It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if war breaks out?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

you may reconsider your position after finding out China has a very nice Navy.And also Russia expanding its Navy now with China a very close ally. Remember never say never

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

They do NOT have a "very nice" navy.

At all.

It is actually the weakest, most laughable naval fleet in the advanced world. They have about ten ships (give or take), the majority of which being de-commissioned American ships that were sold to Taiwan in the mid to late 90's. I would actually ask you to reconsider your position.

China poses no immediate threat to our physical safety. None.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I live in New York City so I would bug out immediately if war was declared.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

You should continue to live your life and go to work, have birthday parties and everything your doing now....we have been in several wars and you just live your life.......why would you stop everything go to survival mode???? We are at war now...why haven't you done it already....wake up...grow up...better yet go live in the woods...the bears need to eat to...LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Same things I do every day, no interruption.

Live life.
Pray.
Kids.
Laugh.

Post on ATS at times

Why change anything?

We are here once...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Same thing I always do.

Puff on something natural and stress relieving while laughing at all the mindless fools going off to their 9-5.

Ain't no damned war going to keep me from doing my thing.

Well, unless things seem to be going the nuclear route, which I don't think is likely anytime soon.

If I truly think ICBM's may go off, I'm out to South America.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I would do what I have been doing for some time.

Hiding out in the woods,getting prepared to live primatively.

Let the world destroy itself while I wait for it to finish itself off.

I hope your log cabin can withstand the initial heat blast of a hundred atomic bombs.
And then of course you'll need to eat some magic berries to stave off the radiation poisoning.
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If it is a war fought overseas... the same thing I do now. Go to school, work my job, pray for family and friends safe return from action since they are/will be serving overseas.

If the war comes onto American soil, I would defend my place of birth... that's really the only option I would see there.

If the draft was to be reinstated... well, I haven't really though that out yet, but sneaking out of country seems like a good idea; When Prez O's daughters serve, let me know, I may reconsider.

All in all though, I don't see a battle hitting American soil; not saying it is not possible, just saying I don't think it is a high possibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I would do what I have been doing for some time.

Hiding out in the woods,getting prepared to live primatively.

Let the world destroy itself while I wait for it to finish itself off.

I hope your log cabin can withstand the initial heat blast of a hundred atomic bombs.
And then of course you'll need to eat some magic berries to stave off the radiation poisoning.
Good luck!

Yes, because it's such a strategic move for a nation to use nukes on another nuclear nation. I mean, that totally makes sense...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'd get me a gazelle to snack on and watch what happens next.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"i'm a 4H,

in the event of war,

i'm a hostage"

woody allen

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

My friend, I beg to differ. According to global security.org, they have 50 amphibious warfare ships(some are actually hospital ships or whatever). Let's assume, for the sake of argument that they are all able to make the trip to San Diego or wherever. Their largest, most modern vessels are capable or carrying 800 troops and up to 15 tanks each.(see link). They all cannot carry that many but again, for the sake of argument, let's assume they can. That would be a grand total of 40,000 troops. That is the limit of their sealift capacity. Even if they had enough ships to keep those troops in supply, which they don't, they are physically incapable of mounting an invasion of the US. They really cannot even invade Taiwan with what they have. Note that I also assumed no resistance from the USN, or the USAF. Seriously, at the present time, it is impossible.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Probably get recalled to service.

If it happens, it happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think I would be watching a lot of Fox News, and I would continue going to work. I would probably increase my current food storage, and increase my supplies at my undisclosed location that will be used in the event I have to bug out of my current location.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
hope the aliens overthrow the TPTB and rescue us from this madness,.

otherwise I will do what I do everyday and _______ and ____________!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I will throw another log on the fire,
sip my warm cider,
and wait!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What would you do if war breaks out?

I guess that would depend on whom we were at war with and why. Wars are a dime-a-dozen right now and with the country (US) so very politically polarized, your closest enemy could be the guy next door who voted differently than you in the last election..

The world is in chaos. Even in the depths of the Cold War, we all understood what Mutual Assured Destruction meant. That bit of wisdom is now neglected... using the bomb is no longer verboten. Insanity is the new policy. Ignorance the new standard. Political division the new patriotism.

I dunno exactly what i would do but... I am happy to report that at my age, I probably won't live long enough to see how bad it will eventually get.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yeah, it sure is fun watching fellow Americans get massacred, huh?

Nothing wrong with a little housecleaning taking place in DC.

It would most likely improve things.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

My friend, I beg to differ. According to global security.org, they have 50 amphibious warfare ships(some are actually hospital ships or whatever). Let's assume, for the sake of argument that they are all able to make the trip to San Diego or wherever. Their largest, most modern vessels are capable or carrying 800 troops and up to 15 tanks each.(see link). They all cannot carry that many but again, for the sake of argument, let's assume they can. That would be a grand total of 40,000 troops. That is the limit of their sealift capacity. Even if they had enough ships to keep those troops in supply, which they don't, they are physically incapable of mounting an invasion of the US. They really cannot even invade Taiwan with what they have. Note that I also assumed no resistance from the USN, or the USAF. Seriously, at the present time, it is impossible.

www.globalsecurity.org...

China has a very large merchant fleet with a large number of the ships owned by the PLA
They have 130 vessels with a capacity of 320,000 Twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) in just the COSCO Group ships

A 20 foot equivalent shipping container could hold 10 troops with gear.
That means they could move 64,000,000 troops using there COSCO Group merchant fleet if they had to.
en.wikipedia.org...

And they have other shipping companies.

Many of these ships are manned by reserve military officers. meaning with there time at sea they are very experienced.

Anti air weapon and some vehicle launched weapons systems could be put on top of the containers to give then Anti air and some standoff surface to surface capabilities.
And china has been working on a vertical takeoff and landing aircraft like the AV-8A Harrier

edit on 28-11-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I can only LOL. Merchant ships cannot force a landing against hostile forces. So you must plan for these merchant ships to tie up at port los angeles and unload armed troops in an orderly fashion? Seriously? Come on dude, just a little common sense please. We still haven't factored in the USN into the mix yet. So just for sh*ts and giggles, let's throw a few missiles into the mix. How is your container launched aa going to stand up to air launched or submarine launched anti ship missiles? The launch platforms would likely never even enter detection range, while your ships would be detected hundreds of miles away. But, just for fun, let's assume that these 64,000,000 troops got here. How would China feed them? Most of them would die of starvation within a couple months.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join