It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Hey don't lump Americans in with some crazy killing machines that did the killings from a helo on civillians,we are just as sick about that as anyone...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinthose
well I don't know, I find her anger kind of refreshing and she does make sense, here at least.

I am actually a he, but that doesn't matter, and take no notice of members like that one, they don't want to accept facts and instead want to live in their own dellusional world.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ummmm
this is not good news for 6 party talks

John McCain now wants Regime Change
in North Korea. How the hell is he gonna
do that without invasion????

CIA planted revolutionaries is not
gonna accomplish that agenda
no matter how much money
the CIA throws at it.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Originally posted by Castaway
reply to post by NoJoker13

I get so sick of people bashing Americans,not all of us are like George W Bush or Dick Cheney.THANK GOD..

You may as well get used to it. The communists and Muslims of the world bash America and sell the hate-America propaganda, complete with "facts" of our unique demon status (due to capitalism and refusal to allow them to rule the world) to the feeble minded Americans who don't have a clue.

We have plenty wrong with America but it is bat crazy ignorant to believe the Chinese or North Korean government is more humane and sane and America in any way, shape or form. It is also pretty funny to watch these deep thinkers tell us how we are "owned" by China and that China is more powerful in military force than is the US. I am certain China knows better.

Yes you are so right...

And as I said NOTHING was going to happen it was all theater,I love how some on here try to wish a war like there blowing out birthday candles..Sickening:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
BTW, back in 2004 a couple of other members and myself were saying that China and Russia would begin to try to destabilize the U.S. dollar, and one of their main goals would be to cripple the U.S. economically.

We had several members claiming the Chinese nor the Russians would do that "because we are trading partners"... Not long later Chinese and Russians officials, including Putin were calling for a new global economy away from the dollar...and still we get the usual people claiming these countries will not try to cripple the U.S....

]China, Russia quit dollar

By Su Qiang and Li Xiaokun (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-11-24 08:02

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

"That has forged an important step in bilateral trade and it is a result of the consolidated financial systems of world countries," he said.

Putin made his remarks after a meeting with Wen. They also officiated at a signing ceremony for 12 documents, including energy cooperation.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin calls for end of dollar stranglehold

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin has called for concerted action to break the stranglehold of the US dollar and create a new global structure of regional powers.

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Davos 11:18PM GMT 28 Jan 2009

"The one reserve currency has become a danger to the world economy: that is now obvious to everybody," he said in a speech at the World Economic Forum.

It is the first time that a Russian leader has set foot in the sanctum sanctorum of global capitalism at Davos.

Mr Putin said the leading powers should ensure an "irreversible" move towards a system of multiple reserve currencies, questioning the "reliability" of the US dollar as a safe store of value. "The pride of Wall Street investment banks don't exist any more," he said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

China threatens 'nuclear option' of dollar sales

The Chinese government has begun a concerted campaign of economic threats against the United States, hinting that it may liquidate its vast holding of US treasuries if Washington imposes trade sanctions to force a yuan revaluation.

Two officials at leading Communist Party bodies have given interviews in recent days warning - for the first time - that Beijing may use its $1.33 trillion (£658bn) of foreign reserves as a political weapon to counter pressure from the US Congress.

Shifts in Chinese policy are often announced through key think tanks and academies.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

China-Russia currency agreement further threatens U.S. dollar

By Hao Li | November 24, 2010 12:30 PM EST

China and Russia have agreed to allow their currencies to trade against each other in spot inter-bank markets.

The motive is to "promote the bilateral trade between China and Russia, facilitate the cross-border trade settlement of [the yuan], and meet the needs of economic entities to reduce the conversion cost," according to Chinese officials.

www.ibtimes.com...

All this talk for a new global currency by China and Russia did not begin with the "current economic crisis", it began years, if not decades ago.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Rumor was that several years ago the US thought the current, now very aging, North Korean leader was not likely to start a war, despite what the rhetoric we heard was. The current shelling is supposedly ordered by his son, the heir apparent, who is trying to prove he is someone the world must respect.

I have to wonder if his son, as he has grown up in North Korea view, actually understands the world as it is. I point to the idea that before WWII the Japanese Emperor had a very limited understanding of the US. On the day when Admiral Yamato was issued the orders to attack the US he intended to speak with Emperor about his certainty that a war with the US was surely lost because of the size of the US. He later wrote that when he got to the meeting with the Emperor and Tojo, he realized that the decision had already been made and his duty was to carry out the orders of the Japanese Emperor, so he said nothing.

We hear that the people of North Korea are told that they have the best quality of life of any place in the world, and they best not even think anything different.

When the USSR was potent, we used to say that Eastern European countries were Satellites of the USSR. Might be beneficial if China made North Korea a Satellite. Thereafter, the North Korea would stop all missile and nuclear development and turn all that stuff over to China. North Korea would reduce its active military force by ninety percent, as China would guarantee their security, which would require very few Chinese troops. All the ex-military of North Korea would be given jobs in manufacturing plants to increase the quality of life for the people of North Korea. Hopefully the Chinese would remove much of the military equipment near the border.

The vicinity of Seoul, South Korea, which is close enough to be in the range of North Korean artillery (and they have a lot of it with lots of ammunition), has a population of 24.5 million, half of the population of South Korea. A war would cost the lives of millions of South Koreans within the first few days.

I have to wonder at the US strategy if such a war started. I doubt the US would use tactical Nukes to silence the batteries of North Korea.

Then, as other posters have alluded to, some members of Chinese military and government are surely very willing to engage in an active shooting war with the US. I think some would prefer a capitalist lifestyle with cars, clubs and fun life, as a few of them have gotten by selling goods to the US.

I guess the reality is not there are talks with North Korea to get them behave non-violently, but what are we going to bribe the North Koreans with to keep them pacified for a few more years.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
One more thing, don't think that because I am posting FACTS, that i want a war, or much less a nuclear war, because i do not want this...

I am a realist, something that escapes too many people in western countries these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Xinthose
well I don't know, I find her anger kind of refreshing and she does make sense, here at least.

I am actually a he, but that doesn't matter, and take no notice of members like that one, they don't want to accept facts and instead want to live in their own delusional world.

Anger is an expression people often write in their diaries at home to... I would advise the poster you are giving information here to try to truly see it from both sides, If someone expresses anger it might be because they do not understand and resort to writing in their diary the frustrations they experience.

I would not see anyone as delusional specially online, what is needed is understanding.

Without even having read any of the posts from the person you are referring to...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For all the Web bot followers out there. Check out the latest on the "Nu War" Plan B

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Far too many here are under estimating N Korea and China and over estimating the U.S. ability to deal with them

What about this scenario:

N Korea fires and all out artillery/rocket barrage into Seoul, but does not launch an offensive south.

Our military planners have been on cruise control in Korea for 50 years thinking our strategy to win is to buy time by sacrificing our 28,000 troops to keep a foothold to launch a counter attack on N Korea while they are in the open and pushing south, cutting their supply lines, surrounding then eliminating them. What if NK doesn’t push south? Do we launch an offensive against their fortified positions in tough terrain where tanks/APC’s can get taken out every time they come around a bend?

This is a very dangerous scenario, one that leaves the U.S. (even with superior weapons/tactics) with no assurance of victory. Victory would come at a cost in American lives that we have not seen since the last Korean conflict.

Add to the mix China.

China does not have to get involved directly in NK for us to have real problems there. They can simply sit on the sidelines, promise NK leadership safe haven and watch SK get destroyed. They would love to do that, it eliminates SK as an economic competitor. Once the U.S., SK win their bloody conflict with NK, there will be no reunification. It has been too long, North and South no longer want that - especially if it comes with heavy death tolls.

NK will not be run by a puppet S Korean or U.S. government. NKoreans and China will not accept that. China will not let this happen and U.S./SK would risk extending the war to a war with China by pushing it. After the death and destruction in dealing with NK Americans/SK will have no desire to escalate into war with China. China wins a government in NK, knocks out S Korea as a competitor, can be seen as the good guy in rebuilding N Korea while gaining strategic position to counter Japan.

Or,

China does get directly involved, but instead of going in to N or S Korea, China opens another front by swiftly invading Taiwan.

Now the U.S. is faced with wars on two fronts while trying to maintain Afghanistan and Iraq.

Who does the U.S. support and who do they sacfrice? Try to keep them both most likely. What do we win? Two countries which have been destroyed that we will have to rebuild. Dramatically increasing debt on an already weak dollar.

Iran now has free reign to do whatever they want since the U.S. literally does not have the resources to handle war on another front.

The U.S. stubbornly tries to juggle all of this at once; the rest of the world sees the folly of this and abandons the U.S. dollar.

Checkmate.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I hope this can be useful to ease tension ,i think no one wants to start the war ...But maybe it is not easy to gather them all together..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sorry - you guys are still on the hook. You're the only ones that can do it. I appreciate that you talk softly with them, but you're still gonna have to hit him with a big stick.

The "talks" you should be in are the ones that say, "We know that this action will get us international anger. While we accept the international loss of face, we expect something to be put in our back pocket at the same time."

I'm also very curious. Whose Chinese People's Party Balls are in some nice velvet purse of North Korean leadership? Must be something good. Does it die with the Old Man, or is this more something that gets passed along?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

North Koreans will accept anything their leadership tells them too. Their indoctrination process makes Manson and the Moonies look like amateurs.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

North Koreans will accept anything their leadership tells them too. Their indoctrination process makes Manson and the Moonies look like amateurs.

They will not accept a government controlled by the South or the U.S. even if their leadership told them to do so, which would never happen anyway.

It is a bigger pipe dream to think N Koreans would accept this than it was to think Afghans would accept rule by a U.S. puppet government.

What do we win by militarily defeating NK? Nothing, nothing, debt. Seoul will still have been destroyed.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies. "About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

don't you think that's something at least a bit criminal???
miserable herd of clowns have issued colored shreds of paper & everyone must use it for trading, right?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Considering Russia has one of their biggest trade agreements with China, I am not at all surprised in this arrangement. Yet I find it odd that China trust's Russia so much that it is willing to develop further diplomatic relations with them.. If a conventional war erupts in the Korean peninsula, this region of Asia will be unstable diplomatically. Period. We are just going to have to see how the historians put these current event in the history books. This may not be the wow moment the World is waiting for.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
One thing I know for sure.. whenever China is speaking its deceptive. I dont believe anything unless I see it out of china, and even then I wonder. Russia and China are and have been itching to slap us around... and NOT only us. Somehow people here from different countries think they are neutral somehow.

Who knows what they will do.. wont matter if you love or hate America, but you can be sure its going to effect YOU and YOUR country as well. While you are itching for America to be shown its place, youre missing the global implications due to your arrogance.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Be crazy is NK's soon to be new leader knows what the world thinks of his father and chooses to take another path. A path where he follows through with what he says.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Be crazy is NK's soon to be new leader knows what the world thinks of his father and chooses to take another path. A path where he follows through with what he says.

Isnt he the one that likes to dress up like elvis and sing old elvis tunes ( Im dead serious) ... I dount we have naything to worry about with him unless we fear being nagged to death. I expect Kim will go out with a bang. A mushroom cloud kinda bang if he has the chance.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It is readily apparent that you are NOT military strategy trained...thanks for the tactics laugh

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join