It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

owni.fr

Copies of tomorrow’s Der Spiegel have been sold in Basel, Switzerland. Contents are being exposed on Twitter by Symor Jenkins.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Seems to be an interesting evening ahead. I'll not translate the german parts as i'm sure there will be english sources soon

From the source:

1. “Obama prefers to look East than West.”
  2. “Obama has no emotion towards Europe.”
  3. “The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”
  4. From the cover, we read that Ahmadinejad “is Hitler”, Sarkozy is “an emperor without clothes”
  5. Karzai is “driven by paranoia”.

owni.fr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-11-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well I have to say, it's about time. I am looking forward to seeing what all the fuss has been about.

It probably won't be as bad as what the hype would suggest but never the less, it should be intersting.

Thanks for posting, s&f of course.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

I have just seen your edit, sounding very interesting already.

If that is what is being discussed already, who knows what else will emerge.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is there any chance that this time we can have "One Thread Only" regarding the impending release of files?
I was lost off last time.
How about a thread titled wikileaks files released then having an alternative thread discussing the origional?
Please?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here we go

WikiLeaks_20100806090243_JPG

WikiLeaks
Regular Photo Size

* Marketplace Advertisements

Wikileaks Release Set For Next Few Hours

Updated: Sunday, 28 Nov 2010, 8:37 AM CST
Published : Sunday, 28 Nov 2010, 8:37 AM CST

(NewsCore) - One of the newspapers working with Wikileaks confirmed Sunday that it planned to publish details of the whistle-blower website's latest release of confidential documents in its Monday edition.

Simon Hoggart, a journalist from The Guardian told the BBC that the publication would be an "embarrassment" for the British prime minister, among other world leaders.

Hoggart was thought to be referring to the British newspaper's printed edition, although online versions of the story could appear as soon as Sunday.

A message on Der Spiegel's website suggests a simultaneous release will come at 4.30pm ET. The German weekly, which has seen the documents, advises readers that its online edition for week 48 will appear exceptionally online at 22:30 local time Sunday.

The United States late Saturday rejected talks with WikiLeaks over the planned release, saying Wikileaks was holding the documents in violation of US law.

The whistle-blower website announced last week it was planning on releasing a larger cache of documents relating to the Iraq War than it did last month, when it published an unprecedented 400,000 classified US documents. In July, it posted 77,000 secret US files on the Afghan conflict.

A statement released by the State Department Press Office late Saturday revealed that WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange had written to the department about the US government's concern that the release of classified documents placed individual persons at risk.

In a response to Assange, released to the media, State Department legal advisor Harold Koh rejected negotiating with WikiLeaks over the documents: "We will not engage in a negotiation regarding the further release or dissemination of illegally obtained US Government classified materials.

"As you know, if any of the materials you intend to publish were provided by any government officials, or any intermediary without proper authorization, they were provided in violation of US law and without regard for the grave consequences of this action. As long as WikiLeaks holds such material, the violation of the law is ongoing.

"It is our understanding from conversations with representatives from The New York Times, The Guardian and Der Spiegel, that WikiLeaks also has provided approximately 250,000 documents to each of them for publication, furthering the illegal dissemination of classified documents."

Koh said publication of documents of this nature at a minimum would place at risk the "lives of countless innocent individuals," ongoing military operations and international co-operation.

"Despite your stated desire to protect ... lives, you have done the opposite and endangered the lives of countless individuals.

"If you are genuinely interested in seeking to stop the damage from your actions, you should: 1) ensure WikiLeaks ceases publishing any and all such materials; 2) ensure WikiLeaks returns any and all classified US Government material in its possession; and 3) remove and destroy all records of this material from WikiLeaks' databases."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Upon release of files will the US be the new world no.1 enemy?

Fabrication and manipulation over the years finally revealing the truth?

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Someone help me answer this i'm very confused....

If all these big countries dont like wikileaks, just like America... why is it still up? it would be hacked.. shut down.. and taken off...

am i the only one who thinks they want it to be running?

or is there something someones isn't telling me?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

you bet they will be world number one enemy, that's for sure.
is it the end of the road for the big super power??

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

If all these big countries dont like wikileaks, just like America... why is it still up? it would be hacked.. shut down.. and taken off...

I don't think anyone is capable of shutting Wikileaks down. They have servers all over the world with encryption and no doubt lots and lots of back-up directories.

I am pretty sure Assange spent quite a few years ensuring that his networks were completely secure before establishing Wikileaks.

I am no expert but from what I have read that pretty much sums up why no one has been able to stop him.

Read up about him.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hacing it, which would be no problem at all, is out of the question. All eyes are on wikileaks right now, and a shut down of the page would only stall the releases by a few minutes. And it would look really bad in the news. And I think they got enough damage control to engange in when the documents are released!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Why are you assuming that every other country's Government has the same beliefs about Wikileaks as the US Government? Not all governments seek to annihilate those they don't like.
second
edit on 28-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A quick look at the map shows most of the cables center on Turkey, Afghanistan and the central asian republics.
My guess is that much of this is going to deal with the heroin trade network.
If governments around the world are getting antsy about this then I surely hope we get some real dirt on our corrupt leadership (insert country name here).
This has got to be better than the Iraq war logs.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

It's a delicate situation no? At one hand you have a relationship you think you want to keep, on the other hand you probably feel like that there should be some kind of consequence for those who did you wrong (the US).

Regardless... I hope they wont come after Wiki leaks for this. I know it would be an easy way out for all, since a unified action against them could clean the slate and they would just have to publicly say "we talked about this and it's all good".
That however would be treason against whatever nation whoever says it comes from and I hope the people in these harsh times would finally be fed up and rise in revolt against these corrupt and greedy sobs, that call themselves leaders in what ever country!

+57 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have no sympathy or compasion for any and all Governments that are directly effected by the information contained in these documents.
Don't get me wrong...I love and cherish my country (U.S), but they will be there own undoing. If there is damning E-mails and sensitive documents that could hurt diplomatic relations abroad, then so be it. It's time elected officials be exposed for the frauds they are. Regardless of outcome I'm sure most of us rather have the truth and face a little national embarasement than continue living a lie our so called elected officials perpetuate every day.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader
  • “Obama prefers to look East than West.”

• “The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”

• Isn't this a paradox? Unless the US means India and Japan by 'East'.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
    link   

Originally posted by highfreq
    I have no sympathy or compasion for any and all Governments that are directly effected by the information contained in these documents.
    Don't get me wrong...I love and cherish my country (U.S), but they will be there own undoing. If there is damning E-mails and sensitive documents that could hurt diplomatic relations abroad, then so be it. It's time elected officials be exposed for the frauds they are. Regardless of outcome I'm sure most of us rather have the truth and face a little national embarasement than continue living a lie our so called elected officials perpetuate every day.

This should be framed and hung on the wall!
    From a citizen point of view, my lust for truth blossoms from the idea and feeling that we are being rediculed everyday, information that we should have a say on withheld and so forth.
    Let them be exposed for what they are!

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by TheDeader
  • “Obama prefers to look East than West.”

• “The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”

• Isn't this a paradox?

I think it means that his focus should be on his relationship or rivalry with the east, rather than spending time on us Europeans since we are checkmate at the moment.
    edit on 28/11/10 by flice because: additional reply

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
    I don't think anyone is capable of shutting Wikileaks down. They have servers all over the world with encryption and no doubt lots and lots of back-up directories.

That's why you call in Sam Fisher.

But this is interesting, very interesting.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
    link   
    I just heard from aljazeera news that wikileaks will start releasing the info at 9 pm GMT can someone confirm this ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
    link   
    No. its not a paradox. Its also not surprising nor particularly a problem.

Europe is in terminal decline. The nations of the east are rising. Its logical for the US to focus there.

One nation above all will be the most important of them all. The only one becoming a superpower, China.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join