It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Thousand Strong English Defence League Demonstration Against Sharia in Preston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Five Thousand Strong English Defence League Demonstration Against Sharia in Preston

Around 5000 EDL supporters braved the winter weather to assemble in Preston against sharia. This was one of two simultaneous EDL demonstrations in different parts of England which demonstrates a new capability for the organisation. It will only be a matter of time before numerous demonstrations will be possible simultaneously.

Overall, the day in Preston was a resounding success – it was well attended, largely peaceful, and supported by the many people who were watching the demonstration or going about their ordinary business. The support for the EDL has clearly grown in recent weeks and months. The support base is strong and growing stronger by the day as the British Government continues to ignore the British people as it proceeds to gradually impose sharia norms against their will and for goodness knows what reason.

www.libertiesalliance.org... 2010/

There was also a protest the same day in Nuneaton which drew a 1000 strong EDL force.
ITV News report,

With reactions from the public and a small snippet from one of the English Defence Leagues leaders, Guramit Singh (Yes you got that right, the EDL have a Sikh leader, still racist?:@@

-------

I have followed the group since it formed last year, when it had about 200 members, the organisation now is close to 50000, enough members to hold two protests on the same day, with over 200 divisions across the UK the group is rising fast, there has been formations of the Dutch Defense League, German Defense League and Australian Defense League, the group is now operating on an international scale, with funding from unknown benefactors.

What is your general opinion of the group? What is the future for britain?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good! Anything as archaic and sexist as Sharia law has no place in England. Certain items in Sharia are disgusting, for a example a man can rape his wife. Surely by even using parts of the law, they are agreeing, at least partially, with the principles of it. I am not racist, but my belief is that when immigrants arrive in England, they should abide by our laws. This is destroying the heritage of our country, but I suppose with Islam rapidly becoming the main religion in Britain, it was bound to happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Not too sure how I feel about these guys... Hopefully their demonstrations remain peaceful in the future as well.

As a fan of them perhaps you could answer me this, how do they feel about Irish folks living in England?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i for 1 thinks it good news that the edl are gaining in popularity,there are local to me on the 11th so i will go and have a look and show my support,i have never been on a demo and am looking forward to it...........england forever.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have to say I agree with them, Islamic extremist's have no place in this country.
And I don't believe they are racist or affiliated with the BNP like the media would have us believe.
I think because these people are mostly working class it's easy for the media and the white middleclass liberal types to sneer at them and label them as bigot's and chav scum instead of listening to they're concerns.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

My general opinion of the group is that they are all Nazi scum who should be absolutely ashamed.
They do not represent our great country.

I long ago vowed that I would never have any dealings with any person who supports this mentality whatever.

The primary problem with this group is that they are born out of ignorance. They purport to be defending England. Against what exactly?

They claim their motivation is to prevent terrorism and extremist views, yet their views are simplistic and extremist in and of themselves.
They target areas with higher than average Muslim populations yet claim that they are not anti-Muslim.

They are retards of the highest order. They're not happy with riots at football matches, so they have to create their own little arenas and bring the violence to the people instead.

What are my fears? Predominantly that the majority of this country are barely literate, ignorant and highly motivated to display anger at traditional government.

The actions of our government are providing a breeding base for these ignoramuses. The tabloid press are feeding the ignorance without considering the ramifications of their actions.

Ultimately I fear people siding with this Nazi world view and making WW2 completely pointless.

If you support the EDL, you are a despicable excuse for an Englishman. Fu*k off to Germany and join any one of the number of Nazi groups still claiming dominance over others, we don't want you in OUR country.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by monobrow
I have to say I agree with them, Islamic extremist's have no place in this country.
And I don't believe they are racist or affiliated with the BNP like the media would have us believe.
I think because these people are mostly working class it's easy for the media and the white middleclass liberal types to sneer at them and label them as bigot's and chav scum instead of listening to they're concerns.

And how is targeting Muslim communities preventing terrorism?

I thought our government was already doing a bang-up job preventing terrorist acts on British soil, considering we haven't had a successful terrorist incident in how many years now?

Yours is exactly the kind of opinion I fear. It's basic, simplistic, and (sorry to insult) ignorant of the facts.

Us liberal types (ie, the majority of England, BTW!) don't have to label EDL as chav scum and bigots, they do this themselves through their actions, behavior and malformed views.
edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

all i can say is ..you can come with me and voice your oppinion on the 11th december if you like
.......and your user name says it all....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Peaceful demonstrations my arse.

No rockets and stun grenades thrown at the spectatorys? no smoke bombs and no nazi scum chanting?

Oh, no, wait, that's just what happened.

Oh, and MASSIVE LOL at 6000, the nazi pig scum bloke yesterday said 600, and he was exagerating then.

Sharia law can go do one too, but these filthy scum can get off my streets.

These filthy pig nazi scum, havo no place in this country.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Its a shame that people will fall for the divide and conquer trick time after time. It's also sad that people will get excited about protesting against Muslims, yet dont take to the streets when the banks run rough shod over all of our lives.
The EDL do nothing to stop militant Islam and in fact have the opposite effect by creating more tension in these areas and turning more muslim youth to be extremist.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking

all i can say is ..you can come with me and voice your oppinion on the 11th december if you like
.......and your user name says it all....

Thanks for the invite, but if I do attend, I'll be on the anti-fascist side. We have more people and make more sense.

As for user names... right back atcha.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My general opinion of the group is that they are all Nazi scum who should be absolutely ashamed.
They do not represent our great country.

And that is very much your opinion and I one I have to disagree with. Would you call a member of the SNP, Nazi scum as they believe in Scotland. No, so why call people who want to believe in England, Nazi scum. Then, I am, according to you, Nazi scum. A phase I find offensive as members of my family gave their lifes to stop the spread of Nazism.

I long ago vowed that I would never have any dealings with any person who supports this mentality whatever.
I hope you never stop debating issues with those you disagree with. Just because someone has a different view on what they believe is right, should never stop you from debating with them.

The primary problem with this group is that they are born out of ignorance. They purport to be defending England. Against what exactly?

The fact that many in England feel the voice of the English is not heard and less important in our own country, and that the views and rights of the non English are held more important than our own. Many feel we are losing what it is to be English in our own country, and I guess many in the EDL feel that those of the muslin faith are being given too much say in how this country could be run in the future.

They claim their motivation is to prevent terrorism and extremist views, yet their views are simplistic and extremist in and of themselves. They target areas with higher than average Muslim populations yet claim that they are not anti-Muslim.

Because they feel that the rights of muslims are deemed more important than the rights of the English, and you only have to see that our Government believes that the biggest security risks to come from those that believe in some aspects of the muslim faith.

They are retards of the highest order. They're not happy with riots at football matches, so they have to create their own little arenas and bring the violence to the people instead.

What are my fears? Predominantly that the majority of this country are barely literate, ignorant and highly motivated to display anger at traditional government.

And the solution is for the Government to listen to the English people in England. Stop Wales, NI and Scottish MPs have a say in what happens in England. Respect and give creedance to the values and ways of the English. And yet again, you offer insults to those who support and are proud to be English. How can a retard of the highest order, be capable of using a computer and debating you?

If you support the EDL, you are a despicable excuse for an Englishman. Fu*k off to Germany and join any one of the number of Nazi groups still claiming dominance over others, we don't want you in OUR country.

Then I am a despicable excuse for a Englishman. I am proud of any organisation that promotes the rights and values of the English in England.

Such a shame that it appears you are the retard as you have to resort to insults and foul language to make you point. You are no better than those you seek to condem.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think they're Nazi scum too. Many of their members have previously been involved with soccer hooliganism & I'd be surprised if a significant number of their members don't have criminal offences for street disorder. I don't know why some get het up about describing them as Nazis, many of them have been observed giving the Hitlergruß as they "peacefully demonstrate".

They hate Muslims too, they're far from being the multifaith movement they claim ... some of their knuckle dragging adherents chant the imaginative phrase "We Hate Muslims" as they toodle along under massive police protection.

I think they and their apologists here are to be pitied.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Mohamed had wifes of six and 9 = pedophile,..sharia law is evil.

I saw an Isreali flag and an American flag in that crowd.
Not all white seperatists are nazi.

And even though I have Opolopong(Native American) and Engish blood,.."The enemy of my enmy is my friend."

I would glady help extinguish the spread of any religion that leads to honor killings and female circumcission.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
And that is very much your opinion and I one I have to disagree with. Would you call a member of the SNP, Nazi scum as they believe in Scotland. No, so why call people who want to believe in England, Nazi scum. Then, I am, according to you, Nazi scum. A phase I find offensive as members of my family gave their lifes to stop the spread of Nazism.

I'm trying to think back to the last time I saw the SNP protesting int he streets, chanting football hooligan chants and throwing fireworks at others. Oh wait... they are completely different aren't they. That's why I can't think of an example.
What, may I ask, are you achieving in your "defense" of England by protesting as you do in the streets of our country?
Who are you defending us from?
This imaginary Muslim bogeyman who wants Sharia Law? Wake up. It's not happening. It's a delusion created by your tabloid media and many are simply too dumb to recognize the difference between one insane cleric and the majority of a faith.

And, are you certain that it is offense you are experiencing and not downright shame?

I find it remarkable that a person with such a family history in truly defending this country has such an uneducated view and is so easily able to align themselves with such a group of people.

We all come from family who fought Hitler. Only on my side I see where groups like the EDL lead, and you do not.

I hope you never stop debating issues with those you disagree with. Just because someone has a different view on what they believe is right, should never stop you from debating with them.

That would be excellent if those people involved with the EDL were capable of holding a rational debate. Unfortunately, they hold extremist views that do not reflect reality. How do you debate with someone who has little grasp of reality?

The fact that many in England feel the voice of the English is not heard and less important in our own country, and that the views and rights of the non English are held more important than our own. Many feel we are losing what it is to be English in our own country, and I guess many in the EDL feel that those of the muslin faith are being given too much say in how this country could be run in the future.

This is a common sentiment but I have yet to see examples of where this is the case. How exactly is the Muslim faith deciding how our country is run?
The only voice that is not being heard in this country is one of extremism, ignorance and racism. Ie, the views of this minority. That is why they are angry. They have extremist opinions and warped perceptions about this nation that simply do not reflect reality, and they are deluded into thinking that their views are the majority. Well, they're not.

Because they feel that the rights of muslims are deemed more important than the rights of the English, and you only have to see that our Government believes that the biggest security risks to come from those that believe in some aspects of the muslim faith.

You're contradicting yourself. Either the government is giving Muslim extremists more than you think is fair, or they view them as a threat. Which is it?

Oh, and another thing the EDL can't quite grasp here: there are PLENTY of British Born Muslims in this country.

And the solution is for the Government to listen to the English people in England. Stop Wales, NI and Scottish MPs have a say in what happens in England. Respect and give creedance to the values and ways of the English. And yet again, you offer insults to those who support and are proud to be English. How can a retard of the highest order, be capable of using a computer and debating you?

The last time I looked, we voted in our government. That is the democratic process at work. These are the views and political opinions the majority have voted in favor of. What you suggest is that the government listen to your little group of Nazi sympathizers instead of the wider British public. That is not a democracy.

And yes, I'll gladly throw as many insults as I can at the EDL and those who support them. They are not the same as those who have pride in England. Marching, violence, anger and ignorance against a whole section of a society while following deluded views as justification is nothing to be proud of, it is not displaying anything remotely to be proud of.
If I see a group of people so ignorant and unashamed at provoking violence and hatred, they'll get the same disrespect from me in equal measure.

Then I am a despicable excuse for a Englishman. I am proud of any organisation that promotes the rights and values of the English in England.

How is this promoting anything other than bigotry, racism and ignorance? Please, tell me what the EDL are achieving in this display.

Such a shame that it appears you are the retard as you have to resort to insults and foul language to make you point. You are no better than those you seek to condem.

That's your view, but I am far better than those I seek to condemn, in that I am not a racist, ignorant, xenophobic retard who thinks acting like this in the street is an adequate way to beat an imaginary fear.

I tend not to think of my words as insults, just statement of fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sharia extremism is gradually invading the UK and the government isnt doing anything about it, so its up to the british public to do something, if you dont like it then i sugest you crawl back in to your hole and go sleep some more.

Muslims are fine, not a problem, but people have a problem with the radical muslims that think they can come and teach sharia in the UK and preach hatrid on our streets, that is what people are pissed off about!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by human32826
Mohamed had wifes of six and 9 = pedophile,..sharia law is evil.

Godd job Sharia Law is nowhere near being adopted in England then, isn't it?

EDL supporters really don't do themselves any favors do they? We are not debating Muslim faith, we are debating the EDL and their aggressive, idiotic and mindless actions and opinions.

I saw an Isreali flag and an American flag in that crowd.
Not all white seperatists are nazi.

Oh I know ignorance and idiocy are common in many countries. I prefer to view those who claim to be English as my primary loathed target in the EDL.
Someone who calls themselves English and acts like this, with such beliefs, on the streets of England is not acting in defense of their nation or in "pride for being British". They are acting on stupidity and a basic lack of common sense/intelligence.

And even though I have Opolopong(Native American) and Engish blood,.."The enemy of my enmy is my friend."

I would glady help extinguish the spread of any religion that leads to honor killings and female circumcission.

Right, so what about the genital mutilation of boys in America and Israel?

As I said in my last post, I often don't debate with Nazis/EDL/BNP (all one and the same) because those I have to debate with are so deluded and nonsensical they can't put up a justifiable argument.

edit on 28-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Does anything about sharia make sense?
You better pick a side and understand that the majority of the people with your soft attitude would run and hide if the muslim clarics came sweeping through your nieghborhood.
We need the scary do or die ignorance and strength of the EDL,...I may look for a chapter localy or get one started!,...oi oi.
If not that maybe just an anti sharia law group focusing on extinguishing violent religions.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Sharia extremism is gradually invading the UK and the government isnt doing anything about it, so its up to the british public to do something, if you dont like it then i sugest you crawl back in to your hole and go sleep some more.

Muslims are fine, not a problem, but people have a problem with the radical muslims that think they can come and teach sharia in the UK and preach hatrid on our streets, that is what people are pissed off about!

Evidence for your claims please?

Show me some statistical data to prove that Sharia Law is "invading" the UK.
I'll bet you £500 that you cannot provide adequate data. Please note, the "Daily Fail" is not an adequate source.

And please tell me how protesting in the streets like this is combating this imaginary invasion of Sharia Law, or Muslim Extremism. I'd really like to be told what the EDL hopes to achieve by targeting an entire section of society.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Does anything about sharia make sense?
You better pick a side and understand that the majority of the people with your soft attitude would run and hide if the muslim clarics came sweeping through your nieghborhood.
We need the scary do or die ignorance and strength of the EDL,...I may look for a chapter localy or get one started!,...oi oi.
If not that maybe just an anti sharia law group focusing on extinguishing violent religions.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

When Muslim Clerics come "sweeping through my neighborhood" I'll do what I need to do to defend my freedom. Have no doubt about that.

The problem is, THIS IS IMAGINARY!

What is so hard to understand? Do you people actually read ANYTHING other than tabloid trash?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join