It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea reports Artillery fire near island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

South Korea reports Artillery fire near island

news.sky.com

South Korea's military has reported the sound of artillery fire near Yeonpyeong Island which was attacked last week by North Korea.

One artillery round was heard from a North Korean military base north of the sea border dividing the two Koreas, an official with South Korea's joint chiefs of staff said.

He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing official rules.

No shells are reported to have landed on Yeonpyeong.

Residents of Yeonpyeong Island were ordered to take shelter in bunkers and safe areas because of the sound, he said.

The evacuation order was later lifted but authorit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Just saw this on skynews.... the latest atillery fire.....

Looks like its definately going to start very soon.... tensions are high and missiles are ready to go.... American troops massing on the Border with China accoring to the report.

I think this could well get going......

Bad news for all onlookers, bystanders and innocents

news.sky.com

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think it was their own...

I know i know but they say a single shot and if you notice my thread right below yours, SK fired an artillery piece by accident.

edit on 11/28/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not yet...

I think Kim will wait for the wargames to be over and then attack; if China can't smooth everything over of course

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Looks like its definately going to start very soon.... tensions are high and missiles are ready to go.... American troops massing on the Border with China accoring to the report.

news.sky.com

Where did you get that little gem of info? This would be on a whole new level if American's were really massing on the border. According to who? Really please don't make stuff up to sensationalize an already tense topic.

The reality is the the word 'American' doesn't even feature in the article you site.

Also there a 'd' in according and an 'r' in artillery.
edit on 28/11/2010 by who-me? because: the

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ummm. I call BS. I read the article, AND watched the latest report on SKY1 TV, and nowhere did it mention American troops "massing on the Chinese border." There is NO WAY American troops can be massing on the Chinese border - North Korea is in the way. Also, the only other countries adjacent to China where there are American forces are a small sliver of Afghanistan, and Kyrgyzstan where we have a very minimal troop presence. If American forces DID cross the border into China from one of those two countries, they would have to cross the Taklamakan Desert at it's widest point - a distance of 600+ miles - just to reach the interior of China, and even when they crossed the desert they would STILL be a good 2,500+ miles away from North Korea.

Geography: It's a wonderful thing. You should look into it.

Cheers,
O.C.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well said......

I get tired of some 'fool' trying to be sensationlist and induce 'fear', it's pathetic....!!

Geography is a wonderful thing and not too hard to understand.... I hope the meat heads go out and get an atlas for Christmas this year...
Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I already posted that link your a bit late, i posted it in a similar thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

hi mate,

quick question, is that a weimeraner in your photo?......

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?

news.sky.com

Where did you get that little gem of info? This would be on a whole new level if American's were really massing on the border. According to who? Really please don't make stuff up to sensationalize an already tense topic.

The reality is the the word 'American' doesn't even feature in the article you site.

Also there a 'd' in according and an 'r' in artillery.
edit on 28/11/2010 by who-me? because: the

Hi, i'm sure i heard the reporter in China saying that the Americans have no choice but to start massing on the borders!!

Take another listen.....

Also, those spelling mistakes are just minor errors, i usually do spell correctly, sometimes when posting on boards, letters are missed out which i typed

top topics

join