It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL Taxes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I recently purchased a rental car for the rate of 260.00 for a week and three days.

By the time the criminal government got done assessing their fines and penalties for the crime of renting a car, the bill was up to over 341.00.

The total government theft amounted to 80 dollars out of 341.

I recently purchased a refurbished iPhone 4 for the rate of 249.00.

By the time the criminal government got done assessing their fines and penalties for the crime of buying a phone, the bill was up to over 338.40.

The total government theft amounted to 59.41 dollars out of 338.40.

Praise Mao and may Stalin expropriate your feminine hygiene products.

actual receipts received:
-------------------------
Dollar rental car
Weekly Rate:
1 week(s) @ $177.64
3 extra day(s) @ $28.04

Base Rate $261.76

+ Milage Charge Unlimited
+ Drop Charge No Charge
+ EXPO TAX $8.14
+ CONCESSION FEE $30.03
+ VEHICLE LICENSE FEE $4.00
+ STATE TAX $16.87
+ FACILITY CHARGE $1.00
+ Rental Tax $15.06
+ ENERGY RECOVERY FEE $4.50

Estimated Total $341.36

-------------

Device Apple iPhone 4 - 32 GB - Black (Refurb) NOTE: Mail-In rebates are not valid on refurbished equipment $249.00
Accessories IFrogz Black Luxe Case $29.99
Not Eligible for Mail-In Rebate
Estimated Sales Tax $59.41
*Order Total $338.40

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is happening with everything.

It's time to unplug,and see if they come for you transplantable (sp) organs as payment for nothing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

It is a crime to buy products.

Of course, it is not a crime to print money. Just ask the Federal Reserve. They are printing 600 billion dollars as we speak.

Since the private Fed can print money, we should all be able to print money.

It would help paying the fines imposed by our criminal government.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was just talking about this to someone yesterday -
Specifically how many times the same money gets taxed - over and over again.
From one person to the next - from one purchase to another.
What a racket.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this. The other day I also rented a vehicle and noticed all these absurd taxes. I could go on and on about taxes. One thing is for sure, we are being taxed with horrible representation.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

By the time the criminal government got done assessing their fines and penalties for the crime of renting a car, the bill was up to over 341.00.

I'm starting to wonder if you don't know what some words actually mean or just have some speech problem that also effects your ability to type.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40

Thank you for posting this. The other day I also rented a vehicle and noticed all these absurd taxes. I could go on and on about taxes. One thing is for sure, we are being taxed with horrible representation.

How about no representation.

The board of the Fed is not an elected body.

Inflation is a form of taxation.

It is a devaluation of the currency caused by government expanding the money supply.

Since the Fed is in control of the money supply and they are effectively taxing us by printing phony money, we can say that we are being taxed without any representation what-so-ever.

edit on 27-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

I was just talking about this to someone yesterday -
Specifically how many times the same money gets taxed - over and over again.
From one person to the next - from one purchase to another.
What a racket.

Yes, you first get taxed on your paycheck. Then whatever money you have left over, you get taxed again on whatever you buy. And if you fail to pay your taxes, you get taxed again. How can we stop this madness?
Another related/unrelated thing I found out is that if you have money taken out of your paycheck (supposedly pre-tax) to invest in a 401K plan, there are undeclared fees that get skimmed off the top by the investment firm. I consider this another tax.
If I received all my hard earned money per paycheck, I would live a very comfortable life. But TPTB would like me to live with a little economic frustration/angst in my life. Unfortunately, we will be paying more in taxes because of the 11+ Trillion that we are in debt.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well at least over in the U.S.A your fuel isn't taxed to the extent it is here in England. The fuel duty makes up around 50% of the overall price- roughly 85 cents per litre of tax alone. Not only that, but there is also VAT of 17.5%. To put it in American terms, a gallon of petrol is approx. $9. It's not like we aren't ripped off when it comes to general road tax as well!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Don't forget that corporations have to pay sales taxes on goods they purchase in the course of making products.

That additional cost is passed directly on to consumers in the form of higher prices.

All taxes are ultimately born by the consumer in the form of higher prices.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Kratos40

How about no representation.

The board of the Fed is not an elected body.

Inflation is a form of taxation.

It is a devaluation of the currency caused by government expanding the money supply.

Since the Fed is in control of the money supply and they are effectively taxing us by printing phony money, we can say that we are being taxed without any representation what-so-ever.

Yes, I see your point. Our so called monetary wealth in terms of the fiat currency is getting so diluted by the Fed's printing presses that in turn our government representation in Congress is also getting diluted. What a sad state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Bank of America and JP Morgans representation counts for 100 million citizen votes each.

Your representation as an individual citizen counts for .001 votes each.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I recently purchased a rental car for the rate of 260.00 for a week and three days.

The total government theft amounted to 80 dollars out of 341.

I recently purchased a refurbished iPhone 4 for the rate of 249.00.

By the time the criminal government got done assessing their fines and penalties for the crime of buying a phone, the bill was up to over 338.40.

The total government theft amounted to 59.41 dollars out of 338.40.

Praise Mao and may Stalin expropriate your feminine hygiene products.

actual receipts received:
-------------------------
Dollar rental car
Weekly Rate:
1 week(s) @ $177.64
3 extra day(s) @ $28.04

Base Rate $261.76

+ Milage Charge Unlimited
+ Drop Charge No Charge
+ EXPO TAX $8.14
+ CONCESSION FEE $30.03
+ VEHICLE LICENSE FEE $4.00
+ STATE TAX $16.87
+ FACILITY CHARGE $1.00
+ Rental Tax $15.06
+ ENERGY RECOVERY FEE $4.50

Estimated Total $341.36

-------------

Device Apple iPhone 4 - 32 GB - Black (Refurb) NOTE: Mail-In rebates are not valid on refurbished equipment $249.00
Accessories IFrogz Black Luxe Case $29.99
Not Eligible for Mail-In Rebate
Estimated Sales Tax $59.41
*Order Total $338.40

Your "extra costs" are not all taxes. You admit that with the iphone you bought an extra case 29.99, amd with the car there was a 30.03 concession fee, facility fee 1.00, and license fee 4.00.

These are not taxes. These are extras charged by the companies you did business with.

These are completely frivolous items that you purchased that you likely could have done without (transportation can be achieved with public transport and iphone is completely unnecessary).

Why shouldn't the Government get their share of your frivolous spending?

Just about every country in the Western World has a sales tax. You want to buy stuff, then pay taxes.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The funniest thing to me, and the most criminal, is the fact that for every additional dollar that was raised in taxes the government actually spent more. In other words, since WWII, for every dollar the government acquired in taxes, on average they spent $1.17. So for anyone that thinks raising taxes is the way to reduce the deficit, you are wrong. Raising taxes does nothing but entitle the government, whether it's a Republican or Democratic White House, to spend even more money.

That's why, no matter who is in office, always fight to lower taxes for everyone. I don't care if increased taxes come from millionaires, middle class, or the poverty-stricken. All it does is make the government spend even more and when the original target group can no longer keep up with the increases and increased spending, they go after yet another group to "contribute" to the cause. See the never-ending problem of playing catch-up?

In the late 1980s, one of us, Richard Vedder, and Lowell Gallaway of Ohio University co-authored a often-cited research paper for the congressional Joint Economic Committee (known as the $1.58 study) that found that every new dollar of new taxes led to more than one dollar of new spending by Congress.

Using standard statistical analyses...we found that over the entire post World War II era through 2009 each dollar of new tax revenue was associated with $1.17 of new spending. Politicians spend the money as fast as it comes in—and a little bit more.

Source: www.firstthings.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Don't forget that corporations have to pay sales taxes on goods they purchase in the course of making products.

That additional cost is passed directly on to consumers in the form of higher prices.

No, they don't. Most taxes that corporations pay on goods they purchase on the course of making products are written off. Most major corporations in the USA pay ZERO (or pretty close to it) in tax of any kind.

It's time they paid their fair share.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yes, the delusion that we can tax the "rich" to pay for our criminal government's outrageous spending is ridiculous.

Those people OWN our government and most of the ultra-wealthy (billionaires) made and keep their fortunes because of government contracts, subsidies, and tax breaks.

None of the billionaires will lose a penny in taxes, it will all come from small business owners.

Taxes are for the little people.

Any tax increase on the "rich" will result in the destruction of small business, which makes up the bulk of our economy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes, but don't forget that corporations (U.S. based) receive generous tax cuts, even though in the process of making more profits for the fatcats, they outsource the jobs. So that $400 Iphone you just bought only cost them $50 to produce in some Asian country. So somewhere around 700% profit for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Outsourcing isn't the problem.

We could produce those same products here if our government stopped taxing and regulating industry.

Never forget that a company could pay workers 3.00 an hour here to make shoes, but they don't because regulations and taxes prevent them from doing so.

Further, after you account for taxes, the person making minimum wage here is actually making about the same as a person being paid 3.00 an hour overseas.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Outsourcing isn't the problem.

We could produce those same products here if our government stopped taxing and regulating industry.

Never forget that a company could pay workers 3.00 an hour here to make shoes, but they don't because regulations and taxes prevent them from doing so.

Further, after you account for taxes, the person making minimum wage here is actually making about the same as a person being paid 3.00 an hour overseas.

It is part of the problem. Any respectable manufacturing job that used to exist in the U.S.A. is getting outsourced to a third world country. We are being turned into a service industry economy, slowly but surely. Would you like fries with that?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not so sure about your claim that corporations have to pay sales tax on materials used to make other products. I know some ranchers and shrimpers who are exempt from fuel taxes on fuel used in the course of doing business and they are also exempt from sales tax on the purchase of machinery and parts for their boats and farm equipment. I believe there are similar exemptions for the purchase of manufacturing supplies utilized by corporations.

I'd like to see some proof of corporations paying sales tax on supplies, just because the rhetoric says they do doesn't make it true. Most of the added expenses that the OP is speaking of are actually fees put in place by the company selling the products or by the state in which they were purchased in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join