It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Marines vow revenge for attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

South Korea Marines vow revenge for attack

www.reuters.com

"It's time for action. Time for retaliation. Let's strike the presidential palace in Pyongyang," shouted close to 1,000 marine veterans in downtown Seoul, who burned photographs of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il and his anointed successor, his son Kim Jong-un.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The tensions are so absolutely high right now. I know that have been for quite some time.. but it feels as if we are at a tipping point event.

North Korea likes to say many outlandish things such as saying the United States should be blamed for "orchestrating" the whole sequence of events to justify sending an aircraft carrier to join the maritime maneuvers.

It does make one wonder if the West does want a confrontation.. but to what end would that accomplish?

From this recent article though.. I feel South Korea has finally had enough.

www.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree. this is the tipping point...

Lets hope both sides cool down.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

The tensions are so absolutely high right now. I know that have been for quite some time.. but it feels as if we are at a tipping point event.

North Korea likes to say many outlandish things such as saying the United States should be blamed for "orchestrating" the whole sequence of events to justify sending an aircraft carrier to join the maritime maneuvers.

It does make one wonder if the West does want a confrontation.. but to what end would that accomplish?

From this recent article though.. I feel South Korea has finally had enough.

www.reuters.com

First, This is all so ridiculously orchestrated, from both sides, its ridiculous.

Why does the US hold wargames with the south in waters close to North Korea? Thats provocative and there isnt simply any legitimate, peaceful basis for doing it.

Than again, why does the North need to retaliate? The world is looking on. They dont have to be baited into war.

Both sides clearly want it. The rhetoric is retarded and the emotions involved are beyond childish. Its as if you bring a playground scuffle to the geopolitical level, and thats how we can explain the behavior of America and the North and South Korea.

In my mind, the elite want us to analyze these issues the way would usually do; at the 'human level'. A nations pride and patriotism is its egotism, and holding wargames outside its borders is antagonistic. A mature person would walk away, and likewise, a mature nation.

But, thats not a realistic response. One has to confront his enemy otherwise he'll take advantage of him. So. This situations is contrived and meant to parallel the human in microcosm, with how he relates to others. Just as were taught to be egotistic, which in turn breeds conflict, likewise, this north and south korean debacle, is gonna end up in full scale war.

I wonder if they'll remake M.A.S.H... they can bring alan alda back.
edit on 27-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why is the western media trying to add heat to this?

They seem obsessed.

South korea has to goto UN to show the case for this, which they probably do not have.

If this was another country usa would be saying goto un, and prove what you say to world first.

edit on 11/27/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

A very well thought out post.. I must say I enjoyed reading that.

Even if it is maneuvering from all sides.. I just do not see what can be gained.. besides profits from war.

By the way.. I love M.A.S.H. !!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Perhaps an attempt to keep the value of the dollar high relative to Asian currencies?

Kidding but then again...
edit on 27-11-2010 by bigbomb456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by dontreally

A very well thought out post.. I must say I enjoyed reading that.

Even if it is maneuvering from all sides.. I just do not see what can be gained.. besides profits from war.

By the way.. I love M.A.S.H. !!

Thanks. I did think it over before i posted.

Dont get me wrong. North korea is completely and pathologically Suicidal. I feel bad for the south. The North has leverage on them because they keep threatening to destroy them. So, i can get the anger the south has with the North. The North deserves, no doubt to, to get razed.

But the whole thing in all is a composite of blame, between the North and the South with China helping the North and America the south and both parties are screwed and if i hear anything more about 'diplomacy' i think i might shoot myself.

Diplomacy seems to be a word that means "delay the inevitable". No diplomatic peace process has been exhausted more than in Israel and Palestine. I think its a war of attrition. Sooner or later people become absorbed in this battlefield of rhetoeric and public opinion jumping back and forth. Good today, bad tomorrow. At the end of the day, the parties involved are corrupt, collusive dicks who play the 'emotion game' to get all their constituents involved in an a war of words before an actual war ensues.

Both sides clearly profit, but its bigger than that. Theres an inner, "mystical" or metaphysical basis for what these elites are doing. Destroy inorder to recreate. I wont be surprised to see both Koreas swallowed up by china at the end of this situation. At the end of the day, they want a completely unified world without borders, and at most 'zones' or areas that are ascribed some metaphysical signifiance.

And honestly, i wouldnt be surprised at all to see the elite bring back M.A.S.H with a modern spin. They always manage to sell insulting and disparaging propaganda to the masses without them realizing their intelligence is being made fun of. All they need to do is make the production value much better (as with Glee, high production value seem to suck people in) and get a few big named stars who are also funny, and people will get excited over it. This will continue until life here begins to detoeriate, in which case, the old 'world' we knew will be completely an utterly a thing of the past. A new, post modern era will follow, and life here will probably be a mixture of brave new world and 1984.

edit on 27-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ummmm....did you guys even read the article? These are VETS!!!!!! A bunch of old ex-marines sitting around vaowing revenge. Okay big deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm....did you guys even read the article? These are VETS!!!!!! A bunch of old ex-marines sitting around vaowing revenge. Okay big deal.

It was enough to be on the front page of CNN.

new topics

top topics

join