It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Bumps w/o new posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that, on occasion, a thread gets "bumped" on the "recent post" page, even though a new post has not been submitted in the "bumped" thread? I failed to capture screen shots on the most recent incident (thought they have been numerous); however, I will next time. This thread is to document further occurrences. Please feel free to interject with your own experiences of this "phenomenon". Preferably via screen shots or other verifiable evidence.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I saw a thread by Majic bumped up to the top the other day. The weird thing was, the thread was from 2009 and Majic's was the only post.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I saw a thread by Majic bumped up to the top the other day. The weird thing was, the thread was from 2009 and Majic's was the only post.

This is exactly what I am talking about...not that particular thread....but this has happened a lot lately. I figure it has something to do with upgrades; however, I wanted to get feedback; as I'm not crazy...yet. Perhaps a mod will jump in with an answer....or they can wait until I have something tangible to back up our claim. It is a real phenomenon though.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
oopsies, double post

edit on 27 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

From what I remember from years ago when someone else asked the same question and staff answered, moderators can 'bump' threads in the forums they are assigned to and sup-mods and above can bump anything they want. Sometimes it is a thread they find worthy/important, most often it's b&bq threads or ATS related threads like the Live Show ones. It's all pretty standard forum software/operational stuff, nothing nefarious in it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That's it S-Dog.
While I can't see every thread that's posted, sometimes I'll give one a bump if it's pertinent to current events.
Or sometimes I'll see one that might have been posted during a lower traffic time, and I'll bump it to give it another chance. Especially if I see that the poster put some work into it.
Maybe a good thread got lost in all the excitement of a breaking news story.
Various reasons really.
All I am saying, is give posts a chance...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Aggie Man

From what I remember from years ago when someone else asked the same question and staff answered, moderators can 'bump' threads in the forums they are assigned to and sup-mods and above can bump anything they want. Sometimes it is a thread they find worthy/important, most often it's b&bq threads or ATS related threads like the Live Show ones. It's all pretty standard forum software/operational stuff, nothing nefarious in it.

SD...you got a legitimate answer, as the most recent thread I recall this happening in was last week....it was an "emergency" NK/SK ATS live announcement. So, your theory remains #1; although, I have seen "seemingly" benign threads mysteriously bumped as well.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I bumped a thread earlier and it had only 1 reply but like 8 flags and 5 stars.
I forget which thread it was, but I flagged it too without replying because I had no time to reply but thought the author deserved a flag and star for the interesting read he/she gave me - yet I did not reply. No big deal really, just real life things pull people away from the laptop/computer and they don't get a chance to reply.
edit on 27/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

top topics

join