It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the FREEMASONS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ok this might sound a bit childish, but the other day we saw the new Harry Potter movie at the cinema. I really enjoyed it as I have seen the movies from day one.

In this one I just happened to pay attention to something, the logo for the 'ministry of magic' which is the magic kingdom's government in the story, has a logo, and it looked very familier. Once I got home I gave it some closer scrutany, and came up with this:

Ministry of Magic logo:

The freemasonry symbol:

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If you look for something like that, you will find it.

There is no connection between the Freemasons and Harry Potter.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

There is no link between the Masons & harry Potter - Period. If you believe this to be wrong please provide the names of the masons involved, their lodge(s) dates when this alleged plot was hatched , documentation or video evidence to prove your case. If you cannot your thread is a fail. "Gut feelings" or "I just have a feeling" don't count for Jack!. I am not a Mason!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

actually if you watch the new one the story about the cape eye and wand its a triangle with a line running down it and the eye is in the middle. i couldn't understand why the line in the middle but then it made sense when you look at a pyramid dont believe me heres a link www.etsy.com...
edit on 28-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
personally i think your link to the free masons is kind of a reach but the instant i saw this in the movie i knew it was odd
edit on 28-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by the British author J. K. Rowling. And where is the Grandlodge (UGLE) placed? By the way Freemasonry is often associated with the Western Hermetic Tradition. A Perfect source for the Harry Potter design set and yes very British.

A little Trivia: "American Freemasons use a "G" as Symbol."

edit on 28-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissGurl

Oh, so just because the Freemasons have their Grand Lodge in the UK means that Harry Potter must be connected to it?

What do you even think the Freemasons would want in dealing with this movie franchise? They're a fraternal brotherhood. NOT a Satanic cult.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
These "Freemasons are a Satanic Cult OMFG LOLZ" are what makes ATS look bad. I love this site to death, but this is truly the most pathetic attempt at getting people to hate the Masons I have ever seen.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was only half interested till I saw the over - the - top backlash and attacks made at the OP.

The way they totally dismiss the claims automatically without even giving it a second thought.

That is what got me interested in the thread. It seemed, out of place really.

Had the reaction of been more toned down, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.

But now I am intrigued.

Harry Potter is packed full of symbolism, and is a perfect venue to plant ideas into the mainstream.

So yes, I do agree that the movie does appear to have hidden ulterior motives.

There are many secret societies or orders, so it would be difficult to just jump to the Masons off hand. Though I won't dismiss it entirely especially considering the way people scream up and down how you are not suppose to think dirty thoughts about them. It's just super suspicious.

It definately has intrigue.

Thanks for sharing your theory about that movie. It goes to show you how easy it is to find symbolisms, subliminal messages, political agendas, etc in TV/movies/music.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I don't know if you have mental issues or if you can't read. But I have written its a great source to get symbols and so far I know, its not a secret that they try to get a permission for the Great Freemason Hall. The most locations of the Movie are in England to keep it "British".

the Location List:

• Post Close 12, Winkfield, Bracknell RG12 9FG
  • Leadenhall Market
  • King's Cross
  • Goathland
  • Glenfinnan-Viadukt
  • Alnwick Castle
  • Divinity School (Bodleian Library, Oxford)
  • Kathedrale von Gloucester
  • Bodleian Library, Oxford

The whole Movie has a British design set, Freemasonry is very British and well accepted. And that's why some Symbols maybe look familiar to some People. That is nothing special, No conspiracy. Its only a Movie nothing more and nothing less.

edit on 28-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKingpin

C'mon man this is a place where people can drop their crazy ideas and discuss them with other people; not get ripped on for them.. It's where our theories get debunked by each other; so instead of being a wang about, just point out the flaws and move on

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez
Ok this might sound a bit childish, but the other day we saw the new Harry Potter movie at the cinema. I really enjoyed it as I have seen the movies from day one.

In this one I just happened to pay attention to something, the logo for the 'ministry of magic' which is the magic kingdom's government in the story, has a logo, and it looked very familier. Once I got home I gave it some closer scrutany, and came up with this:

Ministry of Magic logo:

The freemasonry symbol:

Any takers?

More Masonic references in Harry Potter: the Parseltongue(the Snake Language) are indeed the Language that Reptilians uses

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

How are Masons connected to reptiles?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I am not Insane enough to answer this question but I can show you a guy who is, enjoy it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissGurl

Snake noise again, lol oh man... Thank u for that, i needed a good laugh..

from now on when i see XXX i will think "Snake noise, again."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OKAY.

Just because some people decided to enter a clearly misguided thread with nothing but logical thought patterns and half a mind to calm the crazies here doesn't mean that they are completely ignoring all the "evidence" the OP supposedly gave us.

The Freemasons are a gentleman's club, and unless you can provide any empirical evidence that they're not, I won't believe otherwise! And so far, no one has given me any evidence apart from things that they think they see, but would have no idea about if they hadn't cemented all these symbols into their minds. Sure, product placement is prevalent in movies, but I see no reason why the Freemasons would feel the need to advertise their organization in this movie.

You are all sounding like crazy conservative Christians who think that Harry Potter teaches Satanic witchcraft, and therefore must be linked to all these "Satanic" organizations. Drop it. My family have been involved with the Freemasons for generations and there is nothing wrong with them. I take offense at anyone claiming to know about their "secret evil history".

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I was only half interested till I saw the over - the - top backlash and attacks made at the OP.

The way they totally dismiss the claims automatically without even giving it a second thought.

That is what got me interested in the thread. It seemed, out of place really.

Had the reaction of been more toned down, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.

But now I am intrigued.

Harry Potter is packed full of symbolism, and is a perfect venue to plant ideas into the mainstream.

So yes, I do agree that the movie does appear to have hidden ulterior motives.

There are many secret societies or orders, so it would be difficult to just jump to the Masons off hand. Though I won't dismiss it entirely especially considering the way people scream up and down how you are not suppose to think dirty thoughts about them. It's just super suspicious.

It definately has intrigue.

Thanks for sharing your theory about that movie. It goes to show you how easy it is to find symbolisms, subliminal messages, political agendas, etc in TV/movies/music.

Great post. You said what I was thinking. We used to get bombarded with cries of 'anti-semite' when Israel gets criticised. Now, say anything about the Masons and they all pile in accusing and shouting. I too find it suspicious.

In fact, it is impossible for any Mason to assert that all Freemasonry is beyond reproach - because they have no way of knowing what goes in in many of the sub sects and super elite sects within their organisation.

They use very familiar tactics - proof, proof, proof. I have yet to see any proof that many areas of Freemasonry is not rife with corruption....
edit on 28-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yet to see proof that it is either, an for some people making accusations due simply to suspicion is a indicator of paranoia.

An example of your statements would be the classic "When did you stop beating your wife?"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Yet to see proof that it is either, an for some people making accusations due simply to suspicion is a indicator of paranoia.

An example of your statements would be the classic "When did you stop beating your wife?"

1. Please show me where I am making an accusation.

2. "When did you stop beating your wife?" Only illustrates the point you think you are making IF there is no pre-existing knowledge that wife-beating had previously taken place. If such pre-existing knowledge does in fact exist, the question is perfectly valid. In this case, many statements have been made by ex-Masons about their experience of corruption and downright evil in Freemasonry.

In a Court of Law situation, as you will be aware, such witness statements would be considered valid evidence as opposed to simple denials.

I am suspicious of a certain state of mind by someone who must be aware that such statements exist, but simply pile in with blanket denial, or with demands for the kind of proof they know would simply not be available. I'm afraid to me this is redolent of 'cult' attitudes.

It is pretty much impossible for any mason to know everything that goes on in all the various 'lodges' and 'rites', subs-sections and branches within Freemsasonry because of the structures of the FM organisation itself, and because of its rules and regulations and levels of secrecy and oaths of loyalty relative to all the many sections, subsections, branches, etc.

There is plenty of evidence available through a simple google search, should you wish, that there are corrupt individual Freemasons, corrupt groups of Freemasons and there are testimonies from previous members that very serious corruption exists in some parts of Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

1. Please show me where I am making an accusation.

You stated that:

They use very familiar tactics - proof, proof, proof. I have yet to see any proof that many areas of Freemasonry is not rife with corruption....

If you didn't mean it in that manner, I'm sorry but that's how i read it.
People keep accusing Freemasons of things, and then use those claims to back up further claims.

2. "When did you stop beating your wife?" Only illustrates the point you think you are making IF there is no pre-existing knowledge that wife-beating had previously taken place. If such pre-existing knowledge does in fact exist, the question is perfectly valid. In this case, many statements have been made by ex-Masons about their experience of corruption and downright evil in Freemasonry.

Which are claims not backed up by evidence, and many though admittedly not all, of these people who make these claims have some very questionable backgrounds.

In a Court of Law situation, as you will be aware, such witness statements would be considered valid evidence as opposed to simple denials.

No, it stands as innocent until proven guilty, and eyewitness testimony is being removed from courts due to it's inherent unreliability.

I am suspicious of a certain state of mind by someone who must be aware that such statements exist, but simply pile in with blanket denial, or with demands for the kind of proof they know would simply not be available. I'm afraid to me this is redolent of 'cult' attitudes.

If you will, I've spent so much time here seeing Freemasons accused of so many different things, and then like I said earlier, seeing these accusations used as evidence of further accusations, I find it rather redundant.

I don't see it as cultish, I see it as the equivalent as, has happened to me, attempting to prove I don't worship Satan.

It is pretty much impossible for any mason to know everything that goes on in all the various 'lodges' and 'rites', subs-sections and branches within Freemsasonry because of the structures of the FM organisation itself, and because of its rules and regulations and levels of secrecy and oaths of loyalty relative to all the many sections, subsections, branches, etc.

The thing is, as many of the Masons on this site have stated, teh request for secrecy is restricted to the modes of recognition and the rituals themselves.
Both are available in print.
A Masons' oath is to his family, his country, and his religion, not to Masonry. One of the oaths particularly forbids against concealing the crime of another Mason.

There is plenty of evidence available through a simple google search, should you wish, that there are corrupt individual Freemasons, corrupt groups of Freemasons and there are testimonies from previous members that very serious corruption exists in some parts of Freemasonry.

Problem, is that brings up Freemasonrywatch, a freemasonry hate group, or David Icke, who aside from in my opinion being insane, has also been revealed as having purport rated many hoaxes.
Or just any number of sites that used quotes from Taxil's Hoax or out of context bits, like those posted here and in other threads from Morals and Dogma.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Perhaps it is secretly linked to the 'Kentucky Justice Cabinet'

Or this attorney firm?

No I don't think it's linked to the Masons, the only similarity between the logos is symmetry, the design isn't even close.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join