It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and times of a bipolar space monkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Greetings ATS, I have finally decided to speak. I hail from Australia, not quite outback but isolated enough. And before anyone takes offence at my name, yes I do have bipolar disorder, and I have to swallow the blue pill every day or I will disappear from this world back into the matrix. I guess one of the primary reasons I enjoy this site is the number of "like minded" individuals who frequent these pages, with well researched and referenced arguements. Although some users seem to be entangled in the mainstream perceptions, there are so many original and thought provoking arguements - something I miss from my days debating literary themes at university. Anyway, just glad to be on the team.

I've been more into books in the past - Velikovski, Lyall Watson, Hancock, Cremo and Thompson to name a few...I have also studied philosophy/history/literature...but now I find the internet essential, the lag between events and their appearing in print is just too great. My pet interest is the schism between religion and science that has dominated scientific views in the West since the 1800's. That is the arguement between uniformitarians and catastrophists, between evolution ex nilho and the divine spark-( and no, I am not religious, I just dont have a problem with "the unknown" ) I believe that at least in the West, politics/religion/science have this bombastic need to ignore truth in order to obey partisan doctrines.

Overall I am just interested in the truth, plain and simple. Being bipolar is in no way a hinderance to my quest, infact being "mentally ill" has its upside too. The downside is having to deal with ignorance and prejudice on a regular basis, the upside being I am free to experience life without the philosophical inhibitions most seem to be burdened with.

Thanks for reading, I have to go back to the mothership now. Live long and prosper

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS my friend.

Dig right in and find some discussions you are interested in. Don't be afraid to hit it full speed.

If you have any questions or if you should find yourself in need of assistance, feel free to contact me or any staff member and we'll do everything we can to help.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hello there Mr. Monkey, welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well anyone from Australia is cool in my book, plus you have bi-polar and space in your name
I was told I was bi-polar as well but I think I actually grew out of it. As for space, it's my favorite place off this planet

I use to take that blue pill but it made me a zombie, I found my own way to deal with bi-polar and it was a huge struggle esp the taunting I got from people over it. Some just have no idea how bad it can be and you just have no control.

So what other interests do you have? Do you like aliens and ufos? That is usually where i hang out
Hope to see you around and welcome about this crazy train!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BipolarSpaceMonkey

Greetings to you, BipolarSpaceMonkey, I too was called that, and in my considered opinion mental illness is nothing but a label applied by doctors when they fail to understand a person, or what the person is trying to say. I went to a psychiatrist for many years, and ended up helping him, as in getting over a gambling habit and a bad divorce. I took the drugs, because I genuinely thought something was wrong with me. Finally I asked the good doctor why he was hell bent on giving me mind altering drugs. He replied very simply, "Your mind works way up here", he said, holing his hand above his head, and "my mind works way down here," he said, holding the hand below his waist. "I have to give you the drugs so that I can understand you." That said it all to me. I threw away the drugs and let things happen, and since that time I have had many experiences that I would not have had while under the influence of the drugs. I am not telling you to go off your meds. I am just telling you my own experience. A doctor is not a Bi-Polar, so he/she cannot in any way whatsoever understand the mind of a Bi-Polar. Only another Bi-Polar can. And friend, Bi-Polars built the world, normal people did not. Research the Founders, if you doubt me here.

new topics

top topics

join