It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia urges South Korea to continue to show restraint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Australia urges South Korea to continue to show restraint

newsinfo.inquirer. net

SYDNEY
– Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd Sunday again urged South Korea to continue to restrain itself in the face of "massive provocations" from the North.

Tensions between North and South Korea have intensified since North Korea last week launched a barrage of shells and rockets at a South Korean border island
, killing two marines and two civilians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Looks like Australia is beginning to back south korea .

iv been looking around on the web to see what i can find and read on this . the whole situation is rather frighting to say the least , what if WW 3 does break out from this. and it does become the worst war in history. then what ?

god i hope war doesnt break out but from what iv been reading it may be one .

newsinfo.inquirer. net

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Australia has backed SKorea ever since 45, at least the Ozzy govt is urging restraint on the hawks over there and showing a good example to all the Antipodean Chicken Hawks in Oz.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Can't wait to see what President Lee is going to say in his speech in 11 hours or so. Now I'm half asleep and news flurried right now... But I think I heard Lee say 'no more talks' or something like that (China demanded South Korea continue the six-party talks). So, I have a feeling, his announcement isn't going to be anywhere near... peaceful. Instead I think he is going to make some huge threats and even take some action, not militarily though, he doesn't have the balls. He's just going to cut off aid to North Korea or something like that I bet (unless he already did that).
edit on 28-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

iv been looking around on the web to see what i can find and read on this . the whole situation is rather frighting to say the least , what if WW 3 does break out from this. and it does become the worst war in history. then what ?

god i hope war doesnt break out but from what iv been reading it may be one .

newsinfo.inquirer. net

I think most countries would back SK , glad the aussies are.

Wouldn't be much of a war, I think it would be a hell of a lot of nukes! I think that there is a huge possibility WW3 could break out from this. From what I’ve read I think personally there will be some sort of war. SK won't take the first attack NK made and just lay down.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thing is, SK HAS shown immense restraint. But that restraint only goes so far.

Australia is being a bit slow on this one, and not making any statement of any value.

This is non-news IMO. If NK bombs any SK territory SK has an urgent need to fight back with a measured response.

This is like a Mrs. telling a brawling husband in a bar to calm down, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Australia is being a bit slow on this one, and not making any statement of any value.

This is non-news IMO. If NK bombs any SK territory SK has an urgent need to fight back with a measured response.

This is like a Mrs. telling a brawling husband in a bar to calm down, nothing more.

yeah i think Australia just wants to keep out of it? But sometimes you have to get in on the action as it where. SK can't just stand by and let it happen, make them look weak and defensless.

After the guy he's brawling with hit on and give the Mrs a sneaky kiss haa

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Ohh really? And like you would even know! :rollseyes:

Pretty typical really.

This evenings news our foreign minister -wenton record saying that because of our ANZUS treaty obligations - any conflict in which the USA is involved - wewill fuly support and commit too with outtroops andnavy etc, not that thered be any thanks from the arogantUSA and her people who are so full of themselves as to dismiss us as you just did.

Wake up to yourselves for Christs sake, we were there in WW1 and 2, (long before the "better late than never" USA) as well as Korea and Vietnam - hell we were there in Iraq 1 & 2 and Afghanistan - our damn troops are in Afghanistan fighting and dieing alongside your very own ight this minute, and shedding their blood which runs red just like your precious "american blood" does!

As a rule you Americans are just arrogant and insulting at best - you will likely have few allies left after the Wiki leaks - when the world finds out what yu orealy think of everyone but yourselves.

Best not come here slaging off my countrymen - and nation about which you obviously know SFA, in fact I reckon you couldn't find us in an atlas with the help of a seeing eye dog.

The quintessential Ugly American is on show for all the world to see!

Save your comments about my nation and what we do - lest we don;t come to your sirry assed aid any longer,

Back in WW2, the troops here all said - thats the troubl with the yanks - they are overpaid and overhere!

Thre relationship with us has survivied assholes like you with such dismissive & arrogant opinions in the past, hopefully thistime we will learn our lesson and likethe rest of the world turn our backs on you next time.

You don't deserve the support of decent people and their nations.

In plan words you and your arrogant country suck and you are condemned by your own words.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

what if WW 3 does break out from this. and it does become the worst war in history. then what ? god i hope war doesnt break out but from what iv been reading it may be one .

No other countries besides North and south Korea are going to go to war over a bunch of starving peasants and a raving mad cult with 1950s military technology. If anything, we'll pound them back into the stone age from the air and get rid of the nuisance once and for all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

yeah i think Australia just wants to keep out of it?

Really?

We've done a heck of a lot more of the heavy lifting in recent decades than the UK let me tell you!.

You might do well to remember we are your allies and sent a LOT of our best men to their deaths in ww1 & 2 to save your sorry white pomme asses.

I find your comments quite offensive, but rather typical of the English.

Screw you and the horse you rode in here on!

Cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Okay, I'll bite.

First off, I am not American. I am British. I live in the UK.

Second, I love Australia. My closest friend is living in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney. I lived with her Australian partner for about three years before they left, and he is like a brother to me.

In addition, I am well aware of history and Australian involvement.

You seem to have taken my comments as an insult. And this was not what was intended.

I am merely stating that the comments by the Aus government are not really indicative of any remarkable move. Advising SK to show restraint is meaningless. It's expected political speak and means absolutely nothing to NK, SK or the US.

It's the same as our UK government making any statement on it. They've condemned the bombing and urge restraint too.

It's all any outside government can do, it's predictable, it's expected, and it's meaningless to the general picture.
It's just noise on the periphery.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

man just calm down will ya, that aint gona get you anywhere and certainlly aint gona paint nice brush about the australian people if that what your trying to do......

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ianmoone1

yeah i think Australia just wants to keep out of it?

Really?

We've done a heck of a lot more of the heavy lifting in recent decades than the UK let me tell you!.

You might do well to remember we are your allies and sent a LOT of our best men to their deaths in ww1 & 2 to save your sorry white pomme asses.

I find your comments quite offensive, but rather typical of the English.

Screw you and the horse you rode in here on!

Cheers

Easy dude, I meant no bloody offense by it! Where the hell have I mention any other war or anything to do with your countrymen apart from simply stating that they MIGHT want to stay out of it? If they do I wouldn't blame them either I would think England and most other countries would want to stay out of it apart from obviously America and China.

So these "Comments" was actually one sentence and it wasn't even a god damn statement it was a question. Think about it before you shoot the gun, I am well aware of Australian involvement in the matters you said, that being said I love your country, I am visiting there next year and I have family over there, my aunties husband is Australian.

P.S we are going to hammmmmmer you in the ashes

Originally posted by kristobal

No other countries besides North and south Korea are going to go to war over a bunch of starving peasants and a raving mad cult with 1950s military technology. If anything, we'll pound them back into the stone age from the air and get rid of the nuisance once and for all.

Please don't tell me you are serious with that, I'm sure you thought that when you went to war with Vietnam

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

top topics

join