It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievers (infidels) are stupid? Did God conspire this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I ran across this verse and was wondering. Did God conspire with whomever to create disbelievers stupid?

Quran 8:65 -- O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a hundred (steadfast) they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are a folk without intelligence.

I think Allah has played a nasty joke on the submitters. According to this verse they don't have to worry about the west because we are without intelligence. Therefore all the precision guided bombs hitting nomad fighters in caves was an hallucinations. Did the things I see on CNN not really happen. I thougt I saw the United States (aka the great satan or as this verse calls us -- idiots) wipe out the Islamic loving Taliban. It seems to me and the rest of the world we are the ones with superior intelligence and the taliban to be the ones who were destroyed. How can this be, because the "uncorrupted" word of God
tells the Taliban that we are stupid and not to worry. Therefore I conclude the Quran cause the Taliban to be destroyed because it lied to its followers.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by wooten123]

[edit on 1-7-2004 by wooten123]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Whats wrong with you ? You are coming off with extreme predujice. The taliban do not control the minds of all Muslims. If you are going to pick and choose verses out of the Qur'an, its very easy to take them out of context and intepret them in a ignorant manner, which you seem to do alot. I really dont understand what this verse has to do with, the Taliban, America, or Muslims in general ? Infidels are not Christians, whom are considered people of the book, Im sure you knew this though, right ?

The Taliban instated thier own social regulations and opressed its people according to thier own views. Many countries in the Middle East are modern, but some choose to hold on to traditions of old.

I dont get the point of this post, if there is one anyways.

Deep

[edit on 1-7-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
14 Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them, and He will heal the breasts of folk who are believers.

Another lie.

29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

So this is the clarion call for the war with Jews and Christians.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You might want to read up on the crucades. The muslims lost that war as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Infidels are not Christians, whom are considered people of the book, Im sure you knew this though, right ?

Deep is right, the Holy Qur'an refers to Christains as "people of the book" and will make a special place for them in paradise.

This keeps coming up and up, Islamic terroristsare not true muslims, Islamic terrorists and extremists only use certain verses in the Qur'an to suit them. According to the Holy Qur'an, people who use certain verses to fit their needs and do not believe the rest of the Holy Qur'an are not muslims.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So every single Taliban fighter was not a true Muslim, because if there was just one true Muslim they would have defeated the "stupid" Americans. I hear this one a lot. Certain parts of the Quran hold Jews and Christians in high regard and other tell us that the Christians will burn in hell because they believe in the trinity and if they don't deny the trinity they will burn in hell. Which is it????

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wooten123
So every single Taliban fighter was not a true Muslim, because if there was just one true Muslim they would have defeated the "stupid" Americans. I hear this one a lot. Certain parts of the Quran hold Jews and Christians in high regard and other tell us that the Christians will burn in hell because they believe in the trinity and if they don't deny the trinity they will burn in hell. Which is it????

The One-Eyed Supreme Leader of the Taliban , Mullah Omar has an uncanny resemblance to the description of the Anti-Christ in Islamic hadiths. The beliefs of the Taliban are diametrically opposed to the beliefs found in Islam.

As far as true Christians.....the original believers of Jesus Christ ...whom the Qur'an calls " Nasara" ( derived from Nazarene) .....these disciples of Jesus Christ were the Essene Nazarene ......they believed in the Unity of all people and the Unity of G-d ( Tawhid).....The word "Trinity" was later made up by the church....it does not have origins in the Hebrew Bible.

---River

[edit on 1-7-2004 by River Euphrates]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Quran 8:65 -- O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a hundred (steadfast) they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are a folk without intelligence.

Ermmm have you noticed the word "prophet" at the beginning of this verse? Thats the key word that should explain this verse. It was revealed to Mohammad and it refers to the fight he was fighting at that point of his journey. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with 21st century wars. There is no misinterpretations, wrong translations or anything here. God is speaking to Prophet Mohammad there, it is a very clear wording.

A slightly different translation of that verse:

[8:65] O you prophet, you shall exhort the believers to fight. If there are twenty of you who are steadfast, they can defeat two hundred, and a hundred of you can defeat a thousand of those who disbelieved. That is because they are people who do not understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i've heard that allah is actually derived from another god, and that it's not actually yahweh

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wooten123
You might want to read up on the crucades. The muslims lost that war as well.

The crusades really went both ways The crusaders won alot in the start of the crusades the muslims were not very organized as a whole but then saladin united the muslims in one of the first Jihads in hundreds of years and they kick the crusaders butts alot. The so called holy land changed hands a couple of times between the two factions.

new topics

top topics

join