It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
You see that SOLD to the papers SOLD is about money people follow the money assange and wikileaks could care less about you or providing the truth WIKILEAKS IS A BUSINESS NOW hiding behind a c1c not-for profit orginization how is it NOT FOR PROFIT WHEN THEY ARE SELLING THEIR SOULS FOR MONEY???

Wikileaks need money like anyone else. They need to eat, pay rent, hosting costs etc.

I am tired of this "look they are getting paid, so that must be a lie or conspiracy" BS. Get over it! What people that do stuff "FREE" are speaking the truth?? Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ongoing update on wikipedia ;

en.wikipedia.org...

* Special intelligence campaigns were run to spy on the leadership of the United Nations including secretary general, Ban Ki-moon and the permanent security council representatives from China, Russia, France and the UK.
* Israel was ready to attack a nuclear-armed Iran.
* Grave fears in Washington and London over the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme
* Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime.
* Devastating criticism of the UK's military operations in Afghanistan.
* Claims of inappropriate behaviour by a member of the British Royal Family.
* Analyses of numerous leaders, including comparing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Adolf Hitler, calling Vladimir Putin an "alpha-dog", Hamid Karzai as being "driven by paranoia" and Angela Merkel as someone who "avoids risk and is rarely creative".
* China was responsible for instigating the June 2010 Google hacking incident

a breakdown of the total leaks is now online also;
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 28-11-2010 by digitalf because: extra link

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm from the UK and haven't seen anything on the news channels yet. But it is on the BBC News website.

This might be a rather poor comparison, but if this gets worse it could be like Watergate but on a much more global scale, repercussions wise.

From a conspiracy minded point of view though, earth shattering information would be to do with UFOs or 9/11 etc.

Is it really neccessary for wikileaks to to tell us what the United States thinks of other countries leaders etc? I'm sure all countries do such things.

I just have a feeling that the only thing which will come out of this is limitations on free speech and internet freedoms. The governments will use this wikileaks fiasco to try to ram new laws through.
edit on 28/11/10 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Files out and being tracked by big brother. HA , HA, HA. I think that they cannot stop it and now this is a threat to stop you from looking and getting the message out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
ongoing update on wikipedia ;

en.wikipedia.org...

* Special intelligence campaigns were run to spy on the leadership of the United Nations including secretary general, Ban Ki-moon and the permanent security council representatives from China, Russia, France and the UK.
* Israel was ready to attack a nuclear-armed Iran.
* Grave fears in Washington and London over the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme
* Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime.
* Devastating criticism of the UK's military operations in Afghanistan.
* Claims of inappropriate behaviour by a member of the British Royal Family.
* Analyses of numerous leaders, including comparing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Adolf Hitler, calling Vladimir Putin an "alpha-dog", Hamid Karzai as being "driven by paranoia" and Angela Merkel as someone who "avoids risk and is rarely creative".
* China was responsible for instigating the June 2010 Google hacking incident

a breakdown of the total leaks is now online also;
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 28-11-2010 by digitalf because: extra link

Damn, I don't see anything there i Disagree with

You realize you guys are going to get us all killed, don't you?

Have fun with that nuclear winter.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
now this doesn't make any sense to me.
The US is concerned that Paraguay is
harboring Terrorists and do very lil about
securing our border with Mexico. Which
Mexico is a direct land route from Paraguay
to the US.

Terrorist Threats and Activities (TERR-2) - Information on the presence, intentions, plans and activities of terrorist groups, facilitators, and support networks - including, but not limited to, Hizballah, Hamas, al-Gama'at al-Islamiya, al-Qa'ida, jihadist media organizations, Iranian state agents or surrogates - in Paraguay, in particular in the Tri-Border Area (TBA). - Indications or evidence of terrorists' or terrorist support networks' involvement with narcotrafficking, money laundering, human smuggling, and/or other criminal activities as a means of obtaining funding or other logistical support; details on companies or organizations linked to terrorists or terrorist activity, to include financial transactions, shipping records, addresses, and associated companies/organizations.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now this might wind up being a CIA funded black op.
If one agency claims there are terrorists there and
another agency does nothing about it. Would that
not be suppression of terrorists ties? Very similar
to what happened on 9/11 when the FBI agents uncovered
terrorists in flight training and the hierarchy dismissed it
or another agency covered it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I just have a feeling that the only thing which will come out of this is limitations on free speech and internet freedoms. The governments will use this wiki leaks fiasco to try to ram new laws through.

And isn't that interesting ?!?! What if TPTB, were orchestrating this behind the curtains... what if this is exactly what they wanted, so they can implement limitations on free speech and internet usage. Blows my mind! B/C this would be a great way to garner public support, depending how the rest of the day goes with these leaks... I guess, we can only wait and see!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The US thinks the UN are terrorists now???

Why would anyone be surprised, that the USA wants to spy on the UN?

Remember that theMogadishu Black Hawk Down debacle - was caused entirely because advance notice of the intended rescue raid, was funneledinto the somalian worlords from the UN in new york via spys operating in that agency against te best interetss of US serving militay personnel.

US military lives were needlessly sent into harms way and lost due to treatchery from spyswithin the UN - who took US intel andsold the US out, directly costing a LOT ofbrave soldiers lives.

The US rangers and special forces etc are undeniably bloody good at what they do - BUT half the requirement for success with limited numbers and resources is the element of surprise,

When your allies at the UN in new york are full of spys and double agents / counter intel ops etc - nd as the pres of the USA - you sendyour best young men into harms way secure in the knowledge that they have a reasonable expectation of success based on their traning and skills and the presumption of secrecy, that they SHOULD achieve the objective and also come home safe hopefully - the debacle that was the Mogadishu black hawk down tragedy - fully supports any decision by the pres to garner whatever info he CAn about the traitor spys working in the UN.

The UNlost anyprotctions it might claim under international law - when it betrayed those brave Rangers in Mogadishu.

If I were Dubya at the time this happened - hell I'd have personally walked into the UN in New Yourk and wasted a few spys with a machine gun myself and be dammned the consequences. (Guess thats why im not a diplomat .... but i was there when hussenfaus went down).

No I am sorry but the UN needs to damn well clean its own house before it can claim any right to be incensed about any directive to spy on its members, after all -sauce for the goose is sauce also for the gander.

The UN should be big boys - they should realise this.

If the UN kick up any stink - kill em all the widows of those rangers will likely clap loudly, as would I!

They bought it on emselves fair n square,

After Mogadishu and Black Hawk Down the UN clearly knew that all bets were off, when it came to the USAand its intel community & they clearly know this - it won't comeas any surprise at all to them in fact they would be fools if they weren't expecting it.

Try and think back to the shock and awe bombing of Iraq - in gulf war 2.

Remember that the Chinese Embassy copped adirect hit?

Sure the diplomatic commuiques blamed the bomber pilots using old Iraqui street maps when the Chinese Embassy was located elsewhere for the "mistake".

Be under no misaprehension - the direct hit and the subsequent loss of all Chinese embassy staff was no accident - i think it's called quidpro quo... probably got about as many Chinese as Rangrs who were lost in the mogadishu betrayal I would say.

So far - theres nothing of any surprise thatany rational individual who fllows current affairsand has a sentient bran in their head couldn't figure out by reading any of the intel sites like debka etc

So, how do we get to the cables etc about us downunder - I want to see if I am mentioned in despatches! ;o)

Cheers

[Mod Edit - remove racial slur]
Mod Note - Please Review Courtesy Is Mandatory

edit on 28/11/2010 by Sauron because: removed racial slur

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This might be a rather poor comparison, but if this gets worse it could be like Watergate but on a much more global scale, repercussions wise.

to coin a term

Globalgate

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I just have a feeling that the only thing which will come out of this is limitations on free speech and internet freedoms. The governments will use this wiki leaks fiasco to try to ram new laws through.

And isn't that interesting ?!?! What if TPTB, were orchestrating this behind the curtains... what if this is exactly what they wanted, so they can implement limitations on free speech and internet usage. Blows my mind! B/C this would be a great way to garner public support, depending how the rest of the day goes with these leaks... I guess, we can only wait and see!

What I thought as well, but they wouldn't have released such sensitive information to do so, I mean censoring it so it makes everyone hate the US is a ridicules plan, I mean do they not care if the rest of the world hates them?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

OMG somebody that actually gets it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta

What I thought as well, but they wouldn't have released such sensitive information to do so, I mean censoring it so it makes everyone hate the US is a ridicules plan, I mean do they not care if the rest of the world hates them?
Remember they had no problem condemning the muslim world in 9/11 and murdering 3k of our own citizens. It's not a far leap to think that they would release some harmful information to gain control over the internet.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So where is the "earth shattering" stuff? All I see is embarrassing items, some harsh opinions and a few questionable things, but really is that all this leak is going to offer?

I am really thinking that Wiki is just another arm of the CIA pretending to be on 'our side' of truth and openness but using this to hide some of the more serious and dark things that go on.

Not impressed.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020

Remember they had no problem condemning the muslim world in 9/11 and murdering 3k of our own citizens. It's not a far leap to think that they would release some harmful information to gain control over the internet.

Yes but that was the Muslim world taking all the crap, this time it's them who is getting all the blame for it, is control over there internet really worth the rest of the world hating you? I mean whats there logic.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

to coin a term

Globalgate

Good one boondock!

I also thought "WikiGate" was clever.

(patented, trademarked and copywritten as of now!)

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
well it seems that Israel is getting
Bunker Busters ready for Iran's
nuke sites. Transfer of the Bunker
Busters aboard the USS Kitty Hawk.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020

Yes but that was the Muslim world taking all the crap, this time it's them who is getting all the blame for it, is control over there internet really worth the rest of the world hating you? I mean whats there logic.
I suspect TPTB would not mind sacrificing the US to gain control over a global communication network. Plus the US has military might so what's the worst that could happen? Maybe a few people will take the heat for this leak and be imprisoned but as far as the US is concerned I doubt anything serious would happen. But all of the documents have not been released so we'll see how damaging it really is.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

to coin a term

Globalgate

Good one boondock!

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

to coin a term

Globalgate

Good one boondock!

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure that if the CIA is behind this, that is a bad thing.
It seems people always assumes that the CIA is the bad folks, mainly because Bush Sr. was CIA and well, ok, was probably responsible for Kennedy getting shot and a whole cascade of mess.

But I do like to think that young men and women that join the CIA ARE intelligent, and if they have access to intelligence, that they will see the big picture of what a corrupt mess our govt. has become.

Who is to say that there are not sides to the CIA that may not even know about each other?
I am not ready to say CIA = BAD in every situation.

I figure there's probaby political CIA, and trenches CIA, and the trenches CIA might just be the good guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join