It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ill put my money on the usual: Heated posturing and the like.

China is in tough spot with this one.

1) As a 'player" they cannot heel thier own attack dog? Lets face it, either they controll crazy Kim, or all thier posturing about being a regional player is simply talk.

2) While Obama may want to fold, he is unlikely to do so. Why? The midterm elections were a disaster politicaly, and backing down now will simply give the GOP more ammo for the next set in two years. Being percieved as weak on defence is a a killer here in the US.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
MSM is reporting North Korea shelling in same area tonight.

If this isn't settled down even a little bit on Sunday, the news out of the Korean peninsula, combined with the massive selloff of Portuguese and Spanish bonds on Friday, should be contributing to a triple digit loss on the DOW on Monday.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can't find any reference to this on any China website just on the North Korean website listed above...is this just North Korea trying to get China to take a firm stance? If anyone finds it on a chinese website please reference it here.

thanks!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Faeces just became authenticated.

Can't see the U.S. and SK backing down at this juncture. Starred and flagged.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As we can all agree a war involving the U.S. and China would be the end to much of life as we know it, I am hopeful China takes a neutral stance on North Korea and finally cuts all ties with that wasteland of a "country". A war with them is inevitable, the thing that scares and saddens me however is that even if we managed to kill Lil Kim, the NK people are so deep into their brainwash there would be nothing we could do for them. No psychology or medicine can tear them from their "love" for Lil Kim...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

he's not stupid enough to provoke China

If this scenario did play out as the OP said it would be China doing the provoking not Obama. He is in the right to stand his ground. Should he stop the exercise just because China said no way?. That would be rather cowardly! But this all just talk lets see what happens before we get into it!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BKD2674

If China drops the North, the North might feel like they have nothing to lose and annihilate the South. Or at bare minimum they gonna test a nuke to show how ``strong`` they are and that they don't need China's help.

The North testing a nuke right now would sure raise even more the tensions...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
everything i have been hearing, here in hong kong, is that china claims

NOT to have the influence over NK as everyone thinks. (cctv)

also the US/SK should stop the drills.

so if that is true and NK does something stupid, what will china do?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by gnosticquasar

he's not stupid enough to provoke China

If this scenario did play out as the OP said it would be China doing the provoking not Obama. He is in the right to stand his ground. Should he stop the exercise just because China said no way?. That would be rather cowardly! But this all just talk lets see what happens before we get into it!

What, are these damn games that important that common sense takes a holiday?
They could stop the games or simply move them a little away from NK..\
No big deal..But no, the US likes trouble..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Events had been successfully manipulated for war by others. This is no longer the simple tried and tested method of sinking a soveriegn ship, but a direct attack upon a soveriegn nation admitted in full by the adversary.

Humanity once face a similar situation in our recent past. We backed down. And resulted in the deaths of million innocent jews as well as the horrific loss of lives of our precious loved ones fighting against tyranny. Today will be no different. History is about to repeat itself in everyone's eyes, more so the awakened.

There can no longer be a backing down. The Rubicon had been crossed. Words of honour will have to be honoured from today or the masses' elected will only had proven themselves liars. The dice had been tossed...let how the dice falls....destiny awaits....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Events had been successfully manipulated for war by others. This is no longer the simple tried and tested method of sinking a soveriegn ship, but a direct attack upon a soveriegn nation admitted in full by the adversary.

Humanity once face a similar situation in our recent past. We backed down. And resulted in the deaths of million innocent jews as well as the horrific loss of lives of our precious loved ones fighting against tyranny. Today will be no different. History is about to repeat itself in everyone's eyes, more so the awakened.

There can no longer be a backing down. The Rubicon had been crossed. Words of honour will have to be honoured from today or the masses' elected will only had proven themselves liars. The dice had been tossed...let how the dice falls....destiny awaits....

Hmmm, pick the truths in that statement..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This will be very interesting. If China "drops" North Korea, I agree that Kim could then feel pressured to do something drastic. However, if China issues an ultimatum for the USA and South Korea to take their business elsewhere, Obama will look like he is folding to a foreign power and lose ever more credibility with the American public and I predict South Korea backing down will cause an increase in violent protests and clashes in Seoul.
So US and SK moving elsewhere would be seen as weakness by their respective countries and China discarding the North could possibly lead to what would essentially be "going out in a blaze" as The Kim families days would then be numbered as they would lose Chinese backing on the world stage.

Very interesting times we live in.
edit on 28-11-2010 by SweetRevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
I'll be watching this one. I don't trust China one least bit. Can't trust a Communist state.
edit on 11/28/2010 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

China is not USSR or Mao's. Even if we still call it "communist". Some call Obama communist either. Yes indeed, in this delicate situation one cannot trust the policy makers, and I don't trust in first place the US policy makers. No matter of their colors. Because I see no benefit from their policy for the rest of the world.

As far as the tensions in Korean peninsula grow, a question should be asked by the American people: "are we ready for a nuclear war that will see our country devastated, because 4 people or more died?" It is a great pity that Kim's regime did that showing his real face, but aren't there more victims elsewhere, including in Iraq? Do we see similar moves as response? OK I don't expect answers of these questions that almost everyone knows.

It would be good if China restricts its moves to words, and that is not the long awaited motive for the invasion of continental USA (see Bayside, John Leary and other prophets). See the interviews of the defected Soviet spy col.Lunev, who said: If Russia and China unite their forces, the war could start tomorrow. Russia doesn't pretend anymore for US mainland and gives it to China...' Lunev testified before US congress for the mininukes.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Gliese581 because: quote

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hmm..

What is worse for a presidental ratings...backing down a bit and appearing weak...or being the one whom pushed it a bit and in turn the world got a global nuclear apocolypse

guessing either are not good for poll numbers.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hope you all like eating chinese food
to think we wont even have to do take out for it haha

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hmm..

What is worse for a presidental ratings...backing down a bit and appearing weak...or being the one whom pushed it a bit and in turn the world got a global nuclear apocolypse

guessing either are not good for poll numbers.

That's what I have been saying..
Sometimes the bigger man walks away...

Knowing the tension is so high, are these games so important as to risk starting a war where possible millions could die in Korea alone????
I say no...No Game is worth that risk,,,

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm not seeing this announcement mentioned on any of the major news sites - are we sure this is actually happening?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
South Korea Orders Journalists off Island

This was posted on Forbes about 5 minutes ago. Seems to be a new, not just a repeat of the earlier orders to take shelter. Hopefully this is a useful first post.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just read this on Reuters:

China says will work to ease "worrisome" Korea standoff
12:50am EST
BEIJING | Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:49am EST

source

Basically says what the headline claims. China met with SK and has agreed that the tensions are high and will not do anyone in the area any good. Any chance the press conference will just be the official word that 'Tensions are back to normal?'

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What, are these damn games that important that common sense takes a holiday?

The only common sense taking a holiday belongs to North Korea & they have been on holidays for years!

They could stop the games or simply move them a little away from NK

Why should they. These things cost money to stage why should they be out of pocket just because Lil limp Kim is upset. maybe if he finds the venue & pays the bills. South Korea has procession of that Island. It may be in dispute but it is legally theirs as it stands. To put it basically a person has no right to tell a neighbour you cannot have that party/bbq in your own backyard. That is what North Korea is doing. Stuff e'm let South Korea decide what they do in their own backyard not NK not China!

the US likes trouble..

Obviously not as much as North Korea/China!. NK knows they are causing trouble but do not care. They are jealous of the SK wealth, prosperity and the way they fit into the modern world!
edit on 28-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join