It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Equality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
All men were created to be Gods own image! Thats ib geniss.
Its the one true answer to that we are created as he himself. TO LOVE
all brothers and sisters Gay is what we are suppose to be God loves all gay included
edit on 11/28/2010 by Protector18328 because: Bad spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't think I'm understanding your original post correctly here. People are going to come out different ways sexually. Just as long as everyone is happy I can be happy.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Honestly the issue of gay rights is an issue of human rights. It's not something that should even be discussed because it's SELF EVIDENT.

Politicians like to use it as a wedge issue to distract people from issues that matter. It's not an issue that matters because it's not an issue, or shouldn't be at least.

Not to take away from your thread. Actually I'm helping your thread... I think.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Protector18328

I am a heterosexual man who often catches massive, massive heat for defending gay rights here on ATS... But when the Bible speaks of loving one another... I think it means in ways that don't evoke sexuality.

I love many of my male friends and relatives... I just don't LOVE my male friends and relatives...

~Heff

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Jeez kid, if you are going to post a thread then please use proper spelling.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Segador because: Thank you for the spelling fix, I always assume the people who type like that are children.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Not sure why you "catch massive heat." ATS seems to be pretty open and understanding. Gay or straight, if you wear an aluminum foil hat, you're part of ATS.

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Protector18328

I am a heterosexual man who often catches massive, massive heat for defending gay rights here on ATS... But when the Bible speaks of loving one another... I think it means in ways that don't evoke sexuality.

I love many of my male friends and relatives... I just don't LOVE my male friends and relatives...

~Heff

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Sorry i fixed. I was typing at the speed of mind
edit on 11/28/2010 by Protector18328 because: wrong

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
parhaps one should just ask jesus what they did with john and thomas and how they felt for one and other ,

he is the cornerstone of x tian dogma ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Stick around and watch... This issue tends to be very divisive and difficult on ATS. These things tend to get heated about page two or three!

Now to make this post on topic I interject the notion that having the capacity to accept gay people as they are, with love and without fear that "the gay" might be contagious or something... That would qualify as Biblically acceptable and mandated "love".

Being true to our own natures, whichever they may lead us, is to be true to that "still, small" voice that we all tend to answer to.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Not sure why you "catch massive heat." ATS seems to be pretty open and understanding. Gay or straight, if you wear an aluminum foil hat, you're part of ATS.

You're joking right?

Not one week goes by where we have a thread bashing gays, religious based or otherwise. This place has some of the most ignorant people i know of

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

What are gat rights? what will you allow gays to do that they wernt able to do before. Gay marrige aside its not rights it freedom to be what you are and not be persecuted

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Protector18328
All men were created to be Gods own image!

Then why don't we all look the same?

Gay is what we are suppose to be

If that was true then how come women give birth after being made pregnant by men?

Nothing of what you say makes sense and I think you are just trying to justify insecurities about your own life. If you are genuinely happy about being gay, good for you. I am not gay, are you saying that's bad for me?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Yes.

And I think that someone said "judge not that thou shalt not be judged" or something like that.

-v

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yep. But the on the same time there are some pretty smart heads around. I guess the spectrum of intelligence is well represented on ATS.

-v

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
First off, please learn how to format your posts. Not trying to be mean, just that we have a level of standards on ATS and that's what makes this place great.

Originally posted by Protector18328
All men were created to be Gods own image! Thats ib geniss.

Quite possibly, don't see what that has to do with being gay though.

Originally posted by Protector18328Its the one true answer to that we are created as he himself. TO LOVE

I love everyone, gay or straight. We're all humans here trying to figure out the meaning of our lives.

Originally posted by Protector18328all brothers and sisters Gay is what we are suppose to be

Here's where I strongly disagree with you. For starters, no we're not all "suppose to be gay". Opposites attract, that's a very common law within the universe. From magnets to personalities. You can't force two negatives of a magnet to attract one another without doing something to it, like glue them together.

That's sort of the way I feel about homosexuality. I'm not convinced it's a "natural thing". Just because animals do it, doesn't mean we should be doing it. Animals also eat their young... I personally feel that homosexuality might be a disorder. Like anorexia. It's not the persons fault, but certain things caused them to act the way they do.

Now if you're gay, that's cool. If it's either by nature like many claim, great. If by choice, ok. But claiming that God created us to be gay is totally insane. If he did, the human race wouldn't have gotten very far would it? And if you're a Christian (or at least a religious person), why did God create women? Why don't men have reproductive organs capable of birthing if we're supposed to be gay?

My 0.2 and see my signature.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The only part of existence, where mankind has acchieved any 'common sense' (literally speaking: 'common'=collective and 'sense'=sensible) is on the visible part of the universe. Practically everybody, globally and historically, acknowledge e.g. gravity as a basic natural law in this our relative reality.

'Local' cosensus (a kind of distant cousin to common sense) is on the other hand often clearly deranged and invents narratives describing both the visible and invisible universe; and sometimes even beyond that. When common sense and cosensus clash concerning the visible part of life, errant cosensus-models don't stand a chance, except with solipsists and the severe mentally disturbed.

And if a cosensus model is errant concerning the visible part of existence, it would be a shot in the dark to expect it to be correct on the invisble part (though it ofcourse could happen through pure chance). After all it's easier to be sane concerning the obvious; if you can't even do that, it does suggest something about your mental status.

So .... models based on 'agent provocateurs' in the form of legged snakes, testing the reliability of slaves and describing a geocentric universe; other models, where rain is the tears, or something less savoury, of a 'god'; models including omniscient mice called Henry (my favourite) .... are questionable, to say the least.

Now common sense includes logic in our relative reality of the mundane world, where causality can be counted upon and pragmatism is a good measuretape, and logic can be used to form a functional moral system through utilitarian philosophy: "I'll scratch yours, and you'll scratch mine".

Now believe it or not, some months ago I had one of my recurrent confrontations with one of our resident closet fundies, and this person openly called me a liar, because my point was, that I can get along with life, people and myself using utilitarian morality. This opposed to fire-and-brimstone fascism, where EVERYBODY (compulsary and for their own good) are supposed to suffer in this visible life to collect bonus-points for the next invisible one.

Now everyone has the right to form their own opinions, express them and privately live according to them, and in my opinion it's sane, rational and logic to give homosexuals ALL rights of consenting adults. It's also sane, rational and logic to form a cosensus model called liberal society to ensure this, so the guys in white sheets, burning crosses and ramblings of 'purity' won't find it easy to practise their various mini-holocausts.

Dissidents from this opinion should, if they want to appear sane and rational, go to the wonderful world of quantum-mechanics (a place where logic isn't obvious) and start anti-rights arguments for homosexuals from there. Instead of starting from the Grimm's brothers uncensored tales (still containing all the violence, rape, prejudice etc).

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Re Frontkjemper

You wrote:

"...But claiming that God created us to be gay is totally insane. If he did, the human race wouldn't have gotten very far would it?"

My comment:

"....God created us to be gay....etc"

You (and all us heathens out here) will have a really interesting time coming, if any of your fellow christians with inverse doctrines read this and decide to comment on it.

'God' DID create everything, didn't he? Including the individual, commonly and wrongly called the devil (a conglomorate of several different entities), who is supposed to 'test' us. Testing ofcourse only possible, if mankind has 'free will'. The whole unfortunate incident in Eden thingumajig.

Chronologically uncertain and maybe or maybe not, this 'devil' is a fallen/not-fallen angel or a bureaucrate in the heavenly administration and has maybe or maybe not 'free will' also, and in case of non-free will he is doing the will of your alleged 'god' in his testings (including Job, where thousands of innocents died from a 'bet'). In which case 'god' created gays, who are not 'tempted' to become homosexuals by a free-willed devil, but by 'god' using a zombie-devil.

But darn it and ooops, mankind was originally tested BEFORE it got 'free will'. But as I wrote in my recent post, some people consider logic and causality as unnecessary hindrances on the way to their highly individualized 'truths'.

And then we have the calvinist puritans, with their total predestination model, where there IS no 'free will' and where 'God' DID create homosexuals (for mysterious reasons of his own), so he could condemn them later (for mysterious reasons of his own).

I'm completely aware, that I sound confused in the above, but what I'm actually doing is only to present a few selfcontradictory options in a confused religion.

You also wrote:

"If he did (....create homosexuals, my insert....), the human race wouldn't have gotten very far would it?"

I, Bogomil the querulous, have met quite a few intelligent homosexuals, who have added to mankind's 'getting far', whereas I also have met many homophobes and religious fanatics who have stuck with values two thousand years old. People so stuck in brainwashed attitudes, that not even crowbars and reconditioning will be of any help.

So what DO you mean with 'getting far'? Adhering to your intolerance and insanely violent religion?

edit on 28-11-2010 by bogomil because: Doctrinal confusion can be a bother

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Listen Everyone. It is quite simple, The bible makes a statement; It stated God created man. Since you are using the Bible as a universal control for how man should be the answer is so simple. The one thing God wanted was for mankind to love oneanother. The Bible has numberous references as you well know. You cannot stay in line with the book you thump usless you admit to yourself that God did created man, and man to be brothers (man as a general comcept, Woman Is included) and all brothers to show love and love one another. Love is possible in different forms. God did not specify how he would allow what type of love was acceptable. God created man in his own image. Im not saying God id gay, straight or otherwise. I do state since God created man in his own image ( not a physical reference) God inherently gave man the gift of love. God doesnot distinguish what type of love we may feel. To him there is only love. We decided to break it into pieces and choose the one that you feel is right or best.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You misunderstand the word image. In his image means having the same attributes emotionally and spiritually, sexuality is not the definition of man. To God i believe the emotional and spiritual attributes include all that can be, all that is for he is God and before God there was no man. We dont look the same but we all are able to feel the same feelings and have the faith and beliefs that anyone else can have. Again God does not break love into pieces and telling you its ok to love one way but not another. This is an important fact because God loves us so much it encompasses all love to him there is only one love. ONE love why would you need more.

I have not even touched yet on scientific explainations for God and Religion. There are many things many do not know. If anyone knows what string theory is then you know God has to exist. and if at Least one God existsthe must be a greater God and so on. These are basic ideas and theories behind string theory.

Everything happened. there are infintite strings or universal paths we travel, each decision puts us into a different thread. I wont bore you anymore with this.
edit on 11/29/2010 by Protector18328 because: Incomplete

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In what way are gays not equal?

I do not get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join