It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks, Assange, 2010-11-28: ARIJ Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

WikiLeaks, Assange, 2010-11-28: ARIJ Conference

wlcentral.org

Julian Assange joined the Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism third annual conference today via video link. ARIJ is the region's first media network supporting in-depth reporting. The conference is taking place in Amman, November 26-28, 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Now i'm really confused as to what's going on, after being in the dark for the last few days Assange pops up here, presumably just a day before the Diplomatic Cables release.

Could be seeking new friends perhaps.

Note: Wikileaks twitter has been silent for nearly 30 hours now.

Why do I feel like something really big is stirring and that as usual, we're all being left out of the loop. Perhaps US Department of State have managed to silence him, who knows. The new WikiLeaks release should literally be any time now. Predicted time is mid Sunday.

wlcentral.org

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
do we have any idea what time the release is to happen. going on pass releases, have they been timed to coincide with news deadlines?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Wlcentral.org says the Spiegel shoul put them online around 22:00 local time (Germany)

I just stumbled upon some news site who are preparing for the relases (le soir, spiegel, gurd.) an what came to my attention was the increased use of the word history. + the images ( Poster "there's nothing new in the world except the history you do not know", ...)

Another thing: wlcentral.org quotes the Spiegel: "One cable dates back to 1966, but most are newer than"

As far as i know most Wikileaks releases where on the same topic / case / event. I'm concluding that whatever it is started around 1966. (scrolling through history books after diner)

An editor from the Guardian (if i remember correctly said) "the tabloid papers got it all wrong" - now this is a bit more speculatif: the "dirty talk" about politicians that is said to be in the cables is just way to get even the last lazy housewife interested

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Yeah Guardian seems to be indicating that they will be the leading paper to publish anything in hard copy that is to come. Not sure how they managed to guarantee that kind of closure, but i guess it's just a matter of waiting now and hoping.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Wlcentral now says the media is going to release the information bit by bit over the week.
The raw data is supposed to be in tabledata form (i.e.: Name|Date|About|Text)

As the data is going to be release over a week i don't think the 'bomb' will be in tonights releases. Wonder if they are awaiting cyber attacks / blocks or a distraction event. . . if not i can't see no reason for their 'release it over a week' method. Or is anyone else able to explain me this?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Given the wide timeline I'd imagine it contains data on a large number of different topics and relationships. Not like the previous war logs stuff which although deep was narrow.

If so, one big super dump risks lots of important stuff getting lost in the noise as papers can only provide so much coverage in an edition and the 'outrage span' of the public is limited.

If they drip feed there is more time to tackle individual issues in depth. Also the effect of small damaging revelations day after day is cumulative. Like a resonance building.

my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If Julian goes there, he's going to be killed.
Just saying...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

Now i'm really confused as to what's going on, after being in the dark for the last few days Assange pops up here, presumably just a day before the Diplomatic Cables release.

Could be seeking new friends perhaps.

Note: Wikileaks twitter has been silent for nearly 30 hours now.

Why do I feel like something really big is stirring and that as usual, we're all being left out of the loop. Perhaps US Department of State have managed to silence him, who knows. The new WikiLeaks release should literally be any time now. Predicted time is mid Sunday.

wlcentral.org

Relax. It will be timed to the printing presses of the newspapers which are going to release it. Germany and UK will start printing tomorrow's editions before US, I imagine, because of the time difference. So, if it's going to be in tomorrow's papers it will be released sometime late Sunday evening their time.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader
reply to post by punterdeb

Wlcentral.org says the Spiegel shoul put them online around 22:00 local time (Germany)

The International Business Times said, that hints said it was 22:00 GMT, this would be 23:00 in Germany. But German news today all talk about 22:30. I guess, Twitter will go down anyway.

Edit to add: I just took a look at the Spiegel's website. There is follwoing remark:

Aus redaktionellen Gründen ist die E-Paper-Ausgabe des neuen SPIEGEL 48/2010 erst ab Sonntag, 22.30 Uhr, verfügbar.

It says: "For redactional reasons the e-paper-edition of the new SPIEGEL 48/2010 will not be available till Sunday, 22:30 o'clock."
edit on 28-11-2010 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
If Julian goes there, he's going to be killed.
Just saying...

He does that every time and announce it.

- "Hey, i'll be there, come get me!"

But nothing ever happened. Why? Your guess is probably as good as mine and I don't think the insurance file has anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well Asange is a smart cookie, he goes to the money to find protection. we can now drop any ideas of the Saudi's being part of this leak right?

top topics

join