It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. I recently had one of the most insane moments of my life. I came home last night at about 2 in the morning and flipped on MSNBC to see if LockUp was on (it's pathetic but I'm addicted to that show) and there were a bunch of talking heads talking about wikileaks so I watched for a little bit to see what the MSM is saying about all of this. And one of the commentators I swear to god said "Information doesn't matter anymore" and proceeded to go on a line of logic about how information can't influence the American public anymore. It was one of the most surreal and psychotic things I've ever seen but what's even more frightening is that he was right. This country has fallen apart so massively that I doubt anything would cause a stir these days. The erosion of our rights, our government torturing and imprisoning innocent people without due process, the destruction and looting of our economy, two massively illegal and unethical wars and labeling a significant portion of the population as potential enemies certainly hasn't caused much backlash.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

Ok so the American government works for YOU, what about the people from other countries who this is affecting?...Are you more important than someone living on Israel, China, Zimbabwe?

An American diplomat commenting on the personalities of leaders all around the world, who records this for any future diplomat dealing with that leader, should be condemned? Or people from third world countries working as sources to help their people should go to hell too because or some other shady dealings of some American officials?

Are you out of your mind? Its so comfortable when your in America, but the world simply doesn't revolve around Americans.

So what if you feel better that you know what your country officials are doing? Does it make the people in the countries affected who rely on America's lives better? Of course not.

edit on 29-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just thought I would share this information with the thread incase it hasn't been said already.

Source

"Secret" is not the highest level of classification, Hrafnsson pointed out. WikiLeaks has no top-secret documents, he said, adding that more than half are unclassified.

He was talking about what wikileaks has. So if you were looking for anything really earth shattering you probably not going to happen from secret documents. I wonder why they have no Top-Secret documents? A bit strange to me.
edit on 11/29/2010 by Everwatcher33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As a long time viewer of the site, I am not sure I expected this to be the thread in which I popped my cherry - but I guess it is.

So what in the world is Wrangel Island? If I sort the CableViewer from Wikilieaks by Country - it obviously shows the most cables with Iraq.....but 7th on the list is Wrangel Island. Can someone educate me as to why this makes sense? Seems random

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pobble

This. Most of the people here want all this knowledge and for what? Nothing. Most people here lack the intelligence or the will to do anything with this knowledge. They just want to be in the "in crowd", it makes people feel special to know something that they weren't intended to know, but unfortunately the people that are here strictly because of that are a lot sadder than the sheep walking around believing everything they see on tv.

You people are aware of what's going on and yet you still do nothing. At least the sheep have an excuse for their inaction.

I couldnt have said it better myself.. People want the truth and now that its here all they can say is "We want Aliens"

People arent understanding that this is the stuff we normally wouldnt have access to for another 50 + years

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Your right, but now the things we "talk" about and theorize, are truths in front of our faces!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GridIron
As a long time viewer of the site, I am not sure I expected this to be the thread in which I popped my cherry - but I guess it is.

So what in the world is Wrangel Island? If I sort the CableViewer from Wikilieaks by Country - it obviously shows the most cables with Iraq.....but 7th on the list is Wrangel Island. Can someone educate me as to why this makes sense? Seems random

Welcome to the forum

Wrangel Island along with many others are still apart of a diplomatic debate on whether or not US or Russia owns it.

The U.S.-USSR Maritime Boundary Agreement was signed in 1990. The negotiations that led to that agreement did not address the status of Wrangel Island, Herald Island, Bennett Island, Jeannette Island, or Henrietta Island, all of which lie off Russia's Arctic coast, or Mednyy (Copper) Island or rocks off the coast of Mednyy Island in the Bering Sea. None of the islands or rocks above were included in the U.S. purchase of Alaska from Russia in 1867, and they have never been claimed by the United States, although Americans were involved in the discovery and exploration of some of them
Source: Status of Wrangel Island and Other Arctic Islands

Also Greenpeace are active there.

There is also a weather station there.
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

What are you even talking about kid? Whos going to hell?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

OK after reading all this truth, what do you want to do with it?

I think what people on this site are saying is that OK it wasnt supposed to be seen for 50 years, but in 50 years, if i suddenly got hold of a document that said that Putin is also know as Alpha Dog, The German Chancellor is risk aversive, and Sarkozi is thin skinned, what would I do with that?

Or even more so, who would care.

Most of this information is not worth acting on, as most of it is not worth knowing.

The saudi stuff is interesting with Iran and all, but to be honest, Im sure Ive read that most of the middle east want rid or f the iranian regime anyway, so whats new there too.

Its name calling from diplomats, and there going to be a bit of back stabbing at the next shin dig...

I bet you nothing will come of this, as its not that earth shattering.

So why people are asking for stuff on Aliens, because that would ne news wouldn it.

And you also got to remember, that this has been building up to this for quite a long time, so individuals wanted news out of this that interest them, and in some cases Aliens is their preffered subject.

edit on 29/11/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/11/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

God you people are stupid........

Have you read any of the actual wikileaks? No thats why your saying its unimportant and involves nothing more than quarrellings...

read some of these key points and tell me they are not important to the WORLD..
The Guardian Wiki Points

Go talk on a different forum, this is for people that think this is big news, not idiots that don't have the capability to read and then form their own opinions

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I didnt say it wasnt all interesting news, but the majority of it isnt, as I pointed out.

Although this maybe big news to those who think its big news, but Im saying that nothing will come of this, and it will all be lost in the media by the middle of December.

Its either a ploy to create as much problems in the middle east as possible, without America being in there causing it, or its a way of trying to degrade all conspiracies, as this is the worst that happens in the world at the moment, so dont look into anything more.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OK i went to that site, and the big news points being:

America doesnt like Iran for having nuclear weapons

America doesnt like its leader

UK is going to show USA how to be good at diplomacy

Saudi Arabia doesnt like Iran either

None of that is news I'm sorry, why dont you read through what has been talked about on ATS on this subject over the last couple of months, and you will see that its not news.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Joehio

Yes you can see the sign of a well prepared campaign of propaganda has done for decades in this nation, remember the movie The running man the TV host try to explain that it was all about ratings and for decades propaganda and the government has told the people, what to eat, what to drink, what to buy and how to dress, well just think about it, what is happening to this nation for the last few decades.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It has "been in front of our faces all along", it still in "front of our faces", now, what difference doesn't makes?

No a darn difference. . .

We know the corruption in our government, the give away of tax payer to the wealthiest in the financial, is been one year since the biggest give away of tax payer dollars, is been almost 7 years of two unnecessary wars, do you see any changes about controlling government? do you see the mass protest and people outraged at Washington beside the INTERNET sites like this one?

At the end it makes no difference . . . but for those using the wikileaks example to oppress freedom of speech, they will get away with making more laws to suppress the INTERNET, they win we lose.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

If you were reading any of it, you would know i have been participating in the Wikileaks discussions for awhile, and been looking forward to it since it was first announced..

this is why America sucks right now... Right here.. you people that want to look the other way and say, "This isn't aliens!"

Not aliens, but something better.. All the dishonesty in politics is coming out, which means TRANSPARENCY..

Do you enjoy funding wars you never agreed to? Do you like knowing that our troops are killing people for no real reason, aside from greed? Then STFU and help instead of looking the other way...

Probably voted for Obama because he offered change but now that it's here and you gotta work for it, no body wants it...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

We lose because of people like you!

Before, it was just talk, now we have proof................

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Joehio

Yes you can see the sign of a well prepared campaign of propaganda has done for decades in this nation, remember the movie The running man the TV host try to explain that it was all about ratings and for decades propaganda and the government has told the people, what to eat, what to drink, what to buy and how to dress, well just think about it, what is happening to this nation for the last few decades.

I don't know about you Marg, but after seeing that the Saudi royals were pushing for bombing Iran, and considering they rule the most holy nation in Islam, I'm convinced Iran is the enemy. We should bomb them, I mean heck the Saudis want it.. why not? .... Lots of amazing goodies in these leaked cables.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people can't understand this but the reason this leak is important is because all of this is hidden from the public. Just because you happen to do research and already know what is leaked doesn't mean everyone does. A lot of the public is ignorant of how shady governments really are. This leak shows proof, not suspicions, that the governments of the world are just as corrupt as any mob.
As much as I would like some "earth shattering" news I would prefer they take baby steps and release this information slowly. The population as a whole is basically like a train on a single track and the leaks are adding a new track that some might take.

Also remember that only a fraction of the documents have been released so we will have to wait and see if anything better comes out.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Finding the material intersting enough. Taking a step back its very interesting observing the interaction between people in these political circles. Not pleasant.

Its actually pretty depressing. Everybody treats everybody like sh*t. I really am finding it hard to see a reason why the human race should be allowed to continue. If it is allowed continue, surely it will destroy itself?

On another matter, I am not really seeing anything that big that inspired 'Manning' (if he is responsible for this) to take this information and make sure it went public. I don't think its overly important. There is no massive shocks.

Manning is young and I would have expected something really massive to convince him that we all needed to see this. I am thinking there is some massive bombshells to come because of this and seeing as how upset the U.S. have become.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GridIron

Maybe you are on to something here.

the_denv's following explanation seems very lacking:

Wrangel Island along with many others are still apart of a diplomatic debate on whether or not US or Russia owns it.

Also Greenpeace are active there.

There is also a weather station there.

There seems to be nothing there to warrant that amount of cable traffic. A territorial dispute would most likely be cables from Washington to Moscow, no? There are weather stations and Greenpeace all over the place, why aren't those places in the top ten?

There is something important about that place or someone important there. Would make an interesting vacation choice!
edit on 29-11-2010 by AP-Chris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join