It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willie Nelson charged with pot possession in Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Poor ol willie got nailed for pot possession! Apparently had 6 ounces of pot and tried to cross the border in his bus. Wow who would of thought of searching him?

Willie Nelson charged with pot possession in Texas

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-11-2010 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
6 ounces? ....... that it? I'm not surprised Willie got busted for pot, i am surprised h only got busted with 6 ounces on him, 6 pounds maybe, never 6 ounces.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

Very funny, thanks. I said the same thing this morning when I saw that on news, who expects NOT to find it on Willie's bus?! Delusional people, that's who.

Poor Willie, he's just doing his thing, and making his music. Does Willie Nelson seem a great threat to anyone? When you think of some of the famous folk in Hollywood who are probably doing much worse...

edit on 11/27/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
And in the mean time, wall street banksters and fraudsters are pulling off one heist after another of the U.S. taxpayer base, courtesy of their 2 party crime family enforcers, the U.S. government. And none of them have recieved even a slap on the wrist for their monumental crimes against the populace.

But we have to protect everyone from dangerous herb-smokers like Willie Nelson!

What a extremely bizzare world we live in...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I came here to basically say something very similar. Also, how is it that one state can prescribe it as a medicine but in another, they can arrest you for the same substance? It is really too ridiculous for words.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I find this story very hard to believe. Is this a credible news source? Must be fake! Then mods need to move this to the hoax section. There is no way a fine, upstanding citizen like Willie Nelson would allow an illegal substance on his tour bus. Maybe it was a set-up.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can't believe he could get 180 days in the county jail for that. Yes, especially when it is legal a couple states over.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous. Alchohol and tobacco are more unhealthy than "pot" or marijuana and yet Willie is charged with 6 ounces. Was Willie even driving under the influence of marijuana or was he minding his own business?

I shiver to think how much tax payer money goes into locking up pot smokers... unbelievable. I am not saying that pot is completely safe, I am saying that that we are wasting our time and resources arresting people who smoke it. Legalize pot, let people be, let cops focus on more important issues.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I heard some of this story on the radio today.

From the way I took it.
Willie wasn't crossing over to Mexico but got caught at one of those check point things they run all over the state of Texas.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
He was probably just doing research for his next song: Red Eyes Crying in the Rain.

I guess I'll never smoke weed with Willie again.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

There is big money in keeping pot illegal............and many American Politicians and our alphabet agencies all have a hand in it.

I can see going after coc aine, meth, heroine but pot is not even as dangerous as alcohol.

Poor Willie.

Pot should be legalized - but until and if it ever is in this country you risk a heavy fine and even jail. Because I am so scared of sharing a cell with Big Bertha, public toilet next to your bed and a heavy fine, I haven't had a toke in over 30 years.

Ridiculous, this is a police state.

You can go into a pot shop in Amsterdam just like a wine shop here.

And we are suppose to be a free country.

Baloney.............we are not free.

And, no I am not a dope fiend, everything within moderation.

While the border guards were busy arresting Willie for 6 oz, they probably let someone with government connections get through with thousands of pounds of pot and tons of coc aine and herione.

And like Dimensional said, our government is so busy putting pot smokers in jail and let the banksters who are mugging the common man go free.

What a insane system.

edit on 27-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good post Dimension.

And yes, our government is going after the wrong people, naturally they keep letting the banksters mug the common man but arrest some guy for a pittance of pot.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It should be a crime to lock Willie up for weed.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 11/27/10 by nickoli because: durn

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Willie Nelson charged with pot possession

They should just leave Willie alone.
Hasn't he been through enough already in his life?
It's not like he is a rapist, mass murder or even a TAX EVADER

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And I must agree, leave poor ol' Willie alone. In the meantime drug cartels are murdering folks at an alarming rate along the southern border, some financial crisis must be brewing on Wall Street and the dang TSA is scheming their next freedom grab. But we must keep America safe from that vicious Texan Wille. Aw well least his trouble aint with the IRS this time..lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Not to mention our war criminal thugs such as the infamous Bush cartel gang, complete with dubya openly admitting sanctioning torture on top of his liar-liar conquest of the middle east, which is still ongoing. Mass murderers and torturers going on BOOK TOURS and openly admitting their crimes against humanity freely, while some MUSICIAN who does nothing but bring people joy is incarcerated for possessing a naturally occuring gift from nature, which tends to make most consumers of it FEEL PEACEFUL.

Oh the irony.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

There is big money in keeping pot illegal............and many American Politicians and our alphabet agencies all have a hand in it.

That is very true. I look towards the influences big business tobacco has over congress, and I'm not sure but I recall the alchohol industry has a good foot in congress as well. While the politicians and the police are holding their war on pot (they call it the war on drugs but really, pot takes the bulk of the people they arrest and spend their resources on) many americans are committing crimes, are killing themselves and are killing their kids while consuming alchohol and tobacco. It's ironic..... or hypocritical, which ever way you choose to see it. But all this is driven by agenda.

Imagine the kind of losses the tobacco and alchohol industry will suffer if pot is legalized, and to make it even worse you can grow this stuff so it will be hard to control by any "body". This has money all over it.... but then again part of the issue is also to do with the public. Our society has been so fearmongered by mariujana, we've inaccurately lumped it with other drugs.... with the last california vote to legalize it the majority of the population voted against, and California is suppose to be the capital state for Mariujana for petes sakes.

It's ignorances and it's money.... and what a waste let me tell ya.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
heh harrassing an old man for possession of road side weeds,

scheesh ,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join