It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

The Chinese government said Sunday it will make an "urgent" announcement later in the day amid rising military tensions surrounding the Korean Peninsula.

China's foreign ministry said it will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. for both domestic and foreign reporters based in Beijing, adding that it will not accept any questions during the conference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hopefully it's to help reduce tensions... or return to talks...

Because if it's ``The US and SK need to stop their provocations or we'll send our navy``.... then we're in for trouble. Remember this : The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

After all China didn't like that drill at all.... because it's in their backyard and it's the first time ever that the US does drill in that area.

Ain't that a coincidence that MINUTES before the US exercise starts in the Yellow Sea (it starts at 1AM), China announce they gonna do an ``urgent speech``?

If you read that article...
It's in Chinese
It apparently says from a general from the PLA that if the US carries out their drill in the Yellow Sea, the USS George Washington should be sunk and it doesn't matter if China gets nuked for it.

EDIT: Me thinks it will be China asking the US to stop the drill in the Yellow Sea or do it elsewhere... Me thinks Obama is gonna comply... just prepare for the medias to go nuts over this.

EDIT 1.41AM : South Korea president to make a speech about the crisis on Sunday night 8PM EASTERN TIME.

EDIT 1.44AM : China's speech will be at 3 AM eastern.

EDIT 2.01AM : Remember in May... Kim went to China to ask for military assistance from China... China said no, but they said they would back him up all the way if the North got invaded... so hopefully this is not what China will say...
According to a high-ranking source in the North, North Korean leader Kim Jong-il made the request to Chinese President Hu Jintao when he visited China in early May. But Hu apparently told Kim that China will protect and support him if attacked.

EDIT 2.31AM : It seems the announcement might have been delayed by 10-30 minutes. So that puts the conference at 3.10AM-3.30AM.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If they aren't taking questions, that's my first red flag that it may be bad; and brief. Most of all, not very informative.

That's just what I see happening. I don't see China saying "Hey it's alright, go ahead and do your drills". Its a sign of weakness in terms of war, and it almost gives a go ahead for war which China said to defend NK.

I definitely am missing a lot of info on this topic, for I have not researched too much, just the updates popping up online. So take what I said with little worry, its just a small perspective.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'll be watching this one. I don't trust China one least bit. Can't trust a Communist state.
edit on 11/28/2010 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This will be some thing to watch.

Its two hours time from this post.

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It will only be a call to reduce tensions.

The illegal govt of China does not want a war right now in its backyard, not while it is facing an awakened mass of humanity in its heartlands whom are seething at their CCP yokes and chains around their necks.

Despite the bravado, calmness and supposed wisdom the CCP will attempt to display, they are sweating heaps. But the South Koreans are a soveriegn people, and does not owe the CCP a living, nor does the rest of the world.

The actors who had created and manipulated events leading to the potential murder of millions of our brothers and sisters must be brought to justice immediately.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

looks like we only have to wait 2 hours for either the lead up to WW3 or for China to reign in their chihuahua...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

All spin to stop the wikileaks drama from getting air time. Too much of a coincidence for the US to be informing China of the wikileaks documents at the same time they want to get bold with us.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I find it intriguing that Hilary Clinton just finished a press conference with China regarding what Wikileaks will release in the coming days. And about 3 minutes ago the US and South Korea just began war exercises with North Korean ground-to-air missiles pointed right at them.

Here we go

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
taking no questions, isn't good.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh boy, this situation is getting scary

Hopefully, it will just be China making a diplomatic push and trying to get all sides to calm down.

Anything more "aggressive" doesn't bare thinking about.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Should the dictatorship of China attempts to play it aggrasively, then there is no need to play it down. Humanity will stand for no dictatorships nor should fear its grip. If this is how the cookie is to crumble then let it be. They WILL NOT win against the tide of change that is comming from the awakened masses.

The South Koreans are not frightened but are ready to make a stand in the face of brutalities. Why are we whom lived far away from their shores live in fear of the illegal govt of China, representatives of only 30 million bootlickers and not the 1.3 billion chinese whom are our brothers and sisters by divine creation?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

"Why are we whom lived far away from their shores live in fear of the illegal govt of China, representatives of only 30 million bootlickers and not the 1.3 billion chinese whom are our brothers and sisters by divine creation? "

Im not a believer in divine creation,so I will move on.
Its not fear,it's concern.

Concern because a war with china makes "living far away" irrelevant.
You can thank nukes for that.

And Rome,Sparta,Greece,etc all collapsed at some point.
Why would America be any different?

Should china decide to take a war stance with us,everyone loses,and those who are left,wont inherit anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Oh boy... What could it be? I don't see why they wouldn't demand the war games to stop seeing as though they warned them to not even go ahead in the first place.

If China demands that the drills cease, will the US and S. Korea stand down? Even after the wake of tuesday's attack? Do you know how weak that will appear?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If you read that article...
It's in Chinese
It apparently says from a general from the PLA that if the US carries out their drill in the Yellow Sea, the USS George Washington should be sunk and it doesn't matter if China gets nuked for it.

Read through that with the poor google translator...not sure what I am reading...hopefully just some warhawk speculation piece...because thats some scary stuff...a plan for an apocolypse overall between east and west.

however, I wont sweat it until a better translation is given, and I know who wrote it and why...never a good thing when they keep saying its cool, because china has enough to destroy the world, use scortched earth tactics, etc...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

No peaceful human would advocate wars, more so if it had been a manipulated one to pit brother against brother. But there are more powerful forces at play that are far beyond the control of the masses, and when push comes to shove, the only sad answer is violence. A violence that is not for ones ego, but for the sake of others' precious lives that will soon be lost if one does nothing.

The CCP, Corporation and lil kim had only proven selfish ego reasons for wars, but the rest of humanity will have to respond in kind when they see their loved ones murdered and tortured. May it not come to this, but when push comes to shove, a remnant will survive, and may they avoid the mistakes we this generation had made....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Me thinks Obama is gonna comply

Not on your life!. America will not back down.There is too much pressure to react to these terrorist NK's

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hopefully, China will call for a cease-fire immediately. Otherwise...well, I'm reminded of what Einstein said: "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."source

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

From a direct request by the Chinese? I hope that he does. I sincerely and adamantly hope that he's not stupid enough to provoke China. They're one of the few countries on this planet that I would genuinely be afraid of having an all out war with.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Should the dictatorship of China attempts to play it aggrasively, then there is no need to play it down. Humanity will stand for no dictatorships nor should fear its grip. If this is how the cookie is to crumble then let it be. They WILL NOT win against the tide of change that is comming from the awakened masses.

The South Koreans are not frightened but are ready to make a stand in the face of brutalities. Why are we whom lived far away from their shores live in fear of the illegal govt of China, representatives of only 30 million bootlickers and not the 1.3 billion chinese whom are our brothers and sisters by divine creation?

you used the crumbled cookie euphemism in a serious comment?

well, my speculations make me believe they will put up a strict stance and say no no to the US, and that this movement is partially influenced by Hilary's disclosure to China over wikileaks. im thinking China has gotten its feelings hurt by the confession and does not want to play with the US in the sandbox anymore, so now it is making its official stance. interesting timings, as well as times. i hope wikileaks reveals the data at the same time mr. jiabo speaks so that the US government gets distracted and we all have some time to ogle over the info before the site gets raped by security agencies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join