaning we need to make sure we comb over the whole thing to find out who are they attempting to protect. You comprehension is forgivable, but without an apology, I think you are just an irrational dolt.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, I think WL needs to go through the documents

rip out parts that expose diplomacy stuff...I don't need to know personally that face to face, a nation shakes hands, then behind the scenes, they call each other jacktards...the only thing this will do is make diplomacy as a concept nearly null and void.

If you take just a moment to consider it...who gains when diplomacy itself is removed from credibility...what option is there next...no more need for diplomatic solutions because the world as a whole has completely lost faith in the process.

As far as actual criminal actions...sure...lets shine a light on that and get some arrests going...but leaking documents simply for the sake of leaking documents is not "bringing truth" verses simply spreading chaos for no real reason.

If your mother gained 50lbs...Dad may say she looks wonderful and will look even more wonderful once they both start their new workout and diet plan come new years...then walk away and mumble she is looking a bit rough...does that mean junior whom overheard dad should run to mom and tell her exactly what dad said? Whats the point and final outcome beyond nothing changing except for anger, resentment, and potentially dropping the whole getting fit come new years together plans out of spite?

From what I understand...this is going to be mostly about diplomacy...I will be pretty jaded against Wikileaks if the only intent was to create anger and mistrust worldwide and eliminate diplomacy...

However, once diplomacy itself is gone...then I guess we can simply talk with bombs as a civilization...nothing like moving our civilization back a thousand years and speak only in ways of military strength. Hoorah

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
The Obama administration has told whistleblower WikiLeaks that its expected imminent release of classified State Department cables will put "countless" lives at risk, threaten global counterterrorism operations and jeopardize U.S. relations with its allies.

This always makes me chuckle.
The content of those communications does all of the above, NOT the release of that information into the public domain.

What a poor attempt to shift blame.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sorry, DP
edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've found it increasingly suspicious that wiki-leaks is still a capable entity. Honestly if the information they have is as highly sensitive as it seems and was truly "not intended" to be released then the existence and capability of wiki-leaks should have been destroyed.

The government would rather risk a low level PR problem killing Assange and hacking wiki-leaks and or destroying their ability to operate, then have this huge cache of "sensitive" information released.

UNLESS....the information is absolutely intended to be released and designed to be released through a rogue party.

Its really hard to tell, but information such as being claimed to be held by wiki-leaks doesn't get released easily, which so far seems to be the case. Which makes the whole thing smell of fish.

For a long while now I have been sensing that the whole intention or agenda is to give justification of Marshall Law by creating an environment or atmosphere for rioting or "civil unrest" as they so love to call it.

Its hard to play their game and figure out real info from dis info....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, I think WL needs to go through the documents

rip out parts that expose diplomacy stuff...I don't need to know personally that face to face, a nation shakes hands, then behind the scenes, they call each other jacktards...the only thing this will do is make diplomacy as a concept nearly null and void.

I agree on this point.
It's akin to a third person coming into a friendship and gossiping about each to the other.

It can't do any good, and might just make Wikileaks look like a marriage-wrecker.

Focus on the corruption and dodgy deals, but exposing one governments opinions of another is a little petty.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes - I posted this thread earlier but was shot down and accused of being a shill???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just don't trust this creepy new-ager and this release is so orchestrated - it stinks!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Focus on the corruption and dodgy deals, but exposing one governments opinions of another is a little petty.

Petty doesn't begin to describe it...its flat out dangerous and irresponsible.

Keep in mind, although the people being exposed as being asses can shrug it off, they have to answer to their constituents...which means, a simple backroom arm wrestling match or whatever to get past the "sorry I called your mom a trash collecting crackhead" moment.

Nations...the average knuckledragging citizen, will demand vindication...and therefore create an environment where more diplomacy simply wont work...worldwide sanctions, isolationism, xenophobia, and potential war could actually be the outcome in some areas

and all because the town crier wanted to spread the gossip of what people say behind closed doors.

Again...Wikileaks can do the right thing...remove the nonsense that can cause no good and only damage things without bringing any altruistic truth forward...and release stuff that is relevant only..

but something tells me they are simply too lazy, or perhaps pro-chaotic anarchy to do so...how will their legacy in the pages of history be written...as the organization that brought truth to the world, or the ones whom simply instigated a fight to break out just for fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join