It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never heard of God! ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Originally posted by watchitburn
I think I understand where you are going with this, and I apologize if i got off topic.

That’s ok, there’s no need to apologize. In these religious threads it’s normally a 2 or 3-page battle, before people actually get down to addressing the points lol kind of comes with the territory.

As for where I’m going with this thread, I’m not entirely sure myself. I was having a discussion on another thread, where the concept of “someone who had never heard of God” was being tied into an Atheistic argument.

I guess from a certain perspective the question, where did everything come from, is something that is automatically built into us, even if people don’t believe in a God/Creator, they are aware that it’s at least possible.

I guess this thread could go down some deeper philosophical avenues but essentially at the moment, I’m just trying to get peoples thoughts and opinions on my OP.

Thanks for you thoughts

- JC

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
No I'm not Jewish. I did try to go to a synagogue in my area but chose not to. Well we could debate how differently Jews, Christians and Muslims worship or see God.

My beliefs are pretty unique right now, I actually go along with a lot of Judaism and I even think Mohamed was a prophet but I’m not a Jew or a Muslim and although I believe in Jesus, I have rejected many things to do with Christian beliefs as well. There's a lot to cover and this is the short version but I believe in the God of the Old Testament and I believe that he lived and spoke through Jesus, who I believe, is the Son of God.

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I created my own version of God using ideas from God in Judaism. Kind of something to explain the Big Bang and also get me into Masonry while not making me religious in sense. I don't follow the Bible. I believe the Bible and other religious text are not true. I just have my own version of God.

The only advice I can give right now is, don’t throw the baby, out with the bath water, if that makes any sense. For example, I don’t acccept all of the Bible either but I do accept parts of it.

I think it would be best if I commented in one of your own threads or even in another thread. There may be things which you don’t believe, which I don’t believe either or vice versa.

But in the meantime and bearing in mind your own version of God, whatever that might be, what are your thoughts on the question in my OP?

- JC
edit on 28-11-2010 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You need to add Nihilist.

Someone who believes that the universe is COMPLETELY random, your actions really have no meaning, life is a mistake... a hiccup, a random chain of events.

Atheists would like you to believe that that is what they believe, but most still believe in something supernatural. A nihilist does not.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join