It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

America, for all of its might and bravado, actually has a very weak stomache for war...we don't like it..and thats actually a good thing in regards to civilization...however, it is also an exploitable thing.
Chinese generally do not have much regard for life..they fight for something greater..they will lay down their life willingly and gladly for the honor of China and its continued undefeated legacy...which means, every chinese fight until they are victorious, or all dead...if there is one person left to launch anything...he will.

Am I the only one that finds these stereotypical opinions - just that - carbon copy pigeon holing?
No offence, but, where do you come up with this stuff - other than MSM and prejudice?

Have you ever been to China? Do you know anyone Chinese? And no I don't mean the your waiter at the Chinese Dragon restaurant...

My point? This is NOT the time for cliché and thoughts in the box. It's time to take a step out and see what the real world is all about.

To state the USA can't stomach fighting and doesn't like war? Wow, that just leaves me gobsmacked.

(ADDED NOTE: Make sure to scroll down and read the applause worthy answer to my post. How refreshing to see someone with an open mind, trying to learn and not responding with hate and rhetoric!)

~*~

I can only hope and pray China will call for calm in Korea North.

That the USA refuses to back down from their ‘war games’ in that region show’s if China is going to call for calm they’re definitely the only ones doing it.

peace
edit on 28-11-2010 by silo13 because: added note

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have a feeling that on the uss GW, there is talk of being asked to go into "harms way"...

Call it a hunch

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

America, for all of its might and bravado, actually has a very weak stomache for war...we don't like it..and thats actually a good thing in regards to civilization...however, it is also an exploitable thing.
Chinese generally do not have much regard for life..they fight for something greater..they will lay down their life willingly and gladly for the honor of China and its continued undefeated legacy...which means, every chinese fight until they are victorious, or all dead...if there is one person left to launch anything...he will.

Am I the only one that finds these stereotypical opinions - just that - carbon copy pigeon holing?
No offence, but, where do you come up with this stuff - other than MSM and prejudice?

Actually, I am currently reading through very poorly translated blogs and media from China at the moment...you know, the stuff they are saying and thinking verses what we are being told.
And ya...alot of is it "lets all die for the great cause" type stuff...this is not some western sites...and its really difficult to try and paste together much of what they are saying...but lets just say...the average blogger or news editor is not very hopeful of a peaceful future...you think the west is full of themselves...you should see some of this stuff.

Still...this may be just the hawks saying scorch the earth..lord knows we got plenty of those warmongers on this side...however, we tend to shove them into backroom forums with people biting at them verses give them front page editorial spots.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
10 mins to go

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

1. David Wilcock about China "surprise" part 1 and 2
www.divinecosmos.com

2. movie "2012" the aircraft carrier. If this happens under different circumstances, then we might want to revise our views how true/false are the other predictions as well.

3.The Trumpeter - catholic seer
www.trumpetersmission.com...
Chronology of events
"There will be a sinking of a major warship in the North Atlantic. It will be either an aircraft carrier or a full
cruiser because Heaven said there will be several thousand deaths. Only those types of ships carry such a large number."
continues with sequence of events, incl the rise of gold followed by surprising collapse, the invasion of large portions of mainland USA

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Fantastic answer and with an open mind! I'd applaud you if I could!

Thank you for going out of your way to try to understand what these other people are all about.

And you're right, I'm sure there are a lot of 'drum beaters' on both sides - it's human nature - but it's up to us, you and me and the rest with open minds to realize the real cost of war and to continue to hope and pray for peace!

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I ask again....has anyone heard of a source for this NK claim that China is going to announce something?

Nothing about it on Reuters...www.fmprc.gov.cn... anywhere as far as I can see...except for the North Korean link sourced in the title.
edit on 28-11-2010 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

In China, there is no greater cause worth dying for than to overthrow the despotic and corrupt CCP along with their 30 million bootlickers whom had grown obscenely rich off the backs of the workers enslaved on $100 a month salary, denied of education due to such wages, have no social programmes to uplift the 1.3 billion people even on healthcare and yet every chinese sees themselves uprooted from ancestral lands to make way for the corrupted officials.

As long as the Chinese people had no freedom and are silenced, they will be doomed to slavery, no matter what progress their other brothers and sisters of the human race achieves.

The time is on hand for the chinese to stand up and regain their ancestral rights, glory and place in the world, stolen from them by the tyrannical CCP!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I ask again....has anyone heard of a source for this NK claim that China is going to announce something?

Why are you asking for a NK source??
It's China, not North Korea making the announcement..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

WTF is this? Is this real? I haven't even heard of this before. I am referring to China's October Surprise.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don’t think we will see China step away from N.K. …. Nor do I think we will see them “demand” that the U.S. and S.K. stop their drills or move them further south. I do think you may see them “distance” themselves from N.K. though and instead focus on relieving tensions.

The drills are taking place in international waters I believe. China knows this. China also knows that US/SK will most likely not back down. China knows we can’t back down here, they are smarter then that. If they give us the ultimatum to stand down or else they will get involved militarily, what happens if/when we don’t stand down? Why would China want to get involved militarily if they can hurt us both financially as well as utilize cyber warfare? My opinion is, if China really wanted to instigate war with the U.S., because lets face it, if they get involved here, that’s what will happen. But if they want to instigate war with the U.S., I would expect them to hurt us where it hurts most… on the home front. And they can do that by hurting us financially, although they would stand to lose as well. But if they went to war with the U.S., you’d see the same financial loses. I would think China would use that to its advantage. At this point, if they crumble the U.S. economy, would most U.S. citizens blame China? Or rather blame the banking system and the U.S. Gov’t? I tend to lean towards the later. I believe it was Sun Tzu who referenced defeating the enemy from within, which is what China could attempt to achieve here.

The fact that China will not be taking questions (I may be wrong on that, but I thought someone posted that info, so I am going on that) may simply be a way to avoid answering questions and appear as if they are taking sides. Loose lips sinks ships. It may be in China’s best interest to say what they are planning on saying and wait and see what happens. If they do what I hope, and think they will say, they will call both S.K and N.K to the table in hopes of hashing out some kind of tension relief. In saying that, S.K. really can’t back down here if they want to save face. The U.S. is standing by S.K., and while usually I tend to agree that the U.S. is the aggressor, here… I kind of cant blame them. We have too many troops stationed there. For us NOT to be there would be perceived as leaving our men and women high and dry, in my opinion.

This kind of reminds me of my time in high school. There was this kid, who really was harmless, but he kept on picking on other kids. Now, everyone left him alone because he was a tough kid, but definitely not the toughest kid on the block, and quite honestly, he seemed a bit nuts. It was one of those… is it worth fighting over things. It also was evident that this kid would never really stop unless someone stood up to him. Finally, one day, he picked on a girl, and got his butt handed to him. Then… the antagonizing stopped.

While I would love to think that peace will work itself out, looking at N.K.'s track record, it indicates that this will be an ongoing issue in years to come.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gliese581

1. David Wilcock about China "surprise" part 1 and 2
www.divinecosmos.com

NO no no!

NO!

No more predictions, channeling, or anything else...something bad will happen one day, and no doubt one of the bajillion predictions going on daily will come to pass...this does not mean that its divine order or anything else beyond coincidence.

Besides, every other prediction is currently on hold until the bloody galactic federation of frikkin light gets here...so Dave and the rest can stuff it and wait their turn!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What a joke. Obama being the so-called peaceful president and yet its military big boys playing war games (or drill / test water) against a rival. Not much difference with Bush.

Deja vu all over. September 11 2001 Norads conducting drill over New York. Turned out it's real.
Now we have another drill. This time with SK against NK, at the anger of China.

But fear not. ATS is magical website. Whatever we post, 99.9% gone with the wind.

edit on 11 28 2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Where can I watch?? I got Direct TV hooked up in the master den room.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
All they said was that China is going to try to not let it escalate any further...wow...special urgent press conference for that...How are they going to do it? How far are they willing to go?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It was delayed until 4.30PM it seems... 3.30AM Eastern time.

If you read my updates on the OP...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That's what I'm thinking? Surely that can't be all? It didn't sound all that urgent to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Where can I watch?? I got Direct TV hooked up in the master den room.

Hmm, beer and pop corn ready to watch the next, live, full colour war??
Bet all MSM have crews on standby...Think of the ratings..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I thought that the BBC would have a little more to report on the "urgent press conference" than that! What a rip off...I am tired...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join