It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create super photon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Scientists create super photon

www.dw-world.de

Scientists in Germany have created whats called a bose einstein concentrate....
This is a super photon actaully and has uses in miro chips and who knows what all else....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Heres just another hint at the next generation of quantum world stuff...
Though these discoveries and experiments may seem rather far fetched and kinda lrelevant to life in the 21 century..
They are at the cutting edge of our minds grasp and the results stemming from any one discovery seem to snowball into whole realms of inventions and radical things becomming possible nowadays...
It gives one the feeling of standing on the edge of a diving board kinda springy but sort of breathless too.....
If anyone can see something that may come from this discovery please throw it in the mix....

www.dw-world.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

first comes photon then super atom then the splitting of said super atom lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by stirling

first comes photon then super atom then the splitting of said super atom lol

We don't have (or probably ever will) have the technology to split a photon given that is behaves as a wave and particle, plus you would still have to split just one atom because all they did was just stack many photos on top on one another. It would be like trying to split a pile of marbles one on top of another with a steak knife. But there are more sinister application for a super proton: it would make a very powerful laser, the same way it could make electronics run loads faster. I could see both applications being built: a satellite death ray powered by ultra-fast instrumentations.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did you mean to say photon instead of proton?
I was wondering if those lasers would be dual use babies.
Aparently that was the gist of it, they could make lasers with such fine precision rays to inscribe chips with more stuff.I was hoping the giant ones would be not weapon grade gear....
hat else do you think this could mean?Things like rock melting lasers which dont require as much power to run?
I always wanted to cut out my own rock house with a laser cutter...it makes construction that much cheaper and more enviromentally harmonius ...
What other industrial processes could this enhance?
How about laser eye surgery?could this mean better precision eye surgrey??

new topics

top topics

join