It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great books for ATS's - What are your favorites? Xmas is almost upon us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I'm current;y looking for books to ask for for Xmas on a variety of subjects and I thought this would be a great place to ask!
I visit ATS everyday and have a variety of interests; 9/11 Ancient Conspiracies, Spiritualism, Astral travelling, Political Consipracies, Secret Societies, Aliens/Ufos, Black Projects - Montauk etc.

I was also thinking that this could be a thread for all of us to use when looking for a new read.

I'll put forward three books that I highly recommend.

Towers of Deception: The Media Cover-Up of 9/11 by Barrie Zwicker

Chariots of the Gods : Was God An Astronaut? by Erich von Däniken

The Red Book: Liber Novus by C. G. Jung

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

hi there,

Great idea.

here are my new ones for this year:

Napoleons Pyramids ---- William Dietrich ( Fact Based Fiction )

The Secret State ---- Peter Hennesey ( Non -Fiction )

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
TRICKLE UP POVERTY Michael Savage- securing our borders, language, and cultural.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Red Book, Jung, is an excellent read...as well as presentation...the book is HUGE!

Things I've been reading or have queued to read:
Marian Apparitions are Real: Visits of Jesus and Mary by Kevin A Cook
The Dark Sacrament: True Stories of Modern-Day Demon Possession and Exorcism by David Kiely
The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings by Bart D. Ehrman
Priests, Gnostics and Magicians: European Roots of Esoteric Independent Catholicism by Siobhán Houston
Decoded by Jay-Z (w/ RocNation's Illuminati symbolism, I'm curious to see his take on things)
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (classic)
Columbine by Dave Cullen (really a moving book)
Rise of the 4th Reich by Jim Marrs

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Worlds Before Our Own - Brad Steiger, Interesting thoughts, old book (1978) thats has been rebirthed of late

www.bradandsherry.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Chop Wood Carry Water - Rick Fields
Science and the Akashic Field - Laszlo
This Is Your Brian On Music - Daniel Levitin
The Life Of Pi - Yann Martel
The Tracker - Tom Brown Jr (or Way of the Scout too)

spec
edit on 27-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
-As an earlier posted suggested, Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) is excellent. Her 'The Fountainhead' is nearly as good. I am not familiar with her other writings.
-Noam Chomsky's "Hegemony or Survival" and "Failed States" discuss numerous American political abuses in foreign countries, such as their interference in Central America
-Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" I've plugged this one on ATS so often I could probably be confused with the author, but sadly he died earlier this year. A great historical read, covering many aspects of American history from Columbus up to the time the book was written (which was unfortunately a year or two before 9/11, so his perspective on that is not included)
-Michael Crichton's "State of Fear", while a work of fiction, shows some of the reasons why global warming is a bogus theory, and even if you don't agree with that, it's still a good thriller

I have many others on my shelf that I haven't had time to read yet, but those ones I have read and would think most ATS members or like-minded people would enjoy

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Although I am sure many ATSers will already have read them, simply
Hidden Agendas by John Pilger
Great War for Civilisation Robert Fisk

Vicky

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A book that brings up a few questions:
The Forge of God - Greg Bear

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I know you asked for books but could I suggest this instead

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31e8ce7f036e.jpg[/atsimg]

I just watched it and it reminded me again what a truly visionary man he was...
Also his birthday is in December so it would be apt

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

I haven't read that one, but I read his "The Way" trilogy and that was excellent. A good read if you are into science fiction, particularly transhumanism.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sometimes the classics are the best...
1. George Orwell's 1984 (it's amazing how many people haven't read that one)
2. Animal Farm (ok maybe only if you dropped out of secondary school, but still a good read)
3. Brave New World (although I liked it, not as much as the above, it is potentially a more accurate vision, of our long-term, EU-future than 1984 is)

Non Classics...
4. The Great European Rip-Off (all about why the EU is corrupt, and how it is leading us towards dictatorship)
5. Terminate With Extreme Prejudice: How assassinations-political murder historically fails far more times than it succeeedes, and how even when it succeeds, the ways it backfires on the killers are far more numerous than the ways it helps them.
6. Reefer Men: How to smuggle a billion dollar, cargo ship of weed into the US; kinda explains why prohibition doesn't work, and didn't even back in the 70's, 80's & 90's

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Kane and Able , by Jeffrey Archer .

Have read the book six times already , over several years , and still have a copy that I loan out . If you just like a real good read , do yourself the favor . Highly recommended ..

A real classic , imo .
edit on 3-12-2010 by okbmd because: corrections

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I advise the bible for personal comfort and evolvement!

Greets. A judge of the earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
For the people you know who believe every conspiracy that gets promoted on the internet AND for all the debunkers who meet the mentality everyday:

Voodoo History by David Aaronovitch

It's not about the individual conspiracies, it's about how they are started and who and why people believe in them.

Do ATS non-believers celebrate Christmas? If you can't keep Christ in Christmas you shouldn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Anything by Jim Marrs. A good starting point would be Rule by Secrecy which I like in large part due to its scope and variety and extensive bibliography which provides a great platform for further research.

Anything by Robert Anton Wilson. A much under appreciated genius whom I believe will eventually be considered as the Mark Twain of this era. Or ought to be. The Illuminatus Trilogy would be a good place to start.

Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. Fiction, and runs the gamut of topics from Secret Societies to conspiracies and the occult. You can really lose yourself in this one.

If you don't mind spending a little more, Tuper Saussy's Rulers of Evil is a well researched and disturbing non-fiction look at how we've arrived where we are, at least in his theory. Tupper died a few years ago, before his latest book, "Gods for the Godless" could be released. I'm still holding out hope someone will finish it and get it into release.

And a classic: The Creature from Jeckyll Island about the Federal Reserve. Should be required reading in schools.

There's a reasonable mix of fiction and non-fiction. Hope that helps.

new topics

top topics

join