It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why envision the future? Is there not enough sorrow today?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Those who seek to understand the complexities and the potential inevitabilities of our future existence apparently have no understanding of their current living reality in the present. They ignore the present, hope for a better future, and resent the past. Life is not a pleasure of happiness and joy it is a juxtaposition of bad and worse.

Living for the future is not going to change your present reality. Hoping that next year you will pursue your dreams and remove yourself from your current state of existence in a consequential world where your past mistakes have awoken to form your present reality has never attributed to the advancement of a person’s life.

When imagining the future of humanity rather than individual self-existence you will see as the past generations of realists have that every man, woman, and child has already been guaranteed three things in life; Birth, Death, and Suffering. Between the beginning and end, the start and finish, life is swamped in a state of constant oppression, self-loathing, and suffering.

Trying to escape this state of existence through wishful thinking and fanatical fantasy will not truly alter your state of being to positive happiness it will only cover you in a blanket of ignorance which will give you the illusion of happiness and ecstasy while keeping you in your same original and continuous state of helplessness and despair.

My point is to not look for the future for the change you want in your life rather you must look into your past to analyze the development into your present, understand the errors you made and correct them so you can alter your future. No wishful dreaming or procrastination will help you.

Life is a sad state of existence as long as you do not attempt to analyze your past and work on your present to better your future. As long as you are relying on hope and dreams your future will be just as full of sorrow as today.
edit on 11/27/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I always have a negative attitude to life, and always will.

Glad too, i gave up on life long ago, as i wasn't allowed to live it for myself. If a person lives like me, they cannot make there own choice and live how they want, what is the point of taking part in society.

I just will always be negative, and op is right, i do not expect anything to change till i die.

edit on 11/27/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Learn how to Suffer so that you will know How Not to Suffer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The more that suffering and sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

So I say - bring it on!

Doesn't bother me any more, and then I'm left with my imagination, and so to stay alive I keep on dreaming anyway, call me a fool I don't care, I like to think of myself as the eternal optimist, wondering what we might be able to draw even if only in thought form initially, from the as yet unbown realm of all possibility. If consciousness is primary, then by extension we're looking at some form of remembered reincarnation, and therefore into samsara (cyclical context), karma, and maya, or the mere illusion of separation.

I imagine another world, as if it's the real reality, and wonder if that won't some day make a reappearance here in this point in the universe we call earth.

anything's possible, that's my motto, given enough time.

I don't mind being trapped here in this veil of tears in other words, since some day, every blade of grass will become Godconscious, and the spirit will fill the Earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Applause for the raw honest truth !!!

Now, I fully agree that it's much more beneficial for us to analyze our past mistakes to find the errors of our ways, rather than just imagining things to be better, and really wishing this were so. I've just about lost my mind dealing with foolish morons who have a pathologically optimistic view of the world, and seemingly no real ability to reflect on their actions and intents.

At the same time, I must state that not looking into the future of what may be is equally foolish. We must be constantly bridging all three temporal happenstances, the past, the present, and the future, to best utilize all of our intellectual resources towards creating the best reality we possibly can. I think doing any one of the three to an abnormal extent is foolish and unhealthy: staying in the past, the present, or the future.

Balance!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What if it doesnt matter and i choose to drag myself through this reality for eternity regardless of circumstance.

Your assuming something that means nothing to somone who sees life without time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Quit trying to make yourself sound profound.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY who has the slightest bit of sanity has such a perspective.

All life flows through time.... period.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I imagine God as the absolute objective perfect observer at the very tip of all arrows of "time", a light-cone of universal consciousness in a self aware universe, who in perfect will, is ever patient for us to find our way into him, and in fact all paths lead to him and to a timeless, deathless awareness, and a peace not of this world, but which comes from above. We are approaching this unknown unknown, ever more quickly, as if having crossed some sort of historical space-time event horizon, pulled into the strange attractor, of a new reality, a new heaven and a new earth, via a new PERCEPTION, a new revelation, but one which only makes perfect rational sense, even from a timeless, spaceless universal frame of reference. Perhaps we are more free than we can possibly imagine at present? I think that's the case and that we are only now just beginning to grok ancient truths and realities, things known and told to us repeatedly from before the very foundation of the earth. It still speaks to us, the latent seed within, ready to burst from the rizome. We are almost there, and it'll be an upside-down pyramid of power, the little guy, and he who humbles himself, the servant of all, as the greatest among us. It is not lost, only still buried for a time, this is what I see. Something is just waiting in the wings for re-discovery and a newfound grokking, which will set us free, and then we will realize that life and death, are just a play of the thread of the braids of a tangled hieararchy. A dominant POV of death and "bad" is absurd, since who would consciously choose that which hurts, after countless lives of sorrow and strife? That just doesn't make sense to me, to keep on reinforcing a cynical outlook, from within a self reinforcing negative spiral of cynicism, as if the fixed past has equal weight to the as yet unborn future realm of new possibility, even new life made fresh each moment.

SANSKRIT PROVERB (Prayer) "Look to this day"

Look to this day
This very life of life
In its brief course lie all
The realities and verities of existence
The bliss of growth
The splendor of action
the glory of power

For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision

But today, well lived
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore to this day.

edit on 28-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: sanskrit proverb/prayer added

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Us humans rarely acknowledge the present moment, it's as if it does not exist for us. We seem completely blind to this now moment. Yet it is the only time there is. How long is now? It is always now.
I catch myself thinking or saying 'i will be ok' or 'it will be ok'. Then i remember and say 'oh, i am ok now'. What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?
There really is no past or future, it is always now. Past and future do not exist, only in your head, an imagination. an illusion, a delusion.
Suffering can be reduced dramatically when the present moment is seen and experienced for itself.
Suffering is the result of believing there is anything better than now, that you can do something to make things better in the future. All thoughts to try to remove yourself from imagined suffering will cause suffering.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are so right. The present is something we are trying to cope with. And we all know that coping with families is difficult. But maybe we should try a bit.

Then, in the future, a lot of people will die -when they do, guys, do not feel guilt or remorse. This is just something that happens - people die.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If you dont plan for a future you cant live in the present. That is my experience. I was given just 18 months to live 3 years ago, I found myself not planing for any future and just living the days out. As my health began to improve I realised I had to start planning for a future, even if i dont make it to that future, I had to have a plan that I would work towards.
If you cant envision a better future, you will find yourself in a rut and only contribute to the sorrow.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I would say life happens when you are making plans, suddenly you realize life passed you by and you missed it. Which is more important, now or the future?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You're on to it... A star for you.

That is why we call now the "Present".... as in "Present".... the Gift.

The "Present" is the Gift..... or Now is the "Present"

Yesterday and tomorrow can't be changed as they don't exist...

Only Now exists, so we must change the Now if we are going to change anything.

If we say we will change it tomorrow, it shall never happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We Can't Die we just exit one experience to enter another as we are.... LIFE

Or more correctly a partition of the One LIFE.

So in reality we can't loose our LIFE, because we are "Partitions" of LIFE and the experience only changes, and it will still be NOW... The "Present" or Gift...

The "Gift" is LIFE and You that "Partition" of LIFE which has always been the NOW only, which we can't escape, as we have been given the Gift or "PRESENT".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

There is no need to change the present, as you say it is a gift. Quite rude and ungracious to reject a gift. This is the present, whole and complete. Give thanks.
Anyway, how could you change the present, surely it would be gone before you had chance.
Now, is a very slippery thing!
How long is now?
edit on 29-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Most wander blindly through the Books which this experience comes from, not knowing their true selves, where thy have come from or where they are going, which has nothing at all to do with the Earth.

So their choices are by guessing or as a reaction to something.

The “Program Books”, All comes from, through the "WORD" ( Strings of Letters or Glyphs within the Soul i.e. the “Communication” of LIFE ) are in the form of “Sub-Pages” to each Page, which gives us the “illusion” of “Free Will”.

In other words there have already been created billions of different options within these “Books”, which allow you to choose any one of these “Options” at any stage of the Book ( i.e. the Book of the “Individual Species Program” each experience and the “Main Program Book” the Species Programs Interacts with.) which are governed by the Boundaries of the “Story”.

The story exists as though a "Tree" or having a Directory.

At any stage of the Story the number of “Options” available vary according to the “Species Program” you have chosen before entering the program.

So yes we can and do change the “Present”…
Often reflected by the fact we can change our option (change our mind), within the Boundaries of the program governing the options available in any page of the Book.

The purpose of this world (Books) is Not for any human gain or development, but rather for “The Metamorphoses of the Soul” to take place.

It is the “Suffering” which Invokes this Program (The Metamorphoses of The Soul) to take place within each Soul.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Everything, except your experience of now, is a story.
Without words, there can be no things.
We cut the universe up into bits.
No past , no future.
Just this.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Bingo !

You're onto it...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
AHHHHHHH!!!! no one wants to work any unity.
edit on 5-12-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join