It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT. The Big Lie: Selling You the War with North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com...

In this article from 'what really happened', yet one more significant discrepancy in the details of the information released to the public has been exposed.

The article alleges that the torpedo shown on the South Korean website, regarding the sinking of the Cheosan, does not correlate with the plan of the N. Korean torpedo also shown - and it's this detail which ties N. Korea to the sinking of the Cheosan.

If this is true, it's more evidence that lies are being told once again to try to justify a war against N. Korea - any war will do for US, as long as they can get a war going.

I find it interesting that after Iran's statements on the international stage, about requesting an investigation into 9/11, the appetitite for war against Iran seems to have significantly dwindled. At the time I wondered whether Iran's statement was a threat to US/Israel/UK, along the lines of 'We will disclose the evidence we have about the truth of 9/11, if you continue your plans to attack Iran', This is pure speculation on my part, but it does look as though they are currently looking for an excuse to start a war elsewhere.

It's worth also bearing in mind that most of the MSM rhetoric about N. Korea's recent missile attack on S. Korea fails to mention that S. Korea actually sent a missile to N. Korea FIRST, They say it was 'accidental', of course, but nonetheless, this significant detail is omitted from most news reports.

edit on 27-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The 9/11 angle may be a small part of it, but I think overall it is that the public just isn't buying into the story.

Add to that Iran now has a functioning reactor and it is likely that TPTB are just waiting the reactor to become fully active/online. Once enough time has passed that they can reasonablly claim that the reactor is producing nuclear weapons material I think we will see the rhetoric begin anew.

It takes alot of effort to pound the war drums. since that effort is being wasted at the moment in Iran TPTB will switch focus and up the tempo.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

it's tough when a super power like america wants to start a war with you

if you do nothing, you get taken

if you react, you are likely to play right into their plan

it's a real catch 22

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Obviously the sinking of the South Korean warship isn't as cut and dry as the media portrayed, otherwise I can assure you that swift military action would have been taken by South Korea. However, this situation is rather similar to, dare I say, Israel. Remember when last December Israel was getting shelled and bombed daily -- one or two a day for many months -- right up until Israel had enough and then killed thousands while only losing a few of their own? The rockets ceased for awhile, Israel was condemned for over-reacting, but their method did work, even if temporarily. I'm not saying Israel was right, or wrong, I am simply pointing out that if NK continues, SK is going to have to declare "enough" and respond. Period.

Further, have you seen the protests going on in South Korea right now? Citizens are beyond angry that their government is allowing this to happen without any action. Much like the US citizens did after 9/11. Something Americans like to forget now that we are protesting the wars in the Middle East.

No country can sit back and allow another to fire rockets at them. Now, for argument sake let's say NK didn't blow-up the SK warship, it doesn't matter. NK certainly shelled that island and killed at least four people -- if it was your neighborhood or your family living on that island I doubt you would accept the government not doing anything about it.

However, being an American citizen, I would like nothing more than for South Korea to handle this situation on their own and leave us the heck out of it. We already have 28,000 troops too many over there in my opinion. The last thing I want, or most people want I would assume, is yet another war or conflict or whatever it's going to be called this time around. But that doesn't mean that if I were living in South Korea, and hearing only the "official story", I wouldn't want North Korea put in its place in a hurry.

This situation is a lot bigger than NK versus SK anyway. China told us to back-off and will not condemn the actions of NK and will continue their trade agreements with NK no matter how many sanctions the world creates. So what's the answer? Cow-tow to China and allow NK to act like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum? For how long?

What's the right number of South Korean citizens and/or military members that have to die in order for ATS members to say: OK, now it's OK to retaliate.... 10? 100? 1000? Again, in my opinion, it should be the South Korean government and the South Korean Military that responds -- not the US. But that's as ridiculous a dream as hoping this will all just go away.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I see no good reasons why the US would want a war with North Korea.

People could shoot a hole in their foot as well but I don't see any good reason to do so.
I do believe North Korea wants aid to help out their economy and believes they may get something by stirring up trouble.

Maybe there are hot heads on both sides (North Korea and South Korea) not refraining from firing into each others territory. Maybe North Korea just wants a regular ransom payment so that they don't feel an urgency to attack. Maybe we could work out a cheaper deal to keep the leaders of North Korea busy. Maybe send over some play station systems and set up some cell phone towers and smart phones so all the North Koreans leaders can stay busy playing games and reading about the latest entertainment gossip like Americans do.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
have you heard of occum's razor theory?...the simplest explanation is often the truth. maybe, just maybe, this is a different torpedo model. maybe the "plans" of the north koreans are a little different for a reason. maybe this "picture" of the recovered torpedo is not the right one. and frankly, looking at the photo of the torpedo, i can't see any actuators.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So of all the people in the world, including all the qualified and experienced engineers and parties who would have an interest in exposing any untruth in the claim that NK sunk that ship, it is this anonymous internet conspiracy theorist alone that, without any known qualifications or experience, blows apart the findings of an international investigation using nothing more than a single photo of a blueprint and a couple of photos of an exploded torpedo. Yeah alright.

It's worth also bearing in mind that most of the MSM rhetoric about N. Korea's recent missile attack on S. Korea fails to mention that S. Korea actually sent a missile to N. Korea FIRST

Err did it? Do you have a source for this?

South Korea has said that it was conducting live fire exercises before NK started its bombardment but this can’t be what you are talking about because SK was not firing into NK territory and it has been widely reported. The best I can find from even the most conspiracy minded sites is that the area is disputed but that is hardly the same thing is it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

well speaking of no proof
you just showed you are the one with no proof

NEXT :
you could hav looked at the recent report but you didn't....because then you would have to be polite if you did

edit on 27-11-2010 by Danbones because: for the thumb

edit on 27-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
if You ask me people are so desentitise (sp?) that they really do not care unles bombs fall on thier driveway

for me there will be no war .. its just a smokescreen for other things like irleand and stuff.
NK and SK had been at it for 60years ... for me if they wana fight let them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

you just showed you are the one with no proof

For what claim am I required to provide proof?

Edit to add -

The blueprint in the OP article is actually incorrect, the blueprint shown at the news conference was of the wrong torpedo hence the discrepancies. So that article is doubly rubbish.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

edit on 27-11-2010 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
so who wants a hyundai automobile anyway...we have GM making a comback...ok, ok, but a little humor never hurts.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I was under the impression the Torpedo in question was traced back to N. Korea via Germany, who sold them the torpedo if I am not mistaken.

new topics

top topics

join