It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brea, bit-part 'Ugly Betty' actor, says, 'I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Michael Brea, bit-part 'Ugly Betty' actor, says, 'I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her' Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com

'Ugly Betty' bit-part actor Michael Brea was accused Tuesday of slaying his mother with a sword, and he has confessed to the crime, which he describes as God's work.

"I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her," he said in an interview with New York's Daily News.

Brea, 31, is being psychiatrically evaluated at Bellevue Hospital. He said that while riding the subway home from the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem on Monday, he heard voices and felt powerful. Strangers began speaking to him about his mother and he "felt like Neo from 'The Matrix.'"

When he got home t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydailynews.com

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
what is with all the religious freaks these days. i'm getting tired of calling them extremists, so from now on i'm going with freaks.
in the second link provided he goes on to say how he just joined a masonic temple last week.
anyone here want to claim this guy killed his mother in the name of your god?
from a bit of the description in the articles it really does seem like this guy just snapped.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

You can tell by the picture of him, that guy was on medication.

Two medications are known for making people going on killing sprees, the antidepressent PAXIL and then the drugs for Schizophrenia. Especially if you're taking them and all of a sudden you go off them. This creates big energy vortex holes that disembodied spirits can climb onto, and basically take physical control of that human body. So, I'm more interested in hearing what medication he was taking and when he all of a sudden went off.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think the Masonic Connection has a big part to play.. Dude's fine his whole life, joins the masons and a week later kills his mum.. Somethings weird about that

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I'm sorry, but if your response was honest, you may need a healthy dose of skepticism in your life.

Like...really...? Medication led to him being taken over by "disembodied spirits"?

Like...I don't even know what I just read at this point...like really, did you really just propose this as a legitimate reason for this...? I know this will obviously seem insulting but this is the funniest yet frightening thing I've read in a long time. Just yeah...

Uh, more on topic, yeah, he may need some mental help...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think I believe him. If his mother truly did not believe in God then it is possible that demons had control of her (if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah of the whole human race, then it is possible for you to be possessed by demons bc you don't have the Holy Spirit living inside of you). I have experienced demons before and let me just say that if you truly love Jesus Christ then every fiber in your being is just disgusted with the person and wishes to put them out of their misery, but you don't because you need to be patient and ask yourself what Jesus would do. But please people, do not judge, it's not your place, it's the place of Jesus to judge, we are all plebeians in God's court and it is our will that decides our fate mainly.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
naa , its called PCP...lmao

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Pocky

I'm sorry, but if your response was honest, you may need a healthy dose of skepticism in your life.

Like...really...? Medication led to him being taken over by "disembodied spirits"?

Like...I don't even know what I just read at this point...like really, did you really just propose this as a legitimate reason for this...? I know this will obviously seem insulting but this is the funniest yet frightening thing I've read in a long time. Just yeah...

Uh, more on topic, yeah, he may need some mental help...

LMAO

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I really don't know if I can honestly say this is extremism caused by religious fervor. I haven't known any demon killers in my years around people of various religions and various levels of involvement within said religions. Of course, everything when taking to the extreme can make you act bonkers. Religion, Patriotism, Love of the McRib, etc etc...

To me it seems like this poor man went off his rocker, and like many, turned to a simple explanation for his absurd behavior to validate it within his mind and live with the action. He most likely did it subconsciously, so when he heard the voices, it was god/angels/whatever speaking to him and guiding his actions.

Sudden urge to kill your mother, but think you're a "good" person? "God hath commanded me!". For me, this holds as much water as the phrase "The devil made me do it" when you catch someone acting up. I mean, if a dog commanded him to do this, would he still act on it? Hearing the desires of a "higher power" through an unconventional medium?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I command you all to send me your paychecks!!

didnt work? damn....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This guy will be declared "insane". If not, then what's the motive? Money? Likely he is not crazy; however, w/o direct motive, this is the best option for prosecution. I hope his mother had a large life insurance policy, in which, he was the sole beneficiary; otherwise, motive will more difficult to prove and insanity seems more viable.

I hope this is WELL investigated....from all angles.

EDIT: BTW, wouldn't it be controversial if he was determined to be insane due to religious beliefs....can of worms anyone?
edit on 27-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

That's a completely sane way of thinking..

Don't believe what I do? You must have demons inside you..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
they'll send him to a rubber room for a visit.
otherwise, best way to off someone is to drink a bottle of tequila and run them over.
vehicular manslaughter ain't to bad in most states.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Rideing the Subway home from a masonic temple. wow haha

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinthose

I think I believe him. If his mother truly did not believe in God then it is possible that demons had control of her (if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah of the whole human race, then it is possible for you to be possessed by demons bc you don't have the Holy Spirit living inside of you). I have experienced demons before and let me just say that if you truly love Jesus Christ then every fiber in your being is just disgusted with the person and wishes to put them out of their misery, but you don't because you need to be patient and ask yourself what Jesus would do. But please people, do not judge, it's not your place, it's the place of Jesus to judge, we are all plebeians in God's court and it is our will that decides our fate mainly.

You think you believe God told him to wield a sword and hack his mother asunder? This should not be considered as a rational thought. Am finding it a bit hard not to judge him AND you. According to your logic we should class him as totally sane then subpoena God to the stand to explain himself. I can just see them putting dog the bounty hunter and Chuck Norris on that one.

"Yo Larry, put an APB out on God."

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

maybe the devil could take the stand, be a great witness to prove motive.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is serious.
Humans don't like to admit it, but demonic things do exist and do happen. I'm sure that lodge he attends is full of them. Unfortunately spiritual warfare is an invisible war, and society has become desensitized to it and thinks "psychiatric" treatment is going to do any good when the soul is under attack. I went through something exactly like this before. Attacking someone is horrible, illogical, and will serve no purpose. They will not go away. They will continue to eat at him and speak to him ,even through the doctors, and lead him on some wild masonic goose chase. They are deceiving spirits from Hell and they WANT him to kill people. He needs to break ties with that institution and devote himself to the Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to raise his mind out of that. I've heard of this happening to other people, but I never thought I would see it in the news. Something REALLY strange is happening here. Life is shifting, and evil is running amok.
Probably gonna catch all kinds of heat for my reply, but I feel this needs to be brought out into the open one way or another.

winspiritualwarfare.blogspot.com... - This is not my blog, it's a testimony of someone else who witnessed something similar to what Brea saw.

This is not a scare tactic, I just feel it's necessary for people to realize what we're up against.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VividFiction

VividFiction ... cases like this have been in the news plenty of times over the years. What's disturbing is when the jury find the person guilty on the basis that 'God would never tell someone to do that' instead of simply saying it was wrong.

I don't believe you need faith to distinguish between right and wrong. I don't believe you need invisible persons talking to you to know what is right and wrong. I also don't believe substituting one invisible friend for another is the answer to this man's case. Religious or not you have to accept that, at least for now, it's best for this man to separate all ties from invisible friends until he has found reality again. Maybe then he can make some choices on faith, but right now?

Belief for a mentally ill person is dangerous regardless of your opinions on the factual relevance of belief.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VividFiction

everything this man went through, I've been basically been through too, it's not that hard you know. This was a war between good and evil, and who won? well I don't know for certain, but I do know that you should never lose faith. Faith is the lifeblood of the soul, but you also need love with that as well, otherwise you're dead (source: The Bible). I've plenty of demons talk to me, but whatever you just ignore them and seek the good things. This man acted slowly, he did not outright burst and kill her, showing he had motives and was slow to see things one way (drugs were not involved). I'm very interested in this because it's a microcosm of deciding what is good and evil in the world. If he wins, then we all win, don't you see? Now the real question is whether or not what he did was right or wrong. I think evil more often talks to you than good, if you have the Holy Spirit it is that strong quiet voice coming from your heart, and more importantly, it FEELS right. Everything he did felt right to him which worries me because I can't decide that what he did was right or not. You weren't there obviously or have the adequate knowledge or know-how of how to judge his actions and soul. All I know is that when God calls, you answer no matter what, He created everything after all, you just need to make sure that you double check that what you're doing is right (i.e. does it coincide with God's word?)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke Religious or not you have to accept that, at least for now, it's best for this man to separate all ties from invisible friends until he has found reality again.

why do you want to go back to reality my friend? when losing all ties to it is so much fun? God is light after all, and God is everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join