It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if war breaks out?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
imagine this..

China declares war on USA along with North Korea, India and Iran...

Would you still go to work ?

or would you start preparing your home for the bombs to drop ?

Perhaps running around shouting "Unicorn Molester" and doing drugs ?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I would do what I have been doing for some time.

Hiding out in the woods,getting prepared to live primatively.

Let the world destroy itself while I wait for it to finish itself off.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

I feel sorry for you. Most likely, you will be wrong.

Anyway, I do not see such a thing happening. India/U.S. relations are not remotely hostile enough for a declaration of war to come out of seemingly nowhere. Contrary to what many think, our relations with China aren't even that bad.

And if it happened for some reason, why would I have to change what I was doing? I would still go to college, work part-time, and drink with my friends. There would be no worry of an invasion, because North Korea/China/India do not have the means to invade us. The war would be fought primarily throughout the East, and we Americans could go about living our lives, though with a bit more worry and fear I would suspect.

The only way I would have to change the way I lived would be if I were drafted to fight.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

I have been forced to live this way by forces outside of my control.

Accepting things as they are helps to nullify the pain of being disposable.

I feel sorry for all of those multitasking automatons I see scurrying around,not realizing they live beyond their means.

We are all disposable.

The draft will be called something else,like "The Universal Service Act",the legislation is renewed every year,just waiting for a fire to start.

Once activated/passed,it will require everyone between the age of 18 to 42,to serve a mandatory 2 years.

Once the rich guys can get it passed in a way where they won't be sending their kids to die in the event of a fire starting,it will get passed.

edit on 27-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I would hunker down and stay very aware of what exactly is happening. We're already prepared with food, water, etc. I'm in California (Northern end) so if someone nuked San Francisco and there was a southern breeze, we would bug out. We're prepared for that, too. But I don't think it will get that far - they'll just do enough to scare us and keep our eyes off the doomed dollar and worsening depression.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My job is considered an essential function in wartime and I am too old to be drafted.
I guess I'd go to work.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
My job is considered an essential function in wartime and I am too old to be drafted.
I guess I'd go to work.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.
too darn old and have med probs.
who knows, maybe some of those
jobs held by guys going off to war
will open up

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
if you are a civilian i think there are only a few options:

1. Carry on as normal and hope for the best

2. Enlist and fight for your country.

3. Run and seek asylum in another country.

add more if you want but this is probably what most of your neighbors will be doing.
edit on 27-11-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I do not think that will happen.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Stay glued to CNN and mainstream media for live to air hot military, action like the rest of Americans. The live war is bigger than the Olympics!

2003 Invasion of Iraq: Comparing viewership from prewar to post war, MSNBC saw a 357% jump in ratings, while CNN went up 305%, and Fox News climbed 239%, according to Nielsen numbers.[citation needed] In overall numbers, Fox News was number one, followed by CNN, and then MSNBC.[12] It was a major success for Fox News, as many had believed CNN would reclaim the top spot, since it established itself with coverage from the 1990-1991 Gulf War. -Wiki

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would go to work...

Somebody has to send out the EAS message for the couch potatoes.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I live about 20 miles from sellafield nuclear reprocessing plant, I reckon that will be a priority target, so i'm buggered.

As long as I go out drunk, i'll be happy, mind you, i live near lots of mountains, so climbing is an option.
edit on 27/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I guess it depends if it is another phoney war or if everyone goes straight to butting heads..

en.wikipedia.org...

but then again, we could already be at the phoney war stage..
edit on 27/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

maybe more appropriatly asked would be "what happens if N.Korea and S. Korea escalate into conflict and we the U.S. stand behind S.Korea and China throws down its very own sanctions against U.S. to include borrowed Dollars that no longer there would stop U.S. dead in its tracks. Done. No more...Now what would you Do? No more entitlement money like Soc.Sec. or welfare,which is what is really floating the American economy. More than an out of controle government,Anarchy is to be feared the most in a nation without the means to police its self...can I get an AMEN?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I do not want to derail this thread away from the OP, but try not to feel sorry for "multitasking automatons" like myself... We enjoy our lives.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ide stay and fight,so we dont come under chinese occupation* even if i died trying its for freedom and democracy*
however...if they surrounded washington dc and congress..ide let the chinese mow all the politicans down witht heir machine guns

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yeah, it sure is fun watching fellow Americans get massacred, huh?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

I feel sorry for you. Most likely, you will be wrong.

Anyway, I do not see such a thing happening. India/U.S. relations are not remotely hostile enough for a declaration of war to come out of seemingly nowhere. Contrary to what many think, our relations with China aren't even that bad.

And if it happened for some reason, why would I have to change what I was doing? I would still go to college, work part-time, and drink with my friends. There would be no worry of an invasion, because North Korea/China/India do not have the means to invade us. The war would be fought primarily throughout the East, and we Americans could go about living our lives, though with a bit more worry and fear I would suspect.

The only way I would have to change the way I lived would be if I were drafted to fight.

I feel sorry for you, if you honestly believe that China if they wanted could not invade the US. This sort of mentality is just pure arrogance. Heck you are being invaded by mexicans all the time and you know why your Govt does nothing. Because they can't, if they could they would have done. Or do they not want to stop the flow down south ?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Please explain to me how a nation without a Navy can invade us.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

It comes down to transport capacity and logistics. China is incapable of mounting and sustaining/supplying an invasion of North America at this time. In 20 years or so it may be a different story. We don't even have to consider the number of civilians with weapons or other such topics. The Chinese simply do not have enough ships to FEED their troops if they were magically transported here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join