It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Weapon- check it out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This weapon sounds amazing, not sure what to think of it yet but, wanted to post it first.
It sounds like a perfect space based weapon.

www.defensereview.com...

Variable

[edit on 7/1/2004 by Variable]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just read that whole thing when is the US military going to put this into service this will be able to protect ground troops when mounted on helicopters and ground vehicles.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Cool acronym. Man that thing is awesome. I figure years from know smaller, lighter versions will be placed in the hands of infantry. But this would be an awesome weapon to place anywere.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Cool weapon, but I think it may be a little dangerous to use this for peace keeping in the United States. Imagine having a police officer sitting on the back of a truck with this thing mounted on it and sets it to non-leathal. While firing it the truck hits a bump and the officers' arm flips a swith/pushes a button (however it works) and sends a plethera of deadly golf balls hurling at a roudy crowd. Maybe there are fail-safes to keep this from happening, I don't know, but now when I grab a b-b gun and fire I know it probably will not cause harm. I grab my 45 and I know it will do some damage if I manage to hit anything. I grab a shotgun and you better start running. This thing would rock out on the field, but not for the police. Leave this one for the millitary. That's my opinion anyway unless, like I said, there is some foolproof failsafe that will keep innocents from being killed. Cool weapon though.

E_T

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No Recoil?

I would want to know how they do that.
Are they going to invalidate physic's laws?
To accelerate bullets (anything) you need to aplly force to it and for every force there's equal counter force.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
it is an electrically-powered centrifuge weapon

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks to me that it was an idea from a video game and someone faking it to look like a possibility for the field.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That weapon is fantastic. If it works. I couldn't download the video due to stupid dial-up. Does anyone know if any military organisations are interested in this technology?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it can work, theres no prob with the physics. however elecric powered means it will be jammable. using ECM. and also under arduous conditions there could be power source problems. Nice idea, but I think I'd like some non electric back up as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds cool, although you would get nobody wanting to be and Infantry man... there is also a few technical flaws, - It will more than likly overheat due to the friction of so many metal balls going down the barrel.

and if that isnt a problem then this DEFINITLY is - Say these were used as defencive stuctures around an army base, all you need is one specially trained man to go in at night and set an EMP bomb in the middle of the base, and when it goes off... all of the enemy attack the base, the men arm the guns - "HOLY SH*T! They dont work!! RUN TO THE HILLS LADS! RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!!"

[edit on 2-7-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ezekial yes the US military according to that site is the only one to have it and I don't know when they will put it to use on the field and squid no one has an EMP bomb and there will be other weapons there ok

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't people notice an EMP charge just went off. I don't think they would be to suprised the guns work. This is why we need to use conventional weapons to back up the new ones.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i know but im saying... it can go wrong.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
every weapon can fail so far no one has produced a weapon that never has something go wrong. or a fool proof one.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know why people think EMP bombs are some super destructive weapon, this isnt the Matrix Reloaded. All major weapons systems are electrical like uhh Jets , tanks, vehicles of all types use electrical energy. Not to mention your radios, satelite communication, GPS, NV goggles. If someone could simply disable everything electrical it would be sold in massive numbers : )

You can harden circuits from EMP. I assume most of the military apparatus has some shielding.

Somone mentioned the gun has no recoil, the story says no felt recoil. This is a vehicle mounted weapon. If you watch the video you see it doesn't look like a convential weapon at all. But new weapons systems may not look anything like what is fielded today.

If the weapon works it is an amazing, out of the blue development IMHO.
Just think, were coming back to the days of the musket ball, just a whole lot faster,harder and more lethal by a power of magnitude.

V

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I belive that an EMP can only damage complex electonics, like computer chips, and intergrated circuits, and that an electric motor would be unaffected.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Cool design its kind of like a stealth version of a metal storm gun. Although metal storm could fire at a faster rate it is not quiet and would have a muzzle flash. Interesting to say the least something to keep your eyes on

H4dd3n I think you are correct a electric motor is a rather simple design I dont think it would be effected by a EMP

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
EMP takes any electronic device and over powers it, too much electricity causes the thing to blow. So anything that uses electronics and isnt sheilded should blow up, its also quite hard to sheild it.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No not every thing that has wires would be affected by an IMP so an electronic motor would not be affected by it and squid they don't blow up ok the most complex machines which use lot of chips an integrated circuits would fry or just short circuit the electronics they don't blow up you have been watching the matrix for too long.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Against current EMP shielding is no problem. And unshielded computers would at worst shut down. As for this not being the Matrix well you never know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join