It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion on vampires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What is your opinion on vampires? Do you think they are real? Or do you think that it is some made-up fictional crap... I dont think you know but i for one love vampires...(if they are real). I mean in my opinion vampires are NOT evil-blood sucking , demon made demon (if you can understand that). They are just some people who are afraid of sunlight... (i have also heard of some disease called "Porpheriya" or something like that). They need blood, because blood is like oxygen (hence "the living un-dead"). Heh, hope you all dont think im crazy now..

[edit on 1-7-2004 by lartencrepsley]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Whatever they actually are, or were, I'm sure they are nothing like on Buffy.

I personally don't believe in them at all, and think that they are a distorted version of a myth turned into modern fiction. But they could possibly be based on some tiny nugget of truth, like a guy who liked his blood-pudding really raw, or someone who was mad and bit sheep for fun or something.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
probably...but hey maybe Vlad "the impaler" was also a crazy guy who loved to torture people,dribk their blood, and then torture them a little more...but you never know...there is NO proof that says their is no vampires....NO proof...at least not that i know of..

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
well since the mods keep on tellin us to use the search button...i think u better use it

use crypto search forum ad u will find loads of research on them...including my and bakeds research

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lartencrepsley
probably.....but you never know...there is NO proof that says their is no vampires....NO proof...at least not that i know of..

You are absolutely right, I don't know either way. Hopefully I will never find out personally.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Now, I personally believe in energy vampires, for many reasons...

But, if you are going more towards the folklore type, then I would have to say no... unless, of course, you read any of Brian Lumley's Necroscope books...

See, those vampires (from the series) were actually a parasite, much like the g'ol from StarGate. Stronger abilities, regeneration, most of the typical "vampire" material. Sunlight affects them because it dries them out (like salt on a slug). Silver is poisonous (mercury and lead does the same to us). Garlic is a poison to them (how many plants can kill us). Stake through the heart? Because the parasite body is there, in the chest cavity. Chop of the head? Tendrals and nerve connects to the brain. Fire? To make sure nothing of the parasite remains...

I love Lumley's vampires. To me, they make the most sense, and far easier to believe in than vampire folk tales.

And remember... Lumley's wamphyri existed long before StarGate ever started, series, movie, or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well the desiease porpheriay is a desiese that causes people a need for blood...(i think). Im way to lazy to search for it now...sorry. But i read about it before. Doesnt turn you into vampires though. I think vampires arent real. If they are that is a serious mutation possibly caused by exposion to radioactive materials. Causes a need for blood...and you grow large teeth. But i sure as hell doubt that! I think vampires arent real. (Also this topic has come up 3 times before. Once actually by me. Please use the search, oh and larten...nice to see that you actually posted)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
well there is also a series called "The saga of Darren Shan" or in the usa it is "Cirque Du Freak"...my user name is based on a character from that series...you should get your hands on the first book (if you like vampires). He makes vampires at least be very realistic! If anybody cares, the name of the first book is "A living nightmare".

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i'm going to recommend the following sites. they're the same site but allow you to open it in different formats (just click one). personally, this site is my source and what i mostly believe.

www.host.ip3.com...

www.haemavore.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.gothicpress.freeserve.co.uk...

Deny ignorance.

Dont know if the exist or not but i know there not of the TV type. Go to that website it has info on undead vampires and a guy whos hunted em. Hes a bishop in Europe, but I'm trying to know more about his book and see if any accounts were embellished.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
They are not real, they are as real as Frankienstien, they are based on a old mean blood thirst count, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I believe that vamphyres are legends of freaks in history (vlad the impaler, elizabeth bathory, etc) that have been passed down, and changed little by little, and blown out of proportion.

mrq

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
.... or someone who was mad and bit sheep for fun or something.

Thank you for the laugh. It was much needed (I spent 2 hours at DMV today, waiting to get my license renewed).

As for Vampyres... I don't believe they exist as told in books and movies. I think they're (now) cliques of people who enjoy a unique lifestyle, some of which really do believe they are immortal, need blood to survive, etc.
But nah, I don't believe they're an actual phenomenon or anything. That's my opinion. I'd love to be proven wrong though. That would be interesting.

I did, however, see a cave-troll working (if you wanna call it that) at the Department of Motor Vehicles this afternoon. Thankfully, I was served by the clerk sitting next to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Vampires, werewolves, dragons, witches, ghosts... I don't know if any of them are real or not, but I find it VERY interesting that every society on Earth developed legends and stories about the very same creatures, even though they were all isolated from each other when the stories and legends originated...
That tells me that something's definitely going on!

For example, there are accounts of vampires in ancient China, India, Egypt, Sumeria, Inca, and Maya, even though in ancient times especially none of those civilizations had any contact with each other...

As diverse as these civilizations were, and as diverse as the human imagination is, I don' think you can pass these off as mere coincidence!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Vampires are real and actually they look like this
not like this

new topics

top topics

join