It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

take that the flood song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
how many ppl have heard the take that song the flood ?
how many ppl have read the lyrics ?
here they are for you :

"Standing on the edge of forever
at the start of whatever
shouting love at the World.
Back then we were like cavemen
but we met the moon and the stars
then we forgave them.

We will meet you where the lights are
the defenders of the faith we are
where the thunder turns around
they'll run so hard we'll tear the ground away.

You know no-one dies in these love drowned eyes
through our love drowned eyes
we'll watch you sleep tonight.

Although no-one understood
we were holding back the flood
learning how to dance the rain.
We were holding back the flood
they said we'd never dance again.

Breathin' but none of us leavin'
wash your mouth son or you'll find yourself floatin' home
Here we come now on a dark star
seeing demons not what we are
tiny minds and eager hands will try to strike
but now we'll last the day"

i didnt think about it untill a few weeks ago but the more i hear the lyrics the more i think that they are singing about angles..
let me try to explain what i mean (btw my spelling and grammer isnt all that so please forgive me and ill do my best to explian what i mean)

1st part of the song "standing on the edge of forever
at the start of whatever
shouting love at the World.
Back then we were like cavemen
but we met the moon and the stars
then we forgave them" angles standing on the edge... could this be heaven or infinity ?
at the start of what ever...anti christ comming ?
shouting love at the world ? speading the word of god and love..
back then we were like caveman... old testoment ? then we fogave them.... new testoment (god sends his son to die for us).

2nd verse :"We will meet you where the lights are
the defenders of the faith we are
where the thunder turns around
they'll run so hard we'll tear the ground away." are they (angles) saying they see us in heaven and there the defenders of the faith of god ? and the last part of the verse they run so fast we'll tear the ground away... send them back to hell ?

3rd part :"You know no-one dies in these love drowned eyes
through our love drowned eyes
we'll watch you sleep tonight." no ones dies in these love drowned eyes (no matter what we do go will always love us) they protect us when we sleep

4th part "Although no-one understood
we were holding back the flood
learning how to dance the rain.
We were holding back the flood
they said we'd never dance again." no understands god and why he lets bad people and bad things happene ect..... but god and angles are protecting us from the flood ( whats comming ? ref to noas ark ?)

5th part"Breathin' but none of us leavin'
wash your mouth son or you'll find yourself floatin' home
Here we come now on a dark star
seeing demons not what we are
tiny minds and eager hands will try to strike
but now we'll last the day."

were all breathing but do we leave when we die ?
wash your month out son ? dont use the lords name in vein sin aginst the spirit ?
here we come on a dark star seeing demons not what we are ?
is the with refrance to the book of revalation where the anti chrst says that the christains are the devil and demons and bad people. the last two lines tiny minds the sheep of the world and who dont listen and jump on the band wagon but in the end good wins ?

first off sorry again about spelling ect.... AND AM NOT SAYING TAKE THAT ARE GOD OR ANGLES..... but i do belive that music is a massive part of every ones life and somtimes god can speak through bands to get across the mass of the world...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think you might be reading to much into it..

Did you check to see who wrote the song? Normally it's Gary Barlow, but if it was co written by robbie Williams then could explain some of the references.. It is quite well known he is into alternative subjects, including spiritualism and ufology, he has claimed to have seen ufos and has spent time at the gililand ranch..
edit on 27-11-2010 by Misterlondon because: put skinwalker instead of gilliland by mistake

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i was saying that god could be speaking through the person how wrtoe the song. like when a vicor says a serman ect....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
i was saying that god could be speaking through the person how wrtoe the song. like when a vicor says a serman ect....

this is where crazy people get away with saying "god told me to do it"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

to be honest i didnt read your whole post.... also if you think god spoke through the songwriter, it would have been an idea to take 30 seconds go on google and find out who actually wrote the song...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think is more about the humanity and how it has been forgetting the important things in life. Maybe it haves a more secret meaning but oh well, I haven't found it. Look for S.O.S. and Kidz lyrics from Take That's Progress, maybe you can find more conspirative lyrics on there (BEWARE: S.O.S. is so freaking catchy)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You obviously find it difficult to see the bigger picture in life, God can talk to you in many ways, through messages in your life which lead to one completely heart felt realization of something. for example lifes experiences can be thrown at you so that you become a better person or so that you are prepared for a specific purpose, i am in a band, and in my bands earlier days when we were much younger, i have come to realize that the lyrics i was writing didn't make much sense when i was a kid, but now im older and i go back and listen to the songs, there meanings are so deep and heart felt its as though unknowingly God had taken my hand and mind and forced me to write truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You obviously find it difficult to see the bigger picture in life, God can talk to you in many ways, through messages in your life which lead to one completely heart felt realization of something. for example lifes experiences can be thrown at you so that you become a better person or so that you are prepared for a specific purpose, i am in a band, and in my bands earlier days when we were much younger, i have come to realize that the lyrics i was writing didn't make much sense when i was a kid, but now im older and i go back and listen to the songs, there meanings are so deep and heart felt its as though unknowingly God had taken my hand and mind and forced me to write truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby

I know this is an old thread but I think you are on to something- possibly channeling, but who knows...

Also youtube this,
Take That "The Flood" X Factor 2010 (Full Version) Live Results Show 6 HD 1920 1080

and at 3:40-3:50, there is morse code in the song.
At first I thought it was the words, "Yeah" but it wasn't; and almost sounds like "G" space "D" space "AKUAH".
I'm not an expert in morse code but if you find one then let me know of the result.

Last thing to this ordeal, David Bowie sings a song called "Dark Star" really weird but bear through it.
I think the Artists are getting something out or at least trying...like I said possibly channeling...but who knows...

top topics

join