It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's hajj grandmother 'prayed for him to be Muslim'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well alot of Americans in the past viewed America as a christian nation would be more upsetting to a christian to hear that or to find if obama was really or is Muslim and has Islamic roots from childhood, eg going to a Muslim school Celebrating Islamic Holidays during your childhood or teenhood.

OK but how does this prove he is Islamic like you claim?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Seems to me like your a strong supporter of Islam.

I'm a strong supporter of freedom and a vehement denier of ignorance. And this is a typical response for me.

Bias, bigotry, and intolerance offend me most when they are paraded in the guise of "patriotism". But this is nothing new. The same tired rhetoric has echoed for nearly as long as America has existed and has been directed at Catholics, the Chinese, the Irish, African Americans, gays, liberals and any number of other groups. People can drape a flag over their intolerance all they care to, which is their Constitutional right. But I also have the right to call it what it is... Hateful pandering to ignorance.

Your OP makes a statement that Obamas grandmother prayed for him to be Muslim. You took that fact to make implications about our Presidents religious beliefs. This, apparently, has quickly devolved into just another base attack against a religion in general.

Ad hom much?

To be direct in my answer... I don't give two shakes of a rats tail about Islam. But I do care, greatly, for the rights of others to choose to believe as they want to believe. They have that first amendment right... A right put there specifically so zealots could not come along, later, and abridge those rights. This is why freedom of religion is the FIRST amendment. Because freedom of belief is one of the most rudimentary and precious freedom of all.

Ironically you rail against Shariah law and yet, it seems, that given your druthers you'd simply create a Christian version of the same thing.

~Heff
edit on 11/28/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Your not going to believe this

You're right.

My grandmother prayed for me to be a Christian. Doesn't mean I am one.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My mother prayed for me to die.
Does that mean I'm a ghost?

Hmm...
My father's dead, my grandparents are dead, and all my more distant ancesters are deaduns too.

I guess being dead just runs in my family, so there's no way I could be alive, is there ...

edit on 29/11/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Every day this site looks more an more like Storm Front. . Except they've added Muslims to the White Power hit list.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am agree. somone don't no islamic bad. grendmothre are right not know though

understood
edit on 29-11-2010 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
oh and u rite about constution. only other christinism and maybe some jewism. don't no thought jewes dont ride horses back then

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
erm...if this "proves he is islamic", then why would the grandmother pray he convert to islam?

Maybe Allah answered the prayer?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wait. What are you babbling about, OP?

His grandmother prays that he converts to Islam, and this is proof that he IS Muslim? How does that work? Do people normally pray for things that already are? Seems you are grasping at straws here.

"OMG look! His gramma is Muslim! That means he's bad! Vote him out! His gramma prayed in Islam!"

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
From the horses mouth:

"I've been to the same church _ the same Christian church _ for almost 20 years," Obama said, stressing the word Christian and drawing cheers from the faithful in reply. "I was sworn in with my hand on the family Bible. Whenever I'm in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. So if you get some silly e-mail ... send it back to whoever sent it and tell them this is all crazy. Educate."

Source

Moreover... His religion has no bearing upon his ability to hold public office, regardless of what that religion may be.

Perhaps the fact he is commander and chief of the giagantic military machine at war with Islamic fringe groups may bring some questions of loyalty?????????? But y'all want to vote in a "furriner" against constitutional decreee in a "time of War" whatever...we get the govt we deserve.

Source
My prayer for my grandchildren... May they be wise enough to not fall pray to divisive, agenda driven rhetoric and propaganda.

~Heff
edit on 11/28/10 by Hefficide because: typo

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join