It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

www.breakingnews.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Looks like NK fired. There is no news on what they fired at or if they hit anything. If the US or SK fire back this might not stop tonight. Can anyone find this on any MSM?

UPDATE: At the time I posted this I was wrong when I stated that NK had fired. I misunderstood the term "deploys". I took that to mean fired.

www.breakingnews.com
edit on 27-11-2010 by Symp EL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

Im searching but not finding anything

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Eep. Hope it's not true. I didn't think this would happen at least until I woke up tomorrow...nothing on the news here yet and I've been watching and waiting.

link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I hope this is wrong!

I'll keep my eyes peeled on cnn.com!

link   

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
N. Korea deploys missles

from your link: "(The missiles) appear to be targeting our fighter jets that fly near the Northern Limit Line (NLL)," the source said on customary condition of anonymity, referring to the Yellow Sea border.

Also: "The military is preparing for the possibility of further provocations as the North Korean military has deployed firepower near the NLL and is preparing to fire," the source said.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And get this, N. Korea is saying they fired on S. Korea because US was "bringing on the confrontation between the divided Koreans to further it's military presence on the island"

North korea is crazy

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And they are loading stuff that can go even farther onto their launch pads? Scary, scary stuff. How long ago did the US/SK exercises start even? They aren't wasting any time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
the excitement heightens,.
maybe this war will be put to rest at last,.
and Lil kim will close his noddlehole

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They shoot 2 at us, we return fire with 4 (not yet, but likely).

There we have it, done.

Or dare I say, Mission Accomplished.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Truth_B_Told because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Only like a day or two ago.. I think Kim Jong is ready for war.. S. Korea won't be bullied, again either

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symp EL

Looks like NK fired. There is no news on what they fired at or if they hit anything. If the US or SK fire back this might not stop tonight. Can anyone find this on any MSM?

www.breakingnews.com

To deploy means to prepare for battle or to move troops or equipment in preparation of such. I see nothing here that says anyone fired.

We need more detail before we get too excited.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No one has fired anything, but he's getting ready to by moving them to the border...

He wants to see if S. Korea will jump and when it doesn't, he will attack himself

+4 more 
link   
I really wish every one would stop waving their penises around. Seriously. Enough.

link   
At the risk of sounding stupid, is "deployed" the same as "fired"?

I am just wondering if the sources cited are referring to movement of the missles to the border versus firing?

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking this isn't happening?

ETA: Captain cleared that up above ^^^ before I posted
edit on 27-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: the post was too darn slow

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

And they are loading stuff that can go even farther onto their launch pads? Scary, scary stuff. How long ago did the US/SK exercises start even? They aren't wasting any time.

They started about an hour or so ago. I really hope this dies down right about ......now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I feel bad for those on the boats/planes right now with crazy missiles being pointed at them. I don't pray but if I did, I think I'd be doing it now on their part. Of course we will probably divert it but that does not mean that no one will be hurt. If they haven't launched them yet, I doubt they are loading them just for show.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
To deploy means to prepare for battle or to move troops or equipment in preparation of such. I see nothing here that says anyone fired.

We need more detail before we get too excited.

Star.

Let's keep the guessing down to a minimum please.
It'll scare the women folk and children.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Unless you have a working crystal ball you are speculating, and the OP did say someone fired and I also see nothing to indicate anyone has fired

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join