It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I see China making a statement to the effect of " 'Yall need to back-up and get the hell out of our backyard " They have been on a tear the past few years and spending much money on getting their act together, militarily speaking. China has plenty to worry about if the N.K. start lobbing artillery and SAMS at the South and our forces in the area. They are finally in a position to meet us more than half way with their military might. I often wonder how much defense information the Clinton Admin. gave away to them because during his reign of 8 years, they were rather cozy....together.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by inven104u2

They already made their statement!

"Immediate resumption of 6 party peace talks". It happened yesterday.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

? why then when you do a google news search on "Chinese overnment to make 'urgent' announcement' they all say that there is to be an announcement by China on Sunday (today) at 1630?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

Are you sure your not confusing the announcement to be that coming from the South Korean president today?

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you go back through this thread you'll see where we were all waiting for the announcement to come (yesterday), and when it did, it was about an immediate call to resume peace talks, which S. Korea rejected

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
had wikileaks something on North Korea?

seemed a relevant question (2nd)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
[
The Chinese press conference happened yesterday.

They called for immediate resumption of 6 party talks and s. Korea rejected it, thats it!

And why wouldn't they reject it? >>>

China Pleased With Bosworth Visit to DPRK
-----------------------------------------

¶3. (C) Asked his views on the North Korea nuclear situation,
CCID Director Wang stated that China was very pleased that
Ambassador Bosworth was in Pyongyang, noting that the visit
would be "cost effective" because the North Koreans had made
clear there could be no resuming the Six-Party Talks without
first convening a bilateral U.S.-DPRK dialogue. Ambassador
Bosworth's visit effectively "kicked the ball" back to the
North Koreans. When asked what the likely outcome of the
talks would be, Wang said the ideal outcome would be a
meeting with Kim Jong-il, which would send a very positive
signal, but it was impossible to predict North Korean
behavior through "normal" means of reading public indicators.

Wang said that Ambassador Bosworth would likely meet with
First Vice Foreign Minister Kang Sok-ju, who was "a
hardliner" with "strong views" and whose opinions were valued
by the DPRK's top leaders. However, Kang had to follow
orders from above, Wang noted, and would not want to lose
such an opportunity to improve relations with the United
States. The negotiations with Ambassador Bosworth would be a
bargaining process, with each side trying to discern the
other's bottom line.

¶4. (C) The North needed a breakthrough in its relations with
the United States, Wang asserted, both because of its
domestic situation and the current international environment,
but it would not be easy for North Korea to make a specific
promise regarding a return to the Six-Party Talks or to
announce denuclearization. Ambassador Bosworth's trip itself
was important because it demonstrated that the United States
was serious about preventing a nuclear Korean peninsula and
was committed to a peaceful resolution of the issue. Wang
said China was aware that the United States worried that it
would be deceived by the North but in China's view there was
no need to worry because the current process of promoting
dialogue and negotiations was quite transparent and the
international community would know what the outcome would be

Bolded above ^^ mine for emphasis given the current scenario--

More at link: cablegate....__._/cable/2009/12/09BEIJING3313.html
edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The talks are back in my friend. SK have now said that they will carefully consider talks. That would probably serve everyone's best interest unless SK and the US want to fight NK based on revenge.

Its funny as to why the Americans dont work as hard as the Chinese to get SK and NK to talk. Instead they help SK escalate the situation?

Sometimes i wonder what the Americans have between their ears "wax probably"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Where did you find that information?

Can you please link us all to that?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That's about it!

Can this be true?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Its in Norwagian. Would you still want to read it?

www.abcnyheter.no... r-om-snarlig-mote-korea-samtaler

That link didnt work.

www.vg.no...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yes I'd like to see the link please

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The link doesn't appear to be working. I'm getting a message in Norwegian saying that the link I am after is not available

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

For crying out loud you, and those who think like you are clueless...

The CCP doesn't give a flying f about making money off the U.S...

Are you that naive that you think the CCP bought over a trillion U.S. bonds to make money from the U.S.?... No, they did it so that when the time is right they can cripple the U.S. economy to make the U.S. weaker economically, which would affect heavily the U.S. military and then so they can make their wettest dream a reality by attacking the U.S. electrical, and electronic infraestructure and then invade.

The CCP has not been training 30 million Chinese forces as a "deterrent", and you actually think that the indoctrination going on in China to brainwash the youth into doing anything for their CCP has ended?...

The following is the actual text of a speech delivered in December, 2005 by Comrade Chi Haotian –the Vice-Chairman of Chinas Military Commission to top officers and generals. Keep in mind that China has for many years advocated deceitful and covert warfare against its enemies. This is their Modus Operandi. There should be little question that a “Bird Flu” Pandemic would deeply excite them.
(Don’t forget how they have poisoned thousands of American pets and knowingly placed lead paints on toddlers' toys.)”

““Comrades, Im very excited today, because the large-scale online survey sina.com that was done for us showed that our next generation is quite promising and our Partys cause will be carried on. In answering the question, “Will you shoot at women, children and prisoners of war, more than 80 per cent of the respondents answered in the affirmative, exceeding by far our expectations.

The central issue of this survey appears to be whether one should shoot at women, children and prisoners of war, but its real significance goes far beyond that. Ostensibly, our intention is mainly to figure out what the Chinese peoples attitude towards war is: If these future soldiers do not hesitate to kill even noncombatants, theyll naturally be doubly ready and ruthless in killing combatants.
Therefore, the responses to the survey questions may reflect the general attitude people have towards war
……..We wanted to know: If Chinas global development will necessitate massive deaths in enemy countries, will our people endorse that scenario? Will they be for or against it?”...

citizenwells.wordpress.com... -bird-flu-natural-resources-kill-millions-of-americans/

Wake the hell up!!!....
edit on 28-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Don't start with your anger filled pissing contest ElectricUniverse. You are by far one of the worst thread de-railers and tit for tat arguers on ATS.

Don't bring it here. No one wants to listen to a raving lunatic's post filled nothing but anger and pushing your opinion as pure fact.

Go AWAY

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

well I don't know, I find her anger kind of refreshing and she does make sense, here at least.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Gliese581
a question should be asked by the American people: "are we ready for a nuclear war that will see our country devastated, because 4 people or more died?"

Tough decision...if we cannot stand up to a rogue state, then gloves are off...suddenly every tiny state will quest for nukes and start bombing any nation that actually values life.

the answer...I don't know...perhaps this is one of those principle moments of civilization that you have to choose...will you live in a world where the crazy rule, or make a stand and say order, even if it means death for all.

Should we survive this general timeframe of our existance, then we may be mature to spread out amongst the stars, to become a species immortal in the pages of the universe...however, if we do not survive this time, then clearly, our species is not prepared for such survival and maybe needs to simply end before we bring our destruction outside of this one planet.

Its almost spiritual in a way...on the cusp of space exploration, we must make decisions that will either kill us out completely, or shrug off the concept of such destruction...nearly planned as some sort of epic test. I reckon its coincidence, yet I can't help but feel this is not just a simple accident such a test comes at such a time in our collective civilization.

How will we move...what is wisest.

Well, next thing you know, it's "Are we ready for a nuclear war that will see our country devastated, because 8 people or more died?"

Then, 16, 32, 64...

They have to be stopped now. This is something that will affect the world over. They gained the power of nuclear weapons, so this deserves military action if they're willing to attack countries.

As you said, every nation will become this way. Look at Iran. In about three years or less from now, they'll have nuclear weapons. What happens when they start pulling the same #?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I am in full agreement. If not now, when? If not here, where? If not us, who? Of course, with the current regime, I expect no real response.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, it helps to remember that North Korea recently tested some medium range missles and not long before that they tested a nuclear device. Now here is a country that can't feed it's own population well. So when we are talking about their "leadership" we are really talking about a pint sized meglomaniac who just might think china's got his back and can bark like a junk yard dog all day long. For someone to push his country's people like oxen hooked to a wagon it's not a far step to believe he might just see using such force against the "imperial oppressors" (that's us kiddies!) , but since we are kinda out of range of their dinky rockets, they might go for a proxy target. Now a lot of people would say that would be South Korea, but I don't think so.. I mean, come on, they wanna UNIFY the country and make it commie, would you nuke the place you wanna move in to? Nope, I'd pick Japan. They are one of our biggest providers of consumer goods and let's face it people. Since the rich fat cat's that own big business have been wholsale moving jobs and stuff out of the U.S. it only makes sense to hit those places, (like Japan or Taiwan or..snicker... China. Yeah.. we are buying TONS of things from them nowdays!) Now China is getting to like the capitalist lifestyle... oh they won't admit to it or even acknowledge it's happening there, but come on... their people have had a taste of "the good life" ( well... those that are in the upper social brackets,,by that i mean a half step above "pesant") So it may come as a suprise to "the little meglomaniac" that China might not back his play anymore because it's gonna rock the financial markets to which China has pulled a chair up to the banquet table and taken part in. So let's say you are that little meglomaniac and China says "behave" ... well.. no matter how you look at it it isn't a pretty picture. I can't help but wonder why it is that people like that manage to get as high up in political office as they do.. and God help us that they are....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Don't start with your peacenick talk about communists are peaceful and don't want any wars and the U.S. has been the one staring all wars BS people like you love to claim...

I posted FACTS, and not the fantasy that people like you want to believe.

You should be the one to go away....

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join