It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate the God of the Bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
And this has what to do with aliens, conspiracies, cryptozoology, events in the media, technology, etc.? This is nothing more then religious trolling at best and a transparent attempt to gain points as well as a fickle try at moral supremacy. Please move to BTS as this has nothing to do with denying ignorance.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was wondering why this hadn't been caught yet - they moved a post of mine to a new section before it even had a single reply

Although - I do think it is a bit arrogant to blatently walk in on a conversation that's 5 pages long and say that when you're not a moderator - be it true or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I haven't read the bible except for snippets. The argument that God gave you your free will and now wants you to surrender it back is stupidly illogical.

Jesus seems like a good guy, a little headstrong, but with his heart in the right place. He might win me as a convert to him, but the God of the Bible can quite frankly go to hell. I have no use for him/it.

Jesus is the God of the Bible.

When you give your free will back to Him. In my case it means I can't live and respond correctly to everyone and all situations right. I want His help.

It's very interesting that you said that about free will, it makes me think you have listened to others talk about Him or felt it yourself, because that's something that is a concept concerning God and the Bible.

Try to read the whole thing. The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

women get the SAME EXACT commandment as a mans pots and pans! "thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods....thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife."

DAG! for women everywhere, im sorry.for myself, id like to say to god- dag, those guys made you seem like an a**!

I'm a guy so I shouldn't lust after anther man's wife and try to destroy their marriage so I can have her.

It reverses too, a woman shouldn't want someone else's husband and cause the breakup of a marriage.

Adam and Eve were created to help and love and honor each other perfectly, instead sin caused hardship and envy and strife between men and women. This has been passed on.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
JOnna- youre right...this relaly does have nothing to do with conspiracies......or evn conspiracies in religion, its just a bunch of religion fanatics ranting about their views. THis could, youre right, be a BTS thread. So I shall propose a conspiracy:

Like endron said, even though it was in jest, "we need your money!" every 20 minutes...what for? ive witnessed this myself, as a giant, arena sized church is adding onto its giant lobby, they still need my money. for what??? how much bigger can they get?

personally i think all of these community churches are all in the same getup, i just wondering who they are wiring the money to.

DL- according to the bible and history, women were slaves and unequal. just admit it. the whole adam and eve story is rigged as well. im not saying this like some feminist or somethin, sheesh alot of girls really suck! but really, its a fact. women were slaves and unequal. it starts from thebeginning. if they were equal, why is woman created from man? i heard a legend once, the legend of lillith (no i wont get into it, i know there is already a thread!) in which originally, man and woman were made equal, with no ribs given to create another and it screwed everything over. it sets up the entire bible's hatred toward woman.

[edit on 7-2-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota

We already know your "flipside" view. Every single one of us has already met 10 of you. 10 other Christians that force feed us this same line everytime we tell them to kindly shove it. It's the same every time, "I wanted to get your opinion, and then tell you the truth!"

You sound irritated. If so and you know we are discussing a topic like this why do you visit. You have the right to speak here, that's not what I'm asking. I'm actually glad your responding. It's just if someone started a topic about satan, I probably wouldn't go to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dlbrandt

Originally posted by rwsdakota

We already know your "flipside" view. Every single one of us has already met 10 of you. 10 other Christians that force feed us this same line everytime we tell them to kindly shove it. It's the same every time, "I wanted to get your opinion, and then tell you the truth!"

You sound irritated. If so and you know we are discussing a topic like this why do you visit. You have the right to speak here, that's not what I'm asking. I'm actually glad your responding. It's just if someone started a topic about satan, I probably wouldn't go to it.

why not? id go, i love to hear peoples opinions on different subjects. ive never really thought about satan biut my first image comes to mind as described in lord of the flies. satan is just evil within us. but then again, it might be as true as my god. id actually like to start a conversation about that, its interesting.

question- why was the thought of satan ever created? fear? or to show that god really does rule everything, even evil?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Although - I do think it is a bit arrogant to blatently walk in on a conversation that's 5 pages long and say that when you're not a moderator - be it true or not.

I have an opinion to share, just as everyone else, and do not see the arrogance in expressing it. Just because I am not a moderator does not mean that I can not contribute to the motto and integrity of this site. Perhaps a mod will notice this particular post and place this thread in its proper place. Perhaps it will actually do some good. Who knows?

If you were around long enough to witness the assinine religious flame wars here you would perhaps understand my curtness a bit better. Things have been more peaceful here lately and I would like to keep it that way if I can help.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
If you were around long enough to witness the assinine religious flame wars here you would perhaps understand my curtness a bit better. Things have been more peaceful here lately and I would like to keep it that way if I can help.

Jonna, I dont htink you were being or arrogant at all. Youve got a right just as everyone else. But Ive been waiting for some good old spiritual debate for a while now. SUre, this could be moved to BTS, I wouldnt mind. but I doubt it would be as heated. I dunno, when things are moved people assume they arent good enough for ATS and dont get too serious about it. If a mod feels it needs to be moved, i wont fight it. then again...i didnt make this thread!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

!

apostles asking god,"dude, if youre all loving, why are you condemning these people to hell?" and god replies," because once their sins are payed for, they will join me in heaven, but shhhhh, dont tell anybody, its a secret dude!"

obviously, im paraphrasing

The vatican teaches the concept of purgatory, That's not Biblical. When Christ was on the cross before He died He said, "It is finished". He means the punishment for sin that He bore on the cross, that God required is complete in His death. Nothing else needs to be done to attain salvation, accept belief in what Jesus already accomplished.

I've never belonged to the catholic faith so my answer is from the outside looking in, but I have looked into what they believe.

They teach no one goes directly to heaven not even the most faithful catholic(the Bible teaches that for a christian, absent from the body present with the Lord.) They say catholics go to purgatroy to finish "suffering" for their sins. You could be their 5 seconds then proceed to heaven or be there 500 years and then go to heaven. (Like I said before Jesus tells us that what He did on the cross was enough to pay for sin. So faith in Him alone is payment for sin.)

Like I said I've never been catholic, but if a priest(who is to represent God's truth) says to me no matter what your going to purgatory for an unspecified time for your sin, that's a bummer. It also gives the impression that Jesus wasn't quite strong enough to conquer sin, we need to help out a little. Completely unbiblical. People think some sins are "fun", so if I'm led to believe I'm going to purgatory anyway, I might as well have some "fun" because I'll eventually get to heaven. This is not Biblical. When a christian comes to faith in Christ, He renews our mind and spirit. We look at sin differently, we don't want to sin. Plus we know what sin caused Jesus, His life.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

good for you r!

heres a quote you m ight like:
"the only problem with christianity is the christians!"

Actually there's some truth in that quote. Don't judge Christianity by me, I can still fail. Make Christ the model you look to.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Like I said I've never been catholic, but if a priest(who is to represent God's truth) says to me no matter what your going to purgatory for an unspecified time for your sin, that's a bummer. It also gives the impression that Jesus wasn't quite strong enough to conquer sin, we need to help out a little. Completely unbiblical. People think some sins are "fun", so if I'm led to believe I'm going to purgatory anyway, I might as well have some "fun" because I'll eventually get to heaven. This is not Biblical. When a christian comes to faith in Christ, He renews our mind and spirit. We look at sin differently, we don't want to sin. Plus we know what sin caused Jesus, His life.

Wiat, Jesus wasnt strong enough? yeah, because he was a human! The VATICAN COUNCIL made him divine. But if by thinking, "I might sin, but by loving Jesus I will go to heaven" is just a rewording of " I might as well have some "fun" because I'll eventually get to heaven." like you said. And saying Jesus descended is not "completely unbiblical." Its not less biblical than saying Jesus was divine. Its all created by the vatican. No matter what your branch of Christianity, its all Catholicism, just less strict. Didnt Jesus descend for 3 days...THEN go up to God? (hint:Good Friday..1...2...3...Easter) True, it is a Catholic thing, but then again, I was raised Catholic.

Sin didnt cause Jesus' death, getting caught did! PLus, I mean this completely unoffensively, most Christians really just subconciously accept Jesus for that exact reason! all these churches today say "ACCEPT JESUS AND YOULL GO TO HEAVEN!" so people think...hey...i can do whatever i want but if i love jesus......hey i can be a total jerk..but if i love jesus.....etc etc etc. maybe not out loud, or even conciously, but when somebody promises somethng like heaven, people begin to get greedy.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

good for you r!

heres a quote you m ight like:
"the only problem with christianity is the christians!"

Actually there's some truth in that quote. Don't judge Christianity by me, I can still fail. Make Christ the model you look to.

thats really not what the quote means...its supposed to me mean. haha! basically its saying that the whole "love everybody and pray alot" is a good idea, but christians are prejudiced jerks. thats what the quiote is really syaing.
no offense, of course

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

no...it really doesnt. if you listen to your youth minister, then yes we are all children of god. but if you read the bible, which is what we are talking about , im talkin king james)

*****we need a religion mud pit, because this could get nasty! hahahhah****

[edit on 7-1-04 by Scat]

I still differ with you, I have been studying the Bible consistently and deeply for 11 years. It means a reverence for Him from a christian viewpoint. Now there is a flipside. God is going to judge the unsaved someday. The description of this judgement in the Bible is something to fear.

We are born away from God, we become His child at salvation. If any minister tells you otherwise he is not being faithful to what the Bible really says. I'm talking King James too.

Sin has caused men and women both to be treated wrong. There have been both men and women slaves. God loves women and men the same. If I(still in my fallen flesh) can love my 2 boys and 2 girls the same then God who is perfect certainly can love men and women the same too.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonnaI have an opinion to share, just as everyone else, and do not see the arrogance in expressing it....If you were around long enough to witness the assinine religious flame wars here you would perhaps understand my curtness a bit better. Things have been more peaceful here lately and I would like to keep it that way if I can help.

You're right, and I apologize - I have a tendency to shoot off at the mouth before thinking about my own true beliefs. Sorry if I offended you.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

no...it really doesnt. if you listen to your youth minister, then yes we are all children of god. but if you read the bible, which is what we are talking about , im talkin king james)

*****we need a religion mud pit, because this could get nasty! hahahhah****

[edit on 7-1-04 by Scat]

I still differ with you, I have been studying the Bible consistently and deeply for 11 years. It means a reverence for Him from a christian viewpoint. Now there is a flipside. God is going to judge the unsaved someday. The description of this judgement in the Bible is something to fear.

We are born away from God, we become His child at salvation. If any minister tells you otherwise he is not being faithful to what the Bible really says. I'm talking King James too.

Sin has caused men and women both to be treated wrong. There have been both men and women slaves. God loves women and men the same. If I(still in my fallen flesh) can love my 2 boys and 2 girls the same then God who is perfect certainly can love men and women the same too.

The quote you used wasnt talking about fearing God at all, it was talking about the subjugation of women.It wasnt talking about being saved. You cant just pick and pull quotes and state that they are about one thing when they are truly about another! Sorry, i DIdnt meanthat in a rude, snippy way. Sin made no one a slave. The slavery I was tlaking about was literal and phsyical, not mental and spiritual. My God of course loves men and women the same. The one in the bible does not. Why? Becaue men wrote the bible and at that time, women were slaves

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Not to mention adding the line, "And that's why we need YOUR money" every 20 seconds.

That's true. God will provide for those who work for Him. There are definitely those who are in it for money. If that's what their in it for then God's patience will run out for them someday.

From a Biblical view, God does not need anybodies money, He owns the universe. He does desire us to learn giving to others(it doesn't have to be a tv ministry). When we give away some of what we have been given, we are learning to put others before ourself. We are learning the difference between needs and "wants".

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What about the people who are in it for their politcal advancement? Is Bush a true Christian by sending men and women (some who have doubts) to fight for "freedom" all over the globe?

Being a military brat, I always found that if christianity deserved a place on the shelf, it would be alongside the military. I mean that both in a political and faith-based approach.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
And this has what to do with aliens, conspiracies, cryptozoology, events in the media, technology, etc.? This is nothing more then religious trolling at best and a transparent attempt to gain points as well as a fickle try at moral supremacy. Please move to BTS as this has nothing to do with denying ignorance.

I could care less about the points, unless I can trade them in for prizes(sarcasm). As a matter of fact those in charge of ATS can take all the points away from me that have come as a result of this. As far as aliens, there is a Biblical view on them.

The dictionary defines a conspiracy as- Act of conspiring for an evil purpose.

I'm saying that supernatural powers lined up against God as well as those who say they they are christians but don't back it up by actions as well as guenuine haters of the God of the Bible, knowingly or unknowingly have and are misrepresenting who the God of the Bible is.

I would like to respond for the other side.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Suddenly I've noticed that we've been shifted to a new board...

I don't see the difference really anyways, besides trying to be nice and orderly for people who like to stick to their topics - I always check what's going down on the boards by going to "MyATS" or "recent posts" - who cares what bracket they fall under...maybe the ATS statisticians...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join