It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred toward American Kids in online games

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
of course, parasites want you in their level.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I play online games, and i only use the mute button when playing americans.
some americans are cool and some europeans are douche's, depends alot on what games you play i suppose.
anyway, its only online, so just play the game and have fun.
edit on 28-11-2010 by neonitus because: eurgh

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I highly recommend Eve Online, find a friendly corporation in game and learn about tactics and economics while you fly spaceships :-)

The monthly fee and the depth of the game keeps the morons away.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well my point on why i said is it a form of terrorism.
is based on the fact.
They flat ask american kid's to do horrible stuff from time to time.
Like mail poison to someone ..ect.ect...
and if you video tape the proof they will let you in there clans or give you in game money.
Some kid's are dumb enough to do this ...just so you know.

I am saying let's say people offered you 500 dollars on here to do something against ya government.
You would stop visiting this site if the mod's didn't stop it right.
of course you would.
it would become a breeding ground for terrorism.

So that's why i said terrorism.

$500?? Where do I sign up. I'll pretend to be an American, let them pay me the $500 and then tell them what a complete drop kick they are for parting with $500 over the internet. lol

I think you missed an opportunity there, to pull a swifty over those smchmoes..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I play Eve too. There's a ton of anti- "american" bigotry there too. Read the forums once in a while.

It's in every game. I find it funny (though sad) that the very bigotry and ignorance they're accusing us of, they're showing in themselves as they spout the rubbish. Look in the mirror =/

Try being female AND from the USA.
edit on 28-11-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

You won't find anything like that tolerated in a AAA mmo game. Find a good one, pay the $15/month, you'll have a much better experience.

Youre kidding right? especially if youre referring to WoW. You may not get anti-American trolling but thats because if youre American, you play on an American server and most Europeans play on European servers but youll still get the typical kid trolling.
Now the Chinese, they play on all servers because they are 18 year old females, named "Cathy" trying to sell you gold then hack your account.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Hmm, havent noticed it but then I probably wasn't looking. Now that you've mentioned it i'll pay more attention.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
WOW your simple. I have played xbox on-line for 7 years mostly halo and COD. And the majority of players you play against are from the USA. When you chat to your opponents with a brit accent guaranteed 1 out 3 games you will get abuse. I.E ugly brit brush your teeth, I'm going to rape your queen we saved you in the war, and for some reason Harry Potter.

But I don't think aw there attacking my Country why is this happening what's going on why do they hate us. My point is your being a drama queen. Its obvious when there is competitive games and your anonymous there's no come backs you can say what you want...yes yes just like when you make a video on utube.. If you leave your comments enabled you will DEFINITELY get someone commenting saying something like I will kill you family or your such a dick. If your old enough to have a kid use some common sense and don't let your kid wear a mic or don't let them go on-line.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This is true. I have been playing the same MMORPG for the last 6 years or so and you are correct with your statements. People will be total D-bags online but once they get reported enough you will never have to worry about them again. The big ban hammer puts them to rest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hey I play this LoL this game are very addict. i dont think its hate toward americans. most main its all talk-trash. I never see more talk trash in LoL than any games I play. its not only on LoL it's everywhere on any games or real life that there are people hate americans.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

never heard this game before checking it out now

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A guy from work asked me over for dinner one weekend. His wife made a nice meal and we all had a good time. After dinner we went into the living room and they put on an online video game. Both of them played but I just watched. After about 20 minutes I excused myself and left. They acted like a couple of vulgar 12 year olds.
She's a CPA and he's a manager. Both are in their late 30's.

I don't know why but being anonymous and interacting with no repercussions turns people into idiots.

I'm kinda glad I never got into that stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Trash talking is part of online gaming, get over it. Tell you kid to come back with witty comebacks of his own. I am not a gamer but in my Navy days had many roommates who would stay up all night playing online games with people all over the world and it was nothing but a trash talking fest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I play more XBOX Live than I care to admit. As soon as i hit "post" on this reply, i am going to play a few rounds of Black Ops before doing the laundry.

I do not plug in my headset. I usually mute every player in the room, too. I don't care to hear what others have to say. I am there playing for me. It is my entertainment that I am paying for, and it is my entertainment that I watch out for.

My son plays a lot, and he has the wireless headset. SOmetimes he will wear it while I play, just because he is funny like that.

I have heard some horrible things said. With COD you only get Americans, but with GTA IV i played against a lot of Brits and Irish (the Irish players, for some reason, were like Gods. Not sure why they were always so good).

If you don't like the interactions of online play, just don't interact.
It is what I do. And I have a blast. Now...if you will excuse me.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I think it's the realm or something. On Runescape and League of Legends and even WoW my son has had many friends from other places like the UK, and Aussie, France, Canada, etc., etc. And he's never had that at all. Like I said pick a different room and people to play with.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Its like this everywhere online, every game on xbox and ps3 is the same alot of it is in good fun though. But thats the attitude of the world, everyone hates Americans. thats fine by me. Whens the last time European youth spilled there blood on my land becuase the men of my country were too weak to do it themselves. Says alot about the American citizen..fight for all, feed them and give them a place to sleep just to be smacked in the face by them tomorrow I'm proud to be an American citizen even though our government sucks
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

You won't find anything like that tolerated in a AAA mmo game. Find a good one, pay the $15/month, you'll have a much better experience.

Youre kidding right? especially if youre referring to WoW. You may not get anti-American trolling but thats because if youre American, you play on an American server and most Europeans play on European servers but youll still get the typical kid trolling.
Now the Chinese, they play on all servers because they are 18 year old females, named "Cathy" trying to sell you gold then hack your account.

No, I'm completely serious. No, I'm most definitely not referring to the most over hyped piece of garbage ever, aka wow. Try playing a decent mmo sometime, then you'll understand.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

edit on 11/28/2010 by minute2midnight because: double post AGAIN

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OH yea, my son tells me about how much they hate Americans , this comes as no surprise to me, don't you read this forum, it adds to the problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am an avid player of leafue of legends. I have two level 30 accounts.

The game is full of TROLLS

Do not take them seriously. Their whole purpose is to piss off and offend people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join